When did input lag become a thing?

Tha_Shogun

[10] Knight
I haven't played SC online since 5 and in my opinion it was a HUGE step up from SC4 net code but in SC6 every game felt like mud in the beta. Couldnt punish -11 on reaction, difgicukt duccking kilik's 6AAA, etc. So i did a little research and found out Namco has been putting input lag into their games their latest being T7

WAIT WHAT!?

Since when has this been a thing? That type of decision seems to punish reaction based players and reward fast wreckless spam. If this the direction FGs going i might as well stay on Overwatch.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...45475043&ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_highlights

Can anyone shed any light on this and if it isn't to late to try and get this adjusted? The game is amazing but the input lag lowers the skill ceiling.

THE INPUT LAG IS COMING MOSTLY FROM THE CONSOLE ITSELF, PLAYSTATION 4 IN PARTICULAR (BOTH ONLINE/OFFLINE). THE PC VERSION WILL BE NOTICEABLY FASTER.

I haven't played SC online since 5 and in my opinion it was a HUGE step up from SC4 net code but in SC6 every game felt like mud in the beta. Couldnt punish -11 on reaction, difgicukt duccking kilik's 6AAA, etc. So i did a little research and found out Namco has been putting input lag into their games their latest being T7

WAIT WHAT!?

Since when has this been a thing? That type of decision seems to punish reaction based players and reward fast wreckless spam. If this the direction FGs going i might as well stay on Overwatch.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...45475043&ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_highlights

Can anyone shed any light on this and if it isn't to late to try and get this adjusted? The game is amazing but the input lag lowers the skill ceiling.

I ran tests on this on Sunday, and I was able to punish a lot of stuff just by AA and BB with Groh and Siegfried. But I agree the input lag and some bugs made things really tricky.

Great, Playstation still getting the shit end of the stick. First bethesda, now namco. Might have to switch to Xbox for real.

THE INPUT LAG IS COMING MOSTLY FROM THE CONSOLE ITSELF, PLAYSTATION 4 IN PARTICULAR (BOTH ONLINE/OFFLINE). THE PC VERSION WILL BE NOTICEABLY FASTER.

I might just get the pc version. But the stiffest competition plays on ps4 so i dunno

I ran tests on this on Sunday, and I was able to punish a lot of stuff just by AA and BB with Groh and Siegfried. But I agree the input lag and some bugs made things really tricky.

I tried punishing a Taki's KKK spam with an A:6 and she would just spam it again unless i mashed out an A spam myself. Realizing when you are out of stunlock is crucial for A:6 punish but if your behind on frames it makes it difficult..

Latency was horrible on the beta, I hope it was that way because it's a beta. Even with local players (from my city) latency was bad (whereas it was almost impeccable in SCV local online matches).
I remember latency option was even a feature for offline matches in SCV (am I right?). Latency has always been there, but seems stupid to put it online adding there's also a base latency because you're online.

Back