What CE is the best(Gameplay wise)

I'm still upset the thread I set up earlier specifically for referencing in the future was deleted and has stopped me from contributing to this thread.

I do recall seeing a video about the Tira CE drop glitch which resulted in gameplay being slowed down significantly.

I think Mitsurugi's bears mention on utility alone. You can tack it on to pretty much half his moveset, it combos into itself, RO, W!, and scoops enemies off the ground. There are a lot of moves in the game that hit grounded, and a lot that RO/W!. There are not a lot of moves that can RO/W! FROM the ground. It also catches all rolls on wakeup; so you can knock people down near the ring edge, and when they roll to avoid RO...

It might not be the very best in the game (I mean, come on. 8 frames. 8.) But it's easily top three material. See Cervantes/aPat. Damage isn't everything (not that 60 + clean hit is nothing).

I think Nightmare's is worse than most just because of how punishable it is. It's a bigger risk than anyone else takes, for basically the same reward (you aren't hitting anyone with the non-GI version, sorry) plus, I'm pretty sure he's the only one that can't combo into his CE at all whatsoever since he just stands there like an idiot for a thousand or so frames (maybe Damp? lol). Xiba's is much better.

I'm with Ring on how bad the throws are, especially considering the characters that got them. People are already watching for throws against Ivy and Astaroth anyway, and the fact that you can randomly TC under them half the time doesn't help. If you land them they're good, but... so is every garbage unblockable in the game.

Viola's is just sad. You can tell what the developer was trying to do, but I just don't think it's worth it. It should do 40 or so damage and still trap them. Or something.

Tira's just randomly drops at tip range, doesn't it? I don't play against a lot of Tiras in the post patch world (everybody 'round here that played her even a little bit seems to have dropped her...) but I swear I heard somebody complain about it.

Best CEs in my opinion (in no real order)-

Cervantes
aPat
Mitsu
Ely
Xiba
Mitsurugis is good but maybe not top 5 material. Viola's is maybe the best in the game. Its the only one that can actually trap the opponent while they are guarding so you can walk around for different side of edge, you can get the best mixups in the game from it, you can get 220+ damage if it hits without a wall, it can hit grounded and midair. Its AMAZING. Nightmare's is good for aGI and if itbon CH, or a midair opponent, it does HUGE damage plus a chance for Clean Hit, and yes Nightmare's can be use in a few combos. Dampierre's only off of aGI midair opponent with CE, w! with it, and then full CE animation + damage lol.

I'm surprised at how many people are saying Pyrrha Omega, I found it pretty slow from my experience.
My favourite would probably be aPat's for its incredible success rate and punishing abilities.

Nightmare's is good for aGI and if it's on CH, or a midair opponent, it does HUGE damage plus a chance for Clean Hit, and yes Nightmare's can be used in a few combos.
doubletake.gif

Do tell.

i think nightmares would be hilarious if you could combo them from a high wall splat fully charged or something
im bias so it alpha pats as the best for me
utility is too good of course being i8 it also has alot of invincibility
i mash it out sometimes is what it is

its good for those inevitable times in a match where both of yall at low health then the opponent has to be extra wary cause the first itme they decide to whiff or throw out the slightest unsafe move then they will be punished
even punishes some peoples bb which is laughable

What does Viola's even do? It just hits them seven times and does 0 damage...

It's meant to be used to extend combos and provide set-ups. For instance, after using WO 2A+B to slam your opponent into the ground, you can use CE to hit them and go from there. It's not as useless as many people think it is, but generally it's not worth doing because she has very strong BEs.

Anyway, some of the best CEs:

Elysium - You can combo into this from an incredible amount of moves. I especially love it when Elysium mimics Viola, because NO A+G combos into it and does 96 damage due to your opponent being backturned!

Patroklos - Huge damage, easy to combo into, solid punisher and good chance of RO.

Alpha Patroklos - i8, so can punish lots of things that would otherwise be safe on block.

Honourable mentions include Hilde (huge damage and range = hella awesome whiff punisher + can be comboed into), Natsu (you can combo into her air grab afterwards for huge damage) and Yoshimitsu (low hitting, huge damage, great advancing range etc.)

I'm with Ring on how bad the throws are, especially considering the characters that got them. People are already watching for throws against Ivy and Astaroth anyway, and the fact that you can randomly TC under them half the time doesn't help. If you land them they're good, but... so is every garbage unblockable in the game.

That's not the case anymore. Ivy's and especially Asta's Critical Edges are now among the best in the game. The patch made them much faster and they are not reactable anymore.It's basically a mixup now.

Right now the best CE in the game imo are:

Alpha Pat
Viola
Asta + Ivy
Elysium

I'm surprised at how many people are saying Pyrrha Omega, I found it pretty slow from my experience.
My favourite would probably be aPat's for its incredible success rate and punishing abilities.
Pyrrha Omega's can do up to 90 damage, can hit midair(can be done twice), midairOTG(can be done twice), i13, great range, not as unsafe on block as some others, and awesome looking.

Right now the best CE in the game imo are:
Elysium
I would argue that Algol's is better than Elysium's for the following reasons:
-Algol's is faster. At i17, it can punish things that Elysium's i19 CE cannot, such as Pyrrha's stab.
-Optional followup for extra damage (although it's a waste of meter it can seal you a match.)
-Ringout potential by doing first level of the CE, then comboing 4BA will ring out forwards.
-Only slightly less damage when one bar is used compared to Elysium's (CE1 → 4BA → QI A+BB is only about 10 less than Elysium's 88 damage CE). He also gains back more meter than Elysium does and he can choose between 623B or QI A+BB for better meter gain at less damage or more damage plus a position switch.
-Algol's is safer framewise (-18 compared to Elysium's, which is somewhere around -22 or so). Elysium's does have pushback to its advantage, though.

Elysium's does have pushback to its advantage, though.
Thats a win for Elysium automatically. Pyrrha Omega can DNS B:4 for over 80 damage if Algol's CE is blocked or 100 damage if Ivy does her CE. Elysium's can barely be punished. Even when JG'ed.

Also, if any of you people don't mind, can you make a full ranked list of all of the CE's in the game so people know where their character's CE stands. Here is mine. Feel free to comment and critisize.
1: Viola(Block pressure/mixups, positioning change possibility, possible damage(200+), pulls in opponent, can hit midair, and OTG.)
2: a Patroklos(i8(Fastest attack in game), ok damage, good range, can hit midair, good combo ender, decent whiff punisher.)
3: Elysium(Hit ANYWHERE(Can't whiff(Including BT'ed)), Great damage, great combo ender, great whiff punisher, can hit OTG, and midair, decent midair RO possibilities, hard to punish because of pushback)
4: Cervantes, Algol
6: Nightmare, Ivy, Astaroth
9 Pyrrha Ω, Ezio
11: Mitsurugi, Xiba
13: Patroklos, Hilde
15: Siegfried, Yoshimitsu
17: Voldo, Tira, Natsu, Leixia, Pyrrha
22: Maxi, Dampierre, Raphael
25: Z.W.E.I., Devil Jin
27: Aeon(ok range, really punishable, weak, glitchy, can self-ro, and does shit vs OTG)
Some are a bit off for sure but tell me where I went wrong if you think you know. Thanks!

Thats a win for Elysium automatically. Pyrrha Omega can DNS B:4 for over 80 damage if Algol's CE is blocked or 100 damage if Ivy does her CE. Elysium's can barely be punished. Even when JG'ed.
That's why you combo into it or use it as a punish. Besides, I've tested it and Omega Pyrrha can CE punish Elysium's CE for 90 damage. Algol's is superior in virtually every regard.

Debating about the best CE's in the game is rather pointless when the CE and tools to apply said CE are limited to the character anyway.

But another fact about Elysium's CE is that it has the ability to tech trap from any distance, and has a TC. It also TJs, but that's almost never a factor except in long range lulz against Siegfried's CE or Viola low orb callback.

Also, if any of you people don't mind, can you make a full ranked list of all of the CE's in the game so people know where their character's CE stands. Here is mine. Feel free to comment and critisize.
1: Viola(Block pressure/mixups, positioning change possibility, possible damage(200+), pulls in opponent, can hit midair, and OTG.)
2: a Patroklos(i8(Fastest attack in game), ok damage, good range, can hit midair, good combo ender, decent whiff punisher.)
3: Elysium(Hit ANYWHERE(Including BT'ed), Great damage, great combo ender, great whiff punisher, can hit OTG, and midair, decent midair RO possibilities, hard to punish because of pushback)
4: Cervantes, Algol
6: Nightmare, Ivy, Astaroth
9 Pyrrha Ω, Ezio
11: Mitsurugi, Xiba
13: Patroklos, Hilde
15: Siegfried, Yoshimitsu
17: Voldo, Tira, Natsu, Leixia,Pyrrha
22: Maxi, Dampierre
24: Z.W.E.I.
25: Devil Jin
26: Aeon
27: Raphael
Some are a bit off for sure but tell me where I went wrong if you think you know. Thanks!
I can see use for Raph, Aeon, and Zwei CE's. Even if it's mostly just combo fodder. I'm curious as to why voldo's is higher though when i cant ever see a time i'd want to use his CE over BE's. Noting that i suck with voldo.

Back