Weekly Famitsu Reveals Soulcalibur: Lost Swords

• Admin
So if you guys remember, back in July, Namco-Bandai registered a trademark for "Soulcalibur: Lost Swords". A week later, they wrapped up their Comic-con panel, and revealed absolutely nothing about the upcoming title. Well as of this week, the title has been officially revealed in Weekly Famitsu.

According to Gematsu, Soulcalibur: Lost Swords will be a Playstation 3 exclusive free-to-play game in the vein of Tekken Revolution. If its similar to their other F2P titles, the game will be "time-limited" where players must purchase tokens in order to continue playing the game beyond its initial demo hours. Not much more is known about the title, but it will most likely be a slightly modified version of Soulcalibur V.

SC-Lost-Swords-PS3-Ann.jpg

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
They were saying Lost Souls, not Lost Swords in the interview

lol.. went back and watched that interview and it looks like the internet audience really did ask about "Lost Souls" (probably typo) instead of "Lost Swords". It's still funny though when looking at Harada/Hoshino's expression (trying to act as if they didn't know what it was they were referring to, which I'm sure they did). Very sneaky. hehe

Is so unfair "Soul Calibur Lost Swords" to release only as a free play game for PS3... I am so sad and disappointed because I'm an Xbox 360 owner...! And I am afraid that in this game Namco will add more characters that they did not appear in SCV and many new items for character creation... What we are gonna do all Xbox 360 owners if we don't get this SCV version named "SC Lost Swords"...?

Food for thought:
Has anyone specifically noticed how the title says "Lost SWORDS" instead of "Lost SOULS?" The entire premise of this game appears to be crafting weapons in Creation. Has it ever occurred to anyone that the title simply reflects on the creation of weapons that wouldn't have existed without using other weapons to mesh together (lost in existance) instead of just giving players missing characters? Yeah, Sophitia is in it, but how many times hasn't Project Soul done something to hype a game before release?

Sophitia's appearance shouldn't be surprising, after they just used her in Warrior's Orochi 3 Ultimate. It seems like marketing

Last edited:
So I recently tweeted to Hoshino (and cc'd Harada), asking why he hasn't answered to any reader posts (like his predecessor and Harada-san). I mean since creating his twitter account, all we've gotten from him were very basic announcemnt and no human interaction which made all his tweets sound rather "robotic".

I got an interesting response from Harada in his defense:
---------------------------------------------------
Katsuhiro Harada‏@Harada_TEKKEN
Because he need his translator sometime. And he is so busy now, cuz He is working in four projects.
--------------------------------------------------

FOUR projects? Hmmm.. two I guess we know. I wonder what the other two could be? Of course before you guys start jumping the gun, this could be anything at this point - Soul Calibur related or not.

Incidentally I just notice recently Daishi's twitter is gone.

Last edited:
I think I know what PS is going to do. They may have this game be a gateway excuse to bring Sophitia back in.

EDIT: *read REPROBEAN CHILD's post*
Well at least I know I was right.

Last edited:
Food for thought:
Has anyone specifically noticed how the title says "Lost SWORDS" instead of "Lost SOULS?" The entire premise of this game appears to be crafting weapons in Creation. Has it ever occurred to anyone that the title simply reflects on the creation of weapons that wouldn't have existed without using other weapons to mesh together (lost in existance) instead of just giving players missing characters? Yeah, Sophitia is in it, but how many times hasn't Project Soul done something to hype a game before release?

Sophitia's appearance shouldn't be surprising, after they just used her in Warrior's Orochi 3 Ultimate. It seems like marketing
They should bring her back malfested, with a shard of the cursed blade in her aorta.

I'm sorry!!! I was just quoting what was in Yimaxi's link. I just felt like it's something that needs to be addressed because it is such a disturbing notion.

So.. it's a single player game because of some salty loser's cries?
I guess? Which makes me wonder where they found the focus group for this so called "research". From my personal experience a lot of people just quit early, they don't even have to lose.

from the same article:
"This might seem unusual, but we've done a lot of research and noticed the Soul Calibur group was different to Tekken. That group like fighting against each other, whereas Soul Calibur fans really want to look at the characters and enjoy the atmosphere, and we had an overwhelming response in that direction, so that's why we chose that."

Wondering where they were doing this 'research'.
gee, I didn't know I don't like playing other people and only enjoy looking at characters.
CaS threads, naughty stool!

Hmmmm, where could they find people who don't like losing in SCV for this research? *Puts in SCV copy*. Oh hey look there is a "NO SPAM OR KICK" lobby open! Awww sweet there are even a couple of "NO GRABS" and "CREATIONS ONLY 1 ROUND" lobbies available!

Last edited:
Hmmmm, where could they find people who don't like losing in SCV for this research? *Puts in SCV copy*. Oh hey look there is a "NO SPAM OR KICK" lobby open! Awww sweet there are even a couple of "NO GRABS" lobby and "CREATIONS ONLY 1 ROUND" lobbies available!
Its disgusting the amount of matches like these there are. If I see one more "No NATSU" Game ima kill someone. And I don't even play Natsu!

Well, it's a good move from PS, as there are indeed lots of casuals who play for the customization. A single player game provides a good sense of achievement without the risks of vs (Diablo).
I'm sure it won't keep them from making SCVI, so I don't see where the problem is.

I'm curious about the elemental effects : is it only rock-paper-scissors, for example, wind does more damage to earth, earth to water, etc ? Or will each element change the properties of some moves as well (ie : 2A is now +18 on hit, Raph's B+K now evades verticals...) ?

You RQ'd on me before and sent me hatemail too, Robert J. In both SCIV and SCV. Hopefuly you have changed.
Well, I never said I didn't. Thank you for the clarification, though.

I'm curious about the elemental effects : is it only rock-paper-scissors
Back on topic, it seems to me like it will be straight up rock paper scissors but if it goes any further, it would probably be something generic like fire = damage boost, water = more health etc.

Its disgusting the amount of matches like these there are. If I see one more "No NATSU" Game ima kill someone. And I don't even play Natsu!
I still have an off screen cap of someone who did that to me. It's funny too because I reset him to high hell and didn't even take free bomb damage, just styled on him. Right before round three ends, D/C and the same guy made a room titled "No Natsu". I spit my drink out, lol.

It is a single player only experience, a decision that producer Masaki Hoshino explained to Eurogamer.

"They didn't like playing against other people - when you lose it's not exactly a great feeling. So we decided to tailor something to this player base."

Wait, what?

disgusted_cat.jpg

Then why play the game in the first place? You lose to other players, other players lose to you, you lose to the A.I., the A.I. loses to you, and even the A.I loses against the A.I. It's a FIGHTING game; SOMEONE is going to lose. And people wonder why tourney players hate casuals.

Live streams

1 Viewers
LuckyNaegi
LuckyNaegi
Soul Still Burns Tournament Run (+ Raid)
0 Viewers
theartfulcannon907
theartfulcannon907
#Demonic/Skullie/Goth Female Wolf GAME ON!#Watch me suck at every game SoulcaliburIV!come watch!

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back