What is your favorite version of Talim?

CrazyYoshimitsu

[10] Knight
Ok, I'm going to change things up a bit. Instead of going by what made her good/bad. I'm going to throw character design, Va, and last but not least which version of talim was the most fun for you.

My pick is SC4 Talim.

Why? Well aside from being very unsafe, and blah, blah, blah she has a lots of cool translations into her stances. Which with better frames could have made her very deadly. Also the character design for this one is perfect in my opinion. First outfit has a good SC2 feel, and the kitty outfit fits her of persona perfectly.

Any other opinions?

Thumbs up for something new and different. :D

Totally agree with your opinion on Talim's playstyle in SC4, even when SC2 Talim was deadlier. SC4 Talim's just more fun for me (maybe it's the challenge?) I don't think Namco has a solid direction for her, judging from her changes through the generations, but I guess she's on the right track now- at least for me.

Talim's designs' must be kinda hard for the artists. If you've seen her concept arts from SC2, then you'll probably notice her SC3 and 4 outfits were bits and pieces taken from back in SC2. It doesn't mean they looked bad, though the hat and the see-through pants did make me question what Namco was thinking... It just wasn't very 'Talim' for me :p My fav outfits are probably SC2's P1 and 3, SC3's P1 and SC4's P1 (minus the hat!!)

I can't say I like SC4 Talim's 2nd Player outfit... It was more like an "I don't know what else to give her so I will give her a joke outfit" attempt (it's still better off than Amy or Rock, etc though)... Thinking back, her kitty outfit looked all right in the concept art, something must have gone wrong with the rendering?

What about her dialogue? SC4's lines were pretty much spot-on for me.

I'd say I liked her 1P outfit from SC3 all except for her hairstyle. And I agree with MasudSabr about the 2P outfit from this game. If she didn't have the kitten paws on her hands and feet it would at least be tolerable for me. thankfully you can customize her in SC4 though. Her 1P outfit in Sc4 is good without the hat.

As for playstyle, I think SC4s version of Talim is the most fun, but since I didn't play SC2 or SC3s versions in depth I'm kind of biased in this view.

Dialogue I'm gonna go with SC2. It was in fact her dialogue that helped seal the deal for me picking her up as my favorite character. I played against my friend who was undefeated in SC2 at this point and he would always beat my Xianghua. So I picked Talim to try someone new and completely ran over him. After the fight Talim says "My heart is still pounding" and held her weapons. I thought it was the funniest line to say after whoopin' someone's ass like that.

If were talking lines, then I'll go with SC2 also. Her lines in that gamee made her my favorite character because the ysounded so cute to me in a way. Now I hope we can get better frames and dmg buffer in SC5 to at least make Talim high tier.

Speaking of Talim, is it just me or ,from let's say SCII to SCIV, did she become more younger looking and more "loli'er"?

SCIV Talim in her 1P outfit... enough said 83.

I just go with the Talim Namco gives me.

I did like the sound of the voice, dialog and 1P of SCII Talim (for SCIV they changed the JP voice artist).
She seemed cuter then.

But it looks like with SCIV Namco went for a more realistic character look as opposed to an anime look.

i like talims hat in SC4....but anyway i like Talim in SC4 in everyway...even though i miss hearing "STRIKE!" everytime i punch sumone in the face

i like talims hat in SC4....but anyway i like Talim in SC4 in everyway...even though i miss hearing "STRIKE!" everytime i punch sumone in the face

Haha, yes. I do miss that. Oh well, I guess having her tell Yun-Seong "No! It's not okay!!" before fire-punching him will have to do in the meantime.

Found something weird/interesting some time ago...

When I did the UB B+K, she said 「だめ」, which translate as "Don't!"... but the best bit was when I canceled the UB, I was sure she said 「よく分かりません」, which means "(I) don't understand"...

I've never heard her say these two lines when I use that move before and I can't get her to say it again. I thought it was kind of funny coz it's like she's telling the player "I don't get it, why would you cancel it?"... Has anyone had this before? Do you know what the conditions are for her to say 'em? Coz I'd love to hear her say that again hahaha

ps. I don't know what she says instead in English voices :T

She only says that vs. Yun-Seong actually. When you switch it to English she says "No-- You're wrong."

Her taunt is also different to him and maybe Mi-na's and vice versa. Her taunt to him is saying she's sorry (in English the context she says it in is TOTALLY wrong. Sorry, that just bugs me but anyway), but I'm not sure what it usually is. This is same for other character's like Sieg and NM. Sieg's taunt is "I'll crush you!" to only NM.

EDIT: Oh yeah and my favourite version is, gameplay wise SCIV Talim mainly because it's the game I started taking seriously. The other ones I played really casually... I didnt even know how to use her stances. xD In terms of looks, IV and II, bleh I really didnt like her costume in III. I liked her lines and voices for both Jap and Eng in SCII the most though.

Eeeh. So I must have been playing you then hahaha
I still kinda find it funny: Talim paying out the player.

We'll need to play again but with English voices this time lol (her Eng voice bugs me so much though...)

Probably... I always use Talim when you do though. Oh well. I like it how their lines change versus different characters, I wish they did it more often.

Everyone's story is non-existent.

Probably wouldnt be if Namco remembered there's a storyline. I'm sure a lot of people here don't care much for it though. Oh oops on topic, I realised she doesnt say "No, you're wrong" she says "No, it's not okay." to Yun as ZeroEffect317 said before. My bad.

... The post was right there.

Oops. hahaha So... we just have to figure out what she says when you cancel it?
It'd probably be lame like "I don't understand!"... I seriously have to turn on the Eng voices to see what she says.

Looks: a tie between SC2 Talim's 1P and SC4 Talim's 1P. It just seems attractive.

Gameplay: SC2, seemed more fun to me, with SC4 being a close second.

Dialog: No real preference

damn just watched a video on SC2 talim....i wish had that game again, i would love to try that version seriously...

Back