What are the best siegfried counterpicks?

Moritsuna

[08] Mercenary
I mostly play online but I find siegfried players to be very annoying. I am trying to decide a main and will probably pick a char that is good against this bastard, I played Mitsurugi in the previous games but I keep getting wrecked by sieg.

From eventhubs I see that it's mostly Geralt but are there other chars that do naturally well against siegfried?

I play Voldo and he does pretty well. It's not a specific counter pick, he's just a good character too that has the tools to deal his own big damage... and has long range. 22A poking is gold against so many characters (full tracking mid horizontal with super long range, that has built-in step AND crouches under highs). Mixing it with Voldo's normal pokes (44A+B), launchers (44B, 22B) and mantis/bt pressure/etc is quite effective.

Right now I've been cycling between Kilik, Nightmare, and geralt, sometimes seong mina

Last edited:
Don’t pick a main based on a counter pick, pick someone you like and just learn how to fight against Siegfried or whoever. Sieg is very slow and very unsafe. Learn the frames for the moves sieg is smoking you with and sieg will have a lot of problems. Doesn’t matter the character, if the player knows how to play against sieg that sieg has to work really hard.

Agreed with Disco, and on top of that, everyone in your list would be a good counter pick already! So it looks like you are well on your way if you are frustrated with that character's common play style. : )

As a side, everyone in this game has tools, just make sure you play your game and not get sucked into the game a good Siegfried wants you to play. : )

You guys are right. I just tend to have some altism in fighting games, but I really need to pick 1-2 chars lmao. I kinda like flashy characters too. I spend a few hours trying Maxi but he's hard to learn... how are Taki and Rphael

EDIT: I only play nightmare against other nightmares/seig lol trying to get good with other chars

Last edited:
Back