Weekly Famitsu Reveals Soulcalibur: Lost Swords

• Admin
So if you guys remember, back in July, Namco-Bandai registered a trademark for "Soulcalibur: Lost Swords". A week later, they wrapped up their Comic-con panel, and revealed absolutely nothing about the upcoming title. Well as of this week, the title has been officially revealed in Weekly Famitsu.

According to Gematsu, Soulcalibur: Lost Swords will be a Playstation 3 exclusive free-to-play game in the vein of Tekken Revolution. If its similar to their other F2P titles, the game will be "time-limited" where players must purchase tokens in order to continue playing the game beyond its initial demo hours. Not much more is known about the title, but it will most likely be a slightly modified version of Soulcalibur V.

SC-Lost-Swords-PS3-Ann.jpg

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Let me just say this. It used to be a time where I would get excited if they told me there was a new color swap for just one character in a Calibur game. But you people have ruined that for me. I saw this announcement and the first thing I thought was, "Fuck, I wonder how much bitching this is gonna set off". Now I can go on and on but really fuck it, what's the point. I fucking hate you people. Non-contributing ass pieces of shit who have NOTHING but negative comments and ignorant assessments. You all have truly beat me down finally. Just know that I hate you and if it were up to me I'd ban ALL of you that fit in that category. What we would lack in numbers would definitely be made up in quality. Burn in hell, all of you scrubs for finally making me like this.

Let me just say this. It used to be a time where I would get excited if they told me there was a new color swap for just one character in a Calibur game. But you people have ruined that for me. I saw this announcement and the first thing I thought was, "Fuck, I wonder how much bitching this is gonna set off". Now I can go on and on but really fuck it, what's the point. I fucking hate you people. Non-contributing ass pieces of shit who have NOTHING but negative comments and ignorant assessments. You all have truly beat me down finally. Just know that I hate you and if it were up to me I'd ban ALL of you that fit in that category. What we would lack in numbers would definitely be made up in quality. Burn in hell, all of you scrubs for finally making me like this.
I really like this LOL, you got to understand, namco has fucked us so many times that it's only natural that we complain when they do stupid shit like this, remember sc3 and sc3 arcade???, remember sc4 and broken destiny??, remember sc5 INCOMPLETE AND O WAIT F2P -_____________-, bajajajjajajajajajajja

I'm pretty sure that Namco knows that we are all still interested...other than money issues I don't know why we have to go through sc2 HD and lost swords before getting super sc5 or sc6. IMO I would rather them do what skullgirls did and just ask for funding while keeping fans posted on progress but hey new games to play, right?

I'm pretty sure that Namco knows that we are all still interested...other than money issues I don't know why we have to go through sc2 HD and lost swords before getting super sc5 or sc6. IMO I would rather them do what skullgirls did and just ask for funding while keeping fans posted on progress but hey new games to play, right?

maybe SC2HDO/SC:LS IS in fact a beta for future SC games

*gasp*

With the next gen systems right on the horizon, If I were Namco, I dont know that i would invest in old technology. I would put my money into the future of gaming. I like to believe thats what Namco is doing. Testing the waters for future installments.

Just my guess. I bet Im not that far off

very little to whine about when something is being offered free.

However, being the optimist, I believe that the negative overreaction is just showing how much passion our fan base has regarding their love (and expectations) of soul calibur announcements. For those that were too hyped and mistake this for soul calibur 6 or even super soul calibur 5: lost swords, of course they'll be disappointed.

I don't think anyone is complaining for the sake for complaining, but this IS the internet after all.

Soul Calibur 6 won't happen until next-gen. Current-gen is on its way out the door. It makes sense to do games like this; by releasing F2P games on current-gen that rely on microtransactions, you milk the crowd that is not wealthy enough to invest in next-gen. HD remakes of older titles that cost fairly little also fill this niche too.

I played a little bit of Tekken Revolution and found it fairly enjoyable. Certainly worth more than the $0 I spent on it. Even if this one's single-player only... well, honestly, that's where I get most of my gaming enjoyment. Last time we had a single player Soul Calibur, Lloyd Irving was the guest. Moar Tales characters pls. Swap Devil Jin with Jude Mathis? Or maybe bring in Milla Maxwell? Pls. :V

I am happy that Namco is still putting effort into the SC series. SC:LS is a good way to introduce new aspects to current SCV players which may be implemented in future installments if the feedback is positive. Meanwhile, as its F2P people new to the series may want to try out the game - if they like it, they may keep playing SC:LS or even purchase SCV and become casual players. Win-Win situation? I think so.

Thanks Namco for not forgetting about the SC series! Hope SC:LS becomes a success ^_^!

Free or not, aimed at casuals or not, releasing a fighting game without any kind of versus mode is stupid as hell. I hope there was some issue with translation or that this is just another cobbled-together action game set in the SC universe because I mean...really?

They had better have improved the AI then.
I hope they arent a exploitable yet cheating mess like Legendary souls (Oh you are standing there guarding? Let me circle around you until you let go of the guard button so I can JFT you) Or (So I just blocked Cervy's 4B BE, what do I do? Attack with a 3B ofcourse!x10)

I wouldnt enjoy SCV AI at all. SC2 had better AI than that.

Back