Weekly Famitsu Reveals Soulcalibur: Lost Swords

• Admin
So if you guys remember, back in July, Namco-Bandai registered a trademark for "Soulcalibur: Lost Swords". A week later, they wrapped up their Comic-con panel, and revealed absolutely nothing about the upcoming title. Well as of this week, the title has been officially revealed in Weekly Famitsu.

According to Gematsu, Soulcalibur: Lost Swords will be a Playstation 3 exclusive free-to-play game in the vein of Tekken Revolution. If its similar to their other F2P titles, the game will be "time-limited" where players must purchase tokens in order to continue playing the game beyond its initial demo hours. Not much more is known about the title, but it will most likely be a slightly modified version of Soulcalibur V.

SC-Lost-Swords-PS3-Ann.jpg

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Complaining is one thing, but I think people have a right to be disappointed.
I've expressed my disappointment with it so I don't follow you?

And this is why companies can release crappy products. I'll support quality soul calibur products, not just anything that Namco throws out there.
You do realize in F2P games they can add in stuff after the fact. Right? Sounds like your panties are in a bunch. Would you like me to help you remove your wedgie with my nunchakus?

Don't misunderstand, I wasn't trying to call you out or anything xD
All I'm thinking is once the initial wave of disappointment blows over and we start getting info about the game the complaints will start to reflect the actual nature of the game instead of missed expectations.

WEAK...I just want namco/bandai to give me a SCII/IV like SC with SCV's online and I'll be good (oh, and Cassandra, i need Cassandra lol). I understand the marketing reasons for making and releasing a title like this..but...this is overall dissapointing..

It must be "the gauntlet" of SCV.
I think they will release random sets of movelist records on training mode with some story lines. the aims of namco is to increase the number of players of SCV. I love the gauntlet of SCBD.

guys. this game is basically, the same thing as Dead or Alive 5 core fighters. i'm guessing. look it up. if the pricing for the full version of this game is reasonable i think i may go back to soul calibur. i would like to. especially since i finally got my arcade stick. so here's hoping that they release a well made game for sure. i would love to go back to not knowing which character would win a tournament.

So, if this game is just offline, one of my guessing is that is just a SCV F2P for casual Soul Calibur gamers, for those who didn´t buy the game so they give it a chance, while the hardcore or fan of SC will get SC2 HD Online.

On the other side, if there will be a good story part, i wouldn´t understand if they don´t put it out as DLC for Xbox 360 players, ¿Wouldn´t they be loosing a lot of money for ignoring us?

Well can't pretend to be pleased with how the game sounds. I am happy Namco is still thinking about the future of the series. Perhaps they will add in multiplayer, add in all the characters, really turn this into a great game.

Either way it will bring in revenue which could be used for the next soul calibur. All we can do is wait and see.

I hope it doesn't require a 15 hour long grind just to unlock a random character who may or may not be the one that I want to play.

I finally just gave up on trying to unlock Xiao in revolution and went back to TTT2.

You do realize in F2P games they can add in stuff after the fact. Right? Sounds like your panties are in a bunch. Would you like me to help you remove your wedgie with my nunchakus?

Your comment on F2P has nothing to do with the point I made in my post about ignoring negative aspects and being positive about the game just because Soul Calibur in the title.

Concerning your F2P comment, sure they can, but you have no idea of if they will add anything or what they will add. It's interesting how you and others who are pushing for people to be positive can only base your positive attitude on wild speculations about things that could happen or maybe happen instead of basing your opinion on the information that's out there. Right now for me (and many others based on this thread) out of all of the information released about Lost Swords there's nothing to be positive about.

For Christ's sake people, shut the fuck up already. They're giving you a new goddamn Soul Calibur game for free. Don't want it? Don't download it. All I know is that if I ever get my hands on a PS3, I'll be enjoying my free Calibur.

/thread.

You people are acting like this is going to be Soul Calibur VI. It's not.

And to those going "Oh there's no reason to be positive ughghhghh" keep in mind that we still barely know anything about this anyway. There's nothing much to be negative about either. For me, Lost Swords is enough proof that Bamco don't want to give up on this series, and that alone is makes this worth watching. We just don't know how this will be yet, so keep your butts on your seats until a bigger announcement is made.

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back