what's so good about 4B+K ?

tresto

[09] Warrior
Hi,

I've been looking at the Soph forum, and everyone seems to list 4B+K as being awesome.
What's with this move ? I don't use it yet ; never struck me as having anything special.

Thanks for your input

But apart from that is it like an ordinary safe poke ? (well, with TC which is nice)

Reasonably fast, safe, tech crouching, mid that eats SG for breakfast.

That's about it. I don't know what else there is to say.

Pretty much what they said. It's a fairly fast TC, it RO's, it's safe, does good SG damage, and covers a bit of step.

Most of the posts in the forum about 4B+K were set in a time(pre-patch) when sophie had a very strong CF game and 4B+K played the lead role. Now it's just your run of the mill good move. The other bonus that I didn't see mentioned yet, although it's a large part of the safety, is that is pushes out a lot on block.

thanks for the info i'll try to include it in my game then, seems nice !
and safe !!

Glad to see 4B+K is getting some appreciation. Playing as Sophie last night reminded me just how awesome this move is.

how's this move compared to 6B?

which is faster?
6B is i17 up close and can lose a frame or two before it gets to max range.

4B+K is i20.

6B is 0 on hit and significantly worse on block(-12 vs -6) has a pitiful TC by comparison(starts later, ends prematurely, doesnt last very long) and breaks the soul guage in 15 hits where 4B+K does it in 10. 6B is slightly faster and has better range.

I don't think the two moves are meant for the same purpose, 6B functions better as a ranged poke where 4B+K is your close range reliable TC mid and as Doc said one of the better RO/Wallsplat options.

Back