What's your take on the Sexy Knight?

Synraii

[14] Master
Post up your own individual style of play for Siegfried here:
It'll be good to compare and might give newbies a few ideas, who knows?

Myself:
I play a primarily defensive Siegfried, I default to playing keeping at range. I do this because it makes my opponent think I'm a defensive player and so they tend to risk more against me getting in, then play safe - which makes them easy to read. Little do they know it's a cunning ploy... (heh heh heh)
My specialty is stance roulette and rushdown, so it really fucks with my opponents head to freely interchange between playing smart spacing then at a whim, charging them down.
I also spam iag:A, though for a Siegfried player, I'm pretty light on throws :/
Aside from iag:A I try to avoid focusing on a few key moves as I prefer to adapt myself mid fight against my opponents individual quirks, giving me a slightly different Siegfried every time - eg: I may be SBH heavy against a certain Zas or never use stance at all against some kilik. I think of every fight as a two part process:
1: Watch my opponents favoured options
2: Kill them for it next time.

What about the rest of you?

I often use & often land Sig's most underrated & underestimated moves.
*cough* SRSH A *cough*

hmm...im really gonna have to think about the way i play before i can post how i do things...i've honestly never thought about me when im fighting. i just think about the other guy, and what he's doing lol so i guess thats something.

Um. I just want MANfried inside my nookie. :D Just sayin.

But on a serious note, I believe Siggy should stay how he is. I love fighting him and I love occasionally using him. When I play Slayer I usually see alot of SRSH A and a good amount 3b. (probably because I use Talim and Zas. lol ) Anyway. I dont understand what I should post more in this thread. But there ya have it.

I really have no idea. Siegfried has lately become one of my favorites, like since about less than a year when I picked up SoulBlade and downloaded EPSXE. But i've never really had a strategy... I just see what the oponent does and deal with him. But if I had to describe my style, i'd say I'm not much deffensive.

"Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee." is an understatement. "Float excessively like a butterfly and sting like a Queen bee" is the best.......wait that was so homo....But in any case, I myself am a stylish passive aggressive player. Although I use Yoshi, I have similarities to the sexy knight when comes to say....stance dancing? BTW Slayer, we should totally do that stance madness again next time we meet online! xD

When I play Slayer I usually see alot of SRSH A.

Slayer - sandbagging, much?

I think I might be one of the few Siegfrieds that actually concentrates on Soul Gauge damage. He's got a lot of great options for damaging Soul Gauge, in and out of stance. Not to say I often get Critical Finishes, but having a flashing Soul Gauge causes people to make a lot of stupid mistakes, I find.

Other than that, I use stance roulette when I can, and after that I just gamble with what I do. I do lots of tech crouching moves when I'm at negative - just looking to evade those highs - and I'll sometimes poke with 44K, 44A, 44B - weird stuff that doesn't seem smart at all on paper, but works surprisingly well in the match. I've been trying to emulate Slayer's 3A and 2A whoring, and I seem to be getting a hang of those moves pretty well - they're excellent tools.

EDIT: Oh yeah - I probably throw more than any other Siegfried I've watched. This carries over a bit to my Raphael and Zasalamel, too, but Siegfried's longer grab range allows me to do it much more often. Also, FC A+G_B+G are awesome.

I think I might be one of the few Siegfrieds that actually concentrates on Soul Gauge damage. He's got a lot of great options for damaging Soul Gauge, in and out of stance. Not to say I often get Critical Finishes, but having a flashing Soul Gauge causes people to make a lot of stupid mistakes, I find.

Other than that, I use stance roulette when I can, and after that I just gamble with what I do. I do lots of tech crouching moves when I'm at negative - just looking to evade those highs - and I'll sometimes poke with 44K, 44A, 44B - weird stuff that doesn't seem smart at all on paper, but works surprisingly well in the match. I've been trying to emulate Slayer's 3A and 2A whoring, and I seem to be getting a hang of those moves pretty well - they're excellent tools.

Oh emm gee! Your avatar just turned me on...

EDIT: Oh yeah - I probably throw more than any other Siegfried I've watched. This carries over a bit to my Raphael and Zasalamel, too, but Siegfried's longer grab range allows me to do it much more often. Also, FC A+G_B+G are awesome.

I am so jealous of Siggy's grab range. It's gigantic. But what's weird is I want it to stay that way. Most online players that dont use lag tactics and need there opponent to duck more use his grabs. That's kinda important for fighting characters like Taki and Talim so they can hesitate and you can do like 6k or 6a or even ag:A.

(Forgive me if I sound stupid. I'm trying to be active in the siggy SA, cause i'm considering him in SCIV and SCV. and if he looks like Heatons avvie... I would probably make a device that brings video game characters to life so I can engage in... maining him for tournaments! :D )

I apologize ahead for double posting, but I don't know where else to post what Im about to post, which is something I did lately online & I feel like bragging about it a little bit. Since I never do brag about anything anyway, it might be fair.. but what I did was awesome, here it goes.. ^_^

I made my 30th Critical Finish. Vs a goood player using Nightmare, the connection was good enough that GI-ing was as easy as offline for both of us. Anyway, I'll just write what happened:
We were at stage with two high fence that falls-&-becomes-floor if wall slapped. Last round, I had Orange+Red SG, he had Red SG. One wall had already fallen by the 2nd round (the match lasted 5 rounds), I was on the no-wall side, he was pushing me out mixing up while I was guarding. He puts me close enough to right side edge, where an agA of his could Ring me Out. He does agA & agA!! I guard the 1st agA then I B+K'GI his 2nd agA then I SBH'B & Soul Crushed him! Boom! CF!!! Lol.

Heheheh, that was the best CF Ive performed so far. And I think its a first timer, ooyea :P

That's all, I just wanted to share that ^_^

Edit: Btw, it was GGs between us & he took the CF good. He then beaten me with Rock soo bad that I felt stupid & annoyed lol. He got his revenge ;)

Here's a question:
At range, Who whores B6 rather than 3(B) - I use 3(B), everybody else?

Here's a question:
At range, Who whores B6 rather than 3(B) - I use 3(B), everybody else?

Back