Weapons you wish were in Soul Calibur

TheBattler

[08] Mercenary
When the Soul Calibur developers create a character, they choose a weapon, and then create a character based around that weapon (although, there are probably exceptions, and they clearly don't always use realistic moves).

This is *kind of* a create-a-character thing, and even though we can create-a-soul, they can't use weapons that the characters already have.

Are there any weapons that you'd like to see represented by a character in a future installment?

I was thinking that a character who uses a bow with two blades on them would be interesting. He could bring back the Bow and Arrow that Link had in Soul Calibur II, and he would play somewhat similarly to the staff characters, borrowing their moves in which the staff is held by two hands close to the center.

Another weapon which would be interesting a Macanuahuitl, and thus introducing a character from Meso-America. A character who wields it sort of be a swordsman, but he would also be similar to Rock and Astaroth, since Macanuahuitls were heavy weapons. Slow, but powerful strikes would fit a Macanuahuitl very, very well.

A character who primarily uses a whip would be kind of cool. Maybe they could have a grab with extra range, although that might really screw with the current system.

It would be nice if Heihachi's mostly unarmed style would make a comeback, as well. It always kind of sucks to see a character's moveset mostly disappear from the engine.

Some of the styles used in Soul Calibur III should definitely make a comeback, such as the Greaves or the Lance (although, if I'm not wrong, Hilde uses some aspects of the Lance moveset).

A return of the SC3 CAS movesets would be cool. Revamped and made to be unique of course. A sai moveset would be awesome as well (Raphael of TMNT)...it'd be cool if they made that moveset very defensive minded, like special counters or stances that work well to counter long ranged people. A multi-sectioned staff too...mix between Maxi and Kilik perhaps.

EDIT: you know, now that I think of it, if Namco really cared about the bonus characters, they would've given them a unique moveset, at the very least recycled versions of the SC3 CAS movesets. Asholette with the Lance, Shura with the Katana and Shuriken, Kakikke...musu...w/e with the zweihander, Agnol Fear with the magic extending staff, and then something for Scherizade. I know I butchered the spelling.

Kusarigama would be interesting. Ivy already kinda occupies that slot tho. (Same for whip as far as that goes)

I think a two sword style other than Cervy's swashbuckling would be interesting too. Could give it strange new game play mechanics like holding a button down to keep one or both swords "stuck" to the opponent's weapon etc. (Kind of an inverse Hilde. Designed to keep the opponent close.)

Rock should start using Bangoo as a weapon. Man Bangoo up a bit that way. (Or a big iron ball on a chain, either way. It'd help separate him further for Astaroth.)

Musket/Bayonet user. kind of like that one guy from Samurai Warriors had. . .

I like the idea of a Musket.

I was thinking that a character who uses early gunpowder weapons would be kind of cool. He would have a move kind of be like Cervantes' pistol shot, except as a OHKO (maybe overpowered). He could be kind of a joke character, though.

As a workable character, he could use the musket as a weapon for short range or something. It's not such a bad idea. They could take modern hand-to-hand techniques that most army's use and implement them for him/her, and then maybe make the "connection" that he is the mother/father of modern warfare or something.

It'd also be cool if Rock got a ball and chain, although a Club is very unique from an axe. It's just that it was implemented kind of wrong.

What was that bosses name from samurai showdown? I think it was Amakusa or something like that. He had a globe or something like a crystal ball that levitated from his hand which he used to hit people with. I always thought that was really cool. Probably better suited as a female character's weapon though.

Link's style is the one I would like to return the most, it was one of my favorite
S-A-S styles ever. The custom styles should have returned.
I liked the Katana and shuriken style and, the lance style that was a good one a little extreme though.

I would like someone that uses a hatchet, or/and a straight sword or someone using their BARE HANDS!

Not the H-man but better.

Ball & Chain would be interesting, indeed.
Bow + 2 blades = Pit. With the exception of the mirror shield, which couldn't be worked out realistically, the rest of it could work pretty well.
Unarmed combat really needs to come into play. I loved the idea of someone who doesn't need any weapons against all these other people who do. If you want to spice that up a bit, put blades on his wrists or basically everywhere on his body.
I'd be intrigued to see the possibilities of a character that relies entirely on hidden projectiles. I'm thinking of Mousse from Ranma, here, but when someone's entire moveset relies on projectiles (if he doesn't get insta-banned), it could make for long-distance supremacy and point-blank stupidity.
The Klingon Bat'leth, while probably only having a slight chance as a guest weapon, would be very interesting to see. I've never truly seen that thing used in combat aside from mock battles, and it'd be interesting to see how Namco could make it work.
As I recall, there was a weapon invented which was a cross between a staff and nunchaku, known as a three-section staff. This was essentially a staff split into 3 connected lengths. One would hold either the center piece and use the sides or hold one end and use the whole thing as basically a very extended nunchaku. It was not made to be a single piece, but I'm sure Namco could work around that. A fusion of Kilik & Maxi would be interesting to see, indeed.
Then, we could use the Sai. All I've ever seen is with the turtle Raphael, but I do know the Sai was made as a weapon which could catch the enemy's sword. This weapon style could lend itself to an impact/parry-heavy moveset. For something a little longer, we could use a Jitte.
Kusarigama: This one would be a very weird weapon to work with, perfect for Soul Calibur. This consists of a small sickle, and connected by a long chain would be a heavy weight with spikes on it (similar to a flail). It's been used in a lot of anime, but for another fighter, think of Axl Low from Guilty Gear.

I'd like to see a weapon similar to the Falcon's Talons from Ninja Gaiden 2.
While Voldo's weapon is similar the style is wrong

A dual swords user similar to Jubei from the Smaurai Showdown series would be nice as well.

I've posted in a few threads like this on GameFAQQ's, but those threads always sink into oblivion, so I'll have better luck posting here!

I for one support the inclusion of a three-section-staff user. It's easily one of my favorite weapons of all time. It's such a versatile weapon, and the style just looks so slick. I wouldn't really call it a cross between Kilik and Maxi... more like a cross between Kilik, Cervy and Ivy.

I would also love to see the inclusion of Longsword + Gauntlet, using actual German swordplay. It'd be a heavily defensive/counter-offensive style based on reversals and grapples.

As a workable character, he could use the musket as a weapon for short range or something. It's not such a bad idea. They could take modern hand-to-hand techniques that most army's use and implement them for him/her, and then maybe make the "connection" that he is the mother/father of modern warfare or something.
The whole concept or adding ranged weapons into a melee combat game is awful.

Could give him a limit on the amount of bullets per round, and dictate the way he fires them. Maybe give him a aiming stance, 3 versions of it, were he can fire high, mid, or low depending on stance. Then the rest would just be him using the bayonet with maybe some throws or attack grabs using firing animations that would count towards his bullet limit.

Back