Weekly Famitsu Reveals Soulcalibur: Lost Swords

• Admin
So if you guys remember, back in July, Namco-Bandai registered a trademark for "Soulcalibur: Lost Swords". A week later, they wrapped up their Comic-con panel, and revealed absolutely nothing about the upcoming title. Well as of this week, the title has been officially revealed in Weekly Famitsu.

According to Gematsu, Soulcalibur: Lost Swords will be a Playstation 3 exclusive free-to-play game in the vein of Tekken Revolution. If its similar to their other F2P titles, the game will be "time-limited" where players must purchase tokens in order to continue playing the game beyond its initial demo hours. Not much more is known about the title, but it will most likely be a slightly modified version of Soulcalibur V.

SC-Lost-Swords-PS3-Ann.jpg

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
I can't believe people complained. Soulcalibur should get all of our support. I'm even buying the pointless SC2 HD remake with no intention of ever playing it. Its $15 bucks.

I can't believe people complained. Soulcalibur should get all of our support. I'm even buying the pointless SC2 HD remake with no intention of ever playing it. Its $15 bucks.

Buy me a PS3 and i will happily support this =P

Buy me a PS3 and i will happily support this =P
I'm not talking about people who can't download it at all. Would you could do is get any PS3 players you know interested. Every little bit counts. Even if they don't spend a dime. Namco can still see there is interest in it the franchise.

Hmm it's funny because I was talking with my brother about this game earlier and wondering if it was a real game. So this is quite some pleasant news.

I have to say, I'm a little excited for this. I'm hoping that it's really fun and has a bit more to do then the vanille SCV. Here's to hoping.

Regarding the AI: They've been secretly gathering gameplay data from online players to make ghost AI versions.

Your colorful rant on how much you hate SC5 for stupid reasons doesn't mean jack-shit to Namco, or anyone else for that matter.

Yes, the system was heavily altered to be more beginner-friendly, but it works. They did a damn fine job of catering to both the competitive and the casual community, and this game will be no different.

Based solely off of what I have seen of Tekken Revolution, Lost Swords sounds like it'll be pretty damn fun.

And who are you again? :/

I don't have "stupid" reason for NOT liking SCV and being absolutely leery towards SC Lost Swords.

I don't give a shit about the casual community. Quality > Quantity in my book. I want a good quality Soul Calibur fighting game. SCV is slacking in numerous ways. And I want nothing remotely close to it, for the next installment.

If 2g is removed from SC2: HDO, it'll undoubtedly be one of the best fighting games ever made IMO (even though I do believe that SC3 E.E is better).

Revolution is ass smh. Not even sure why I responded to you...

I don't give a shit about the casual community. Quality > Quantity in my book. I want a good quality Soul Calibur fighting game. SCV is slacking in numerous ways. And I want nothing remotely close to it, for the next installment.
Doesn't everyone start as a casual though? Statements like this imply a lack of fluidity between different levels of skill and play, which is not at all true. Stop being so condescending.

And this is why companies can release crappy products. I'll support quality soul calibur products, not just anything that Namco throws out there.

It's interesting to see people opinions of the various games. I loved sc2, played sc3 for a minute and didnt really like 4. Switched over to tekken 5 DR and then Scv won me back.

Live streams

5 Viewers
ChiefVibe
ChiefVibe
Feel Like Ripping My Teeth Out My Mouth , But Im Okay 🙃
1 Viewers
karat_mc
karat_mc
SoulCalibur 6 Весы духа

Forum statistics

Threads
Members