What moves are classified as stabs and thrusts?

FallenAngelII

[09] Warrior
Sorry for spamming the forum with threads, but these are questions I've wanted to ask for a while but never gotten around to.

Anyway, aGI moves often do not aGI all types of moves, often, specifying things like "Mids", "Horizontals", etc. Sometimes, they specify whether the aGI move will aGI "Thrusts" or "Stabs". As some of these moves seem to be less obvious than others, it'd be nice to get a list of which moves count as which, unless there's way too many of them.

Obvious stabs would be the Pyrrha's AS/NS B's. I'm assuming Leixia's 6B is a thrust.

Which GI's are you speaking of?
Leixia (4A+B, 44B+K,22_88B+K), Pyrrha (A+B), Pyrrha Omega (A+B), Patroklos (A+B), Raphael (8A+B), Tira (GS B+K/GS BT B+K), Maxi (Every single stance B+K, though they aGI's stabs, they already aGI's Horizontals and Verticals, so it's for those pesky low stabs, I guess), Hilde (3A/3[A]), Cervantes (B+K), Yoshimitsu (IND A+B).

I'm guessing it's the moves that come straight at the opponent rather than swipe them. Voldo's 66B and Asta's 6B counts as thrusts for example.

We really should test moves out to check whether or not they're stabs or thrusts. The Wiki should specify that so that people don't have to individually try to figure it out. Seeing as how quite a few characters have aGI's that work/don't work against thrusts and/or stabs, I think quite a few people would have some use of a comprehensive list pointing out which moves are thrusts and which moves are stabs.

Aeon's wiki now has "Thrust" in the notes section for all relevant attacks.
"Now" as in "Just recently" or actually "I went ahead and added that info in response to this thread"? Because the 2nd option would be pretty cool. I'll probably sit down sometime later today (Sunday) and check out a few characters movesets, starting with Leixia herself.

Back