What are you using for your stage music tracks and why?

DanteSC3

[14] Master
I'm curious of us here, who is still using the standard music (if any), and if you replaced it with other music, what your reasons for doing so are! Also feel free to include hopes and dreams for the future, because I'm sure we'll get some version of SoulCalibur IV and SoulCalibur V soundtracks in season two... soon... maybe...

Shrine of Eurydice: Cloud Sanctuary - Unwavering Resolve

I'd rather be using Afterglow ~ A Silent Prayer from SoulCalibur IV: Broken Destiny (as was used during Cassandra's Soul Chronicle, but this one will do for now. I was instead using Fearless Eyes before Cassandra came out, but I figured it was time to let Cassandra's theme take the stage now.

Ostrheinsburg Castle: Hall of the Chosen - Confrontation -Arrange-

Since we don't have a Lakeside Coliseum, and this is the closest thing to it that we do have, I can't help but use this classic track. It's very fitting, and adds some pretty grand atmosphere to the stage. I was using Lineage of Destiny here before, as it was quite fitting, many of the more epic battles occurring on this stage, but as soon as Confrontation was available, I jumped right on it.

Windswept Plains - Recollect Continent

I was originally using more tracks from SoulBlade, but this ended up being the only one I kept, not because it's my favorite or anything, it's just one of the most appealing tracks that feels like it just "is" the stage, in my opinion. I'm not sure if I'd replace this one for anything else, honestly.

Astral Chaos: Tide of the Damned - The Evil Flame

I absolutely adore this variation of the classic Inferno boss music. It's one of the standout tracks from SoulCalibur VI, easily top three best of the game, if not top spot. It honestly baffles me why they even bothered trying with Myriad Souls, if they did, because this is just beyond perfection for this stage. Not even Hellfire from SoulCalibur II can top this one, I can't see myself ever taking it off.

Kunpaetku Temple: Serpentine Banquet - Endless Warfare

This one is honestly the least fitting among my entire list, if I'm being honest. I just really do love this track, though, and I had to use it, and it fits this stage even better than you'd think it might, in my opinion. It's possible my personal love and bias towards the song is fueling that response, but we don't have a pirate ship stage, and if you squint really hard, you might could pretend that the shrine is a pirate ship. I was using Doomsday before it was available, and that one felt pretty well too, but was quite easily replaced.

Master Swordsman's Cave: Azure Horizon - The New Legend -Arrange-

Try as I might, Undying Legend just wasn't doing it for me, so I replaced it with Deadland Call almost immediately. I then swapped out for The New Legend as soon as I could, and when the higher-fidelity version from SoulCalibur III was available, I swapped to that without hesitation. You just really can't beat the classic tune here, I don't think.

Indian Port: Impending Storm - Eternal Struggle

I believe this one may be the one I've waffled over the most, considering I'm a big fan of Cervantes tracks across the series, and he doesn't really have a stage, and this is Maxi's really, but since they're sharing it, much like they shared a stage in SoulCalibur II, I settled for this. When the first DLC music came out, I started off using Bravely Folk Song, then I swapped it for Sail Over the Storm then I swapped it for Leaving the World Behind, then I swapped it for No Regrets, before finally landing here. I'll probably change it again if/when we get SoulCalibur IV and SoulCalibur V music.

Snow-Capped Showdown - The Nameless Ordeal

This is another track that I just love to death, one of the best SoulCalibur VI has to offer, and likely has a permanent home here on this stage, where it belongs. Say what you will of Grøh, his final boss music is pretty spectacular, and makes any battle fought here feel like world-altering. No matter how cool The Lionhearted is, it just can't stack up.

Sunken Desert Ruins - Beyond the Horizon -Arrange-

I've tried a few different tracks here, from Fortune Favors the Brave, a pretty great track in its own right, to Horangi Arirang, representing Hwang, who ought to rule this stage, to Maze of the Blade, perhaps the most Egyptian track to date, before coming back to the Silk Road Ruin, representing Hwang and Aeon both, it's pretty fitting.

Cursed Moonlit Woods - Moon of Oblivion

Oh, how much I want this to be Dance of the Oracle instead! Twice now they've teased us with that track, but still, if we can't have it, the stage's default stage theme was one of my favorites from the get-go, to the point it really pains me to try and replace it. It's too good, and nothing else really -fits- as well, to feel the overall atmosphere of the stage.

Replica Kaer Morhen - Eye to Eye, Blade to Blade

I let this one lie with Hunt or Be Hunted for a while, but after an even longer while, that chanting just started to grind on my nerves, so I felt like it needed replacing. Mi-na's theme from SoulCalibur had the same feeling, to my ears anyway, so I replaced it, and it still feels pretty natural to the stage, in my opinion.

City Ruins: Eternal Apocalpyse - The Evil Moon

Same here, I was just letting it be City Ruins, out of respect, but one day, I had an odd realization about this stage... its geometry is practically identical to the Ling Sheng-Su Temple Ruins from SoulCalibur III! Once I had seen it, I had to try the theme music from it, and it works almost eerily too well. Give it a try! (And have fun trying to unsee the stage, once you see it.)

Shrine of Eurydice: Sword of the Patriot (Would like to switch this to Afterglow~ A Silent Prayer)

Cursed Moonlit Woods: Hubris (Would switch this to Dance of the Oracle)

Ostrheinsburg Castle: Raise Thy Sword (Would probably switch this to Destiny Will Tell)

Sunken Desert Ruins: Maze of the Blade (May change in the future)

Indian Port: Bravely Folk Song (May keep the same)

Windswept Plains: Pure Breeze (May switch in the future)

Astral Chaos: Through Molten Caves (Would like to use Thanatos)

Kunpaetku Temple: Blind Loyalty (May change to something else in the future)

Master Swordsman’s Grave: Chasing Downstream (Might switch this to a new theme should the SCIV-V tracks make their way through)

Snow-Capped Showdown: Ephemeral Dream (Probably staying the same)

The guests stages I have left alone.

Shrine of Eurydice
Unwavering Resolve. Other than the fact I'm not a fan of the normal music for the stage, I generally see this as Cass and Sophi's stage, and since it was one of their themes, (can't remember which though) I thought it fit quite well. If i was to switch it up, I'd probably go for Immaculate pledge

Ostreinsburg:
City Ruins. Actually, I quite like Darkest Shadow as a track, it's one of my favourite new tracks, I just personally thought that city ruins sounds much more dramatic and epic. Even though it's a remix, I really like the track.

Sunken Desert Ruins:
Who Dare Tread, because I really quite like the song. It fits the stage and I've always thought it was one of the best tracks in the game. As much as I like it and how awesome I thought Zas and Kilik were on the stage, I'm gonna have to switch it for Indomitable warrior first chance I get.

Windswept Plains:
Pure Breeze. It can't not be. To the wind has nothing on this IMO.

Indian Port:
No Regrets. I felt like I had to have some sort of pirate theme, but I never really liked many of them. It'd feel a bit wrong to not have one, but I kinda want to switch it. Any reccomendations? I was thinking maybe twighlight dwellers, but I don't really know. It sounds like thematically fits enough to me.

Kunpaetku Temple:
Darkest Shadow, cause it had to go somewhere, and Diabolus amalgam is just a trash remix IMHO. I want to like it but I can't bring myself to.

Master Swordsman's Cave:
Fearless Eyes. Don't really know why actaully. I thought that the pacing was quite good with the Stage and I really do not like it's original. So much so I actually forgot its name.

Cursed Moonlit Woods:
Down and out one of the best tracks in the game. I had to keep Moon of Oblivion. I like it a lot. If we get the SCV music, I want to experiment with Midnight Mystique, Dance of the Oracle, Sleepless: An Untamed Beast or Wandering Seer. Either way, this is still one of my favourite stages, along with one of my favourite tracks. I'm More than happy to keep it as it is. I'm allowed to mourn Zwei. T_T

Kaer Morhen:
Brave Sword, Braver Soul. I don't really know, I feel like it fits quite well, but otherwise I don't really have much of an excuse other than I like the track. I guess I could give it Sleepless?

City Ruins:
I don't play on this stage, so it's still default. Playing on this stage punches me in mah immersion.

Astral Chaos:
Lineage of Destiny, because I like to come up with backstories for my CaS, so it fits thematically with a lot of my CaS for this reason. I might switch it for one of Algol's themes, but It's likely going to stay the same.

Shrine of Eurydice: Forsaken Sanctuary
While one of Sophitia’s or Cassandra’s themes would be more appropriate, I enjoy this theme more.

Ostrheinsburg Castle: Darkest Shadow
I find this to be one of my favorites of VI’s ost.

Windswept Plains: Destiny Awaits No One
Among my favorites of II and, as this is the most Talim-esque stage in the game, I’ve always associated this theme with Talim (blame the stage bio).

Astral Chaos: If There Were Any Other Way
This was done solely so I could fight Inferno to this theme in legendary arcade.

Kunpaetku Temple: Call of the Ancients
This isn’t very thematically appropriate and I only chose it due to liking the theme.

Master Swordsman’s Cave: Sword of the Patriot
For some odd reason I find this fitting.

Indian Port: No Regrets
My favorite of the pirate themes.

Snow-Capped Showdown: Ephemeral Dream
I think Innocent Vision would work better, but this will work for now.

Sunken Desert Ruins: Through Molten Caves
I’ve come to associate the stage with Yoshimitsu and the song reminds me of him.

Cursed Moonlight Wilderness: Moon of Oblivion
Same reasoning as Ostrheinsburg.

Replica Kaer Morhen: Duelists
Someone in another thread suggested it and I don’t care enough about the stage to change it.

City Ruins: City Ruins
I actually bought Nier: Automata due to the soundtrack, so the theme stays (I would have preferred A Beautiful Song or Song of the Ancients getting a remix).

Stages SOUL EDGE /
SOULCALIBUR
SOULCALIBUR II SOULCALIBUR IIISOULCALIBUR IV SOULCALIBUR V
Astral Chaos: Tide of the Damned Adorned with Evil
Cursed Moonlit WoodsThe Evil MoonLost in the MirageBlood Thirst Concerto
Indian Port: Impending Storm Dragon's Call Eternal StruggleHalcyon Harbor
Kunpaetku Temple: Serpentine Banquet Sweet Illusion Blind Loyalty Chainless Disaster
Master Swordman's Cave: Azure Horizon Kkaduri Water DanceSamsara- The Wheel of Eternity
Ostrheinsburg Castle: Hall of the Chosen In the Name of Father Confrontation Reign of DoomAmid the Pure Insanity
Shrine of Eurydice: Cloud SanctuaryGathering ~Destiny Beckons~ Fearless EyesWings of Sorrow
Snow-capped Showdown Brave Sword,
Braver Soul
Glacial Colosseum
Sunken Desert Ruins Horangi Arirang HubrisTread Ye the Path of Bravery
Windswept Plains Recollect ContinentGuided by Wind To the Wind
City Ruins: Eternal ApocalypseSleepless- An Untamed Beast
Replica Kaer MorhenLeaving the World BehindEndless Warfare Valiant Heart Daybreaker
*I added some songs from SC IV & V as well.

Last edited:
Back