Weekly Famitsu Reveals Soulcalibur: Lost Swords

• Admin
So if you guys remember, back in July, Namco-Bandai registered a trademark for "Soulcalibur: Lost Swords". A week later, they wrapped up their Comic-con panel, and revealed absolutely nothing about the upcoming title. Well as of this week, the title has been officially revealed in Weekly Famitsu.

According to Gematsu, Soulcalibur: Lost Swords will be a Playstation 3 exclusive free-to-play game in the vein of Tekken Revolution. If its similar to their other F2P titles, the game will be "time-limited" where players must purchase tokens in order to continue playing the game beyond its initial demo hours. Not much more is known about the title, but it will most likely be a slightly modified version of Soulcalibur V.

SC-Lost-Swords-PS3-Ann.jpg

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
I'm glad to see this game made. I have long thought that Soul Calibur needed a game that would give it a constant inflow of cash even if it was a little bit. Hoping this will be successful.

Hopefully it turns out differently from Tekken Revolution. Bamco has had some time since that game's release after all. Maybe they'll go with a better format.

If it winds up being just a re-release that will at least give them the ability to patch the game and fix some primary issues like hit box inconsistencies and Viola's infinite and ToD combos.

Last edited:
Awesome! ...This comes up the very day I was finally able to get Inferno cervantes on the ps3.... Hm. Cervantes better have his 3 igdr in this new version!

Absolute TRASH!

So glad SC2 HD Online is coming out, so I can 100% ignore this bullshit.

Who's ready for a watered down version of an ALREADY WATERED DOWN VERSION OF SOUL CALIBUR (SCV is hella boring and limited as fuck IMO movelist/system mechanic wise)?

Your colorful rant on how much you hate SC5 for stupid reasons doesn't mean jack-shit to Namco, or anyone else for that matter.

Yes, the system was heavily altered to be more beginner-friendly, but it works. They did a damn fine job of catering to both the competitive and the casual community, and this game will be no different.

Based solely off of what I have seen of Tekken Revolution, Lost Swords sounds like it'll be pretty damn fun.

Your colorful rant on how much you hate SC5 for stupid reasons doesn't mean jack-shit to Namco, or anyone else for that matter.

Yes, the system was heavily altered to be more beginner-friendly, but it works. They did a damn fine job of catering to both the competitive and the casual community, and this game will be no different.

Based solely off of what I have seen of Tekken Revolution, Lost Swords sounds like it'll be pretty damn fun.

Maybe it's me, but I don't find SC5 to be more beginner friendly than 4. In SC4 I had a group of friends who would switch between characters and we would all play different ones and have a good time.

In 5 we spent the whole time learning 1 character inside and out and it was a lot less fun because we tried to competitively excel at one character because otherwise we were no good at any. In 4 we at least felt like we were good in our 5-8 characters a piece because we could go online any time with them and kick tail. In 5 that was not the case.

I'm not quite sure why that was, but 5 was not as fun as 4 for us, nor as easy to learn.

SCII HD is a strategy to attract old school players back into the series, as a "reminder" that they have not been... let's say, forgotten.

Lost Swords is possibly a way to bring more interest (and funds) that will be used for the making of SC6.

Main point of this: Namco has not abandoned the community

I was hoping for this to be on PS4 but hey it's free how can I complain? (Seriously why are some people complaining? lol)

Hope someone uploads a better pic, I can't make out most of the text on this one

Live streams

4 Viewers
DrakShadow97
DrakShadow97
(+18) Día 9 jugando juegos temporadas 4...// (playstation) // !play

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members