What are your personal weaknesses playing Voldo?

Sporko

Big Gimpin
What are your bad habits? What are the things you do too much or don't do nearly enough?

for me, personally

-I don't use 2K after BS 1A

-I use CR A+B too much. As a result I've gotten good at using it when it *will* help me but I still use it too often when it won't help me. I've programmed it to muscle memory and sometimes when I'm at a loss for what else to do, it just pops out seemingly on its own.

-I don't use SCC. I know how to do it, but since I'm not terribly familiar with using it practically, and I hate trying stuff I'm uncomfortable with while *in* a match, I just don't tend to use it and thus miss out on a lot of high and/or free damage combos.

-I underuse BS 3B but I'm getting better at that so I think I can cross it off this list soon

-I can't do the 6:6B JF. At least, I can't do it on a PS3 pad (oddly enough, I can do the move more easily on a 360 pad, even though that pad is worse for EVERYTHING else)

-I am very, very bad at killing step.

What are your personal weaknesses playing Vold

I use the A+K evades to much...Especially(spelled wrong) mystery dance.

I sometimes accidently mystery dance when I'm really trying to sidestep/punish with 2A+BCR combo's.

Why..why...why....WHY did they give Voldo Mystery Dance, the NO-ARGUMENT, WORST MOVE IN THE GAME, and have it actually interfere with a very useful Voldo Strategy?

Voldo's sidestep is horrible, I'm so used to running all over the place with Raphael that it can be weird to go back to Voldo.

I don't know good ways to get into BS alot. I try the CH 6BB when I can, FC 3B, and 1(K), but that's about it.

I don't do my mantis crawl/superwyrm shifts constantly like I should.

I misjudge his range often and whiff, but I think that has more to do with my opponent, Zehrinthayl, he's a master at spacing with seig...

I need to stop rushing once i down an opponent, need to remember 2k to wake them up instead of guessing mixup >_<

I push buttons even when my brain tells me its a bad idea

and I do 3B instead of 236B when tourneys are on the line

by the way, Tim, I noticed something while watching one of our match vids. You've done a combo on me a few times (not all on video) of CH BS B+K, 2A+B SCC, 2A+B CR B

You can add facing forward A+B after the CH BS B+K and before the first 2A+B for extra damage.

Edit: woops

I'm sorry, my bad, I had a dyslexic moment when I typed this.

the A+B comes after the first CH 2A+B~CR SCC, not before the first A+B

Hopefully somebody more familiar with it will post a more indepth answer later, but apparently Voldo can instantaneously end a taunt by pressing G. This means you can interrupt some other animation with a taunt and instantly recover by pressing G. It can fake people out or in some instances get you an extra hit or two in a combo. SCC stands for soul charge cancel

aaaahhhh.....ok.

My biggest weakness is that I throw out 3B as a follow up to almost everything. gets blocked more than I get punished for it but it makes me look like a spammin noob when I dont mean to

66 A+B,k way too often, and can't pull 6:6B every time i want.

When I punish with 6:6B or hit my opponent with A+B, I sometimes do 6:6B as a direct followup instead of 66B :|
Also, for some reason, I don't do 2K after BS 1A.

My biggest weakness is I am pathetic poor and I don't have time&money go around againest other region's good players XDDDD, so I never get better.

One problem that I seem to do, is when I am getting up from a move that recovers on the ground, trying to execute a standing move to make me stand up. Like if I am lying face down, head away, I will try to get up with A+B, hoping that I get the BS auto-GI attack, but I just get a WR A, or I get hit by their oki because I didn't get the auto-GI that I wanted.

Is there a way to get up from the ground with standing moves before you actually stand up?

Another thing, is trying to punish a blocked attack with something like 236+B and getting 3B, or 6B. This also happens with 236A+B, but I will mostly get a 6A instead. I know this is just me executing too soon, but it can be quite annoying when you know that the proper move would have hit.

I also have a tendancy to do BS 1A after 1[K] if the 1[K] is blocked. I love the tech crouch frames of BS 1A, but sometimes I give it too much credit. It still loses to 3B and the like. So many times, I realized that a BS 2A or 2K would be a more viable approach at interrupting, but then you see just how vulnerable you are.

For me, I probably use the move 2A+B, 236 K or B too much, which is definately bad against experienced players. Also, I tend to use 1[K] at inappropriate times, which launches an instant can of ownage into my face DX.

MY Voldo has no weakness.

I do like to BT Throw when I Shouldn't. MOstly when I dont know what else to do.

I've learned to switch my BS A+B AGI to regualr Gi's. Homies be 2K-ing me and shit.

BS JI into CH BS B+K combos is that shit.

Oh everyone needs to learn to use BS FC 3B. His best move at high level play.

If it's possible to whore 2A+B and all it's variations too much, then that's easily one of my biggest flaws. That SCC is liquid sex in a golden can, and I'm addicted :'(. Also do 22A+B by accident from time to time when trying to do 2A+B.

Back