When/why did you decide to "git gud"?

fukou_da_man

[12] Conqueror
I've been playing the series since the beginning, but was "ultra casual scrub" til 5 came out. I made some effort to improve in 4, but ultimately just meh'd since the game was years old at that point. Never played SC1 or 3 since I didn't notice they were even released lol.

Then SCV came out, and I told myself "this time, it'll be different!". So right from the get-go I hit training mode with Cervantes.

Then I found Fahros and lost all progress I had made. These would be the "Dark Ages".

Eventually tho, I ran into a ranked Cervantes player that was outsanding. Everything I wanted my Cerv to be. It was that moment when you're like "I've strayed from the path".

So I was like "DUDE HOW DO" and he sent me a reply with some simple advice and referred me to 8wr. Really nice guy considering how people are online. He's pretty much the reason I didn't just end up giving up, because I was about to at that point. I ended up at 8wr and I was amazed at all the information that was here. And so many helpful peeps always looking for games.

After that, I did a bunch of random shit trying to improve and now I've come full circle back to my roots. I think my Sieg is improving quite a bit, and soon I shall level up my Cervantes and be gud.

I ended up adding the Cervantes player but I didn't even know who he was til like... a longass time after that and I was watching a stream and saw he was playing and the stream had labeled him as "Hates".

So yeah, thanks Hates lol

Jimbo helped too since he convinced me to go offline.

Share your tales.

I realized things needed to change when I lost to Moist Platypus in an online tournament back in 2012. Went to my first tournament in 2013 and have only been getting better. IRM, Hates, Alex J, Fenris, Jim, and Marginal are the main reasons why I have improved.

I Decided To Get Good At The Game When A Shining Beacon Came Down From The Heavens And The Loli God Appeared Demanding I Become The Rugi God. So I Started To Play Pyrrha. The Loli God Was Flattered But Demanded I Play Rugi Or Be Denied Loli Heaven. She Then Allowed Me To Practice My Face Poke On Her. And Then I Became The Rugi God.

To dream ... the impossible dream ...
To fight ... the unbeatable foe ...
To bear ... with unbearable sorrow ...
To run ... where the brave dare not go ...
To right ... the unrightable wrong ...
To love ... pure and chaste from afar ...
To try ... when your arms are too weary ...
To reach ... the unreachable star ...

This is my quest, to follow that star ...
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far ...
To fight for the right, without question or pause ...
To be willing to march into Hell, for a Heavenly cause ...

And I know if I'll only be true, to this glorious quest,
That my heart will lie will lie peaceful and calm,
when I'm laid to my rest ...
And the world will be better for this:
That one man, scorned and covered with scars,
Still strove, with his last ounce of courage,
To reach ... the unreachable star ...

Last edited:
I started this game out as a champion. Simple as that.

But seriously, I've decided I've wanted to become better after FR I guess. Before that it was just whatever, actually, it still kind of is lol.

The better I become, the less times I have to subject myself to the humiliation of losing to StevenA. That was the sole reason I decided to get good.

The better I become, the less times I have to subject myself to the humiliation of losing to StevenA. That was the sole reason I decided to get good.

Middle Finger.gif

I might as well share since Friday will be my last day on 8wayrun. I never got a chance to attend offline tournaments due to personal reasons, but I know I'd most definitely enjoy it. I'd always daydream how nervous I'd be yet fired up to do my best and have fun. Even to the point where I'm told to stop spacing out by my folks.

Ever since SCIV, I was a simple Yoshimitsu that wanted to be "best of Yoshi of SCIV online" via gamefaqs. Eventually, I discovered 8wayrun back when my older bro ArcadiaZero actually played SC series(I already surpass him though). Soon after he joined, I joined as NamuSkull. From there, I began the colorful text and flaunting of Pocky snack to fit in.

I don't who motivated me to be better for it has been long, but I literally motivated myself to try to get along with my fellow 8wayrunners. In turn, it tied in the drive to at least be a Yoshi fighter worth fighting. Or at the very least a punching bag who won't quit until he gets somewhere with Yoshi....even if I have to struggle.

I'll have to thank @lolo and anyone else who plays him for at least placing high with him for SCIV and SCV. I wanted to go out and make mine known too, but the reality is personal matters take a hold of me. Still, at least I know Yoshi is still a force to be reckoned with. He always does better when you play him a bit risky with mind games imho.

Speaking of mind games, my SCIV Yoshi believe it or not was quite funny yet devious to watch than my SCV Yoshi. If you ask peeps like @The Landslide, @Ooofmatic, @Norik, @lolo basically those who knew me back in SCIV online days, it was Yoshi joke that can be so much more if I went offline more.

^
This man is not lying. I've never laughed harder or more consistently mid-match than when confronted with the wall of crazy BS he would throw around during a match in SC4. Without a doubt the definition of unpredictable, you didn't even finish combos on purpose and sometimes ran away when you were winning or losing, It was the closest I've ever come to playing a fighting game with a crazy person.

I don't think we've ever talked Pocky, but I've definitely seen you around. Can safely say a community takes a blow when a guy like you disappears.

I don't think we've ever talked Pocky, but I've definitely seen you around. Can safely say a community takes a blow when a guy like you disappears.
My love for 8wayrun was unconditional. Therefore, I know we could get along. As long as you weren't someone like @Ishimaru Jinrai. There are others I won't mention for I can see past their flaws of why they're that way, but he probably needs the most work imho.

CATGIRL just needs to man up and participate in major brawls via online and/or offline, refrain from that "I'm always right and others must treat me nice and such" sissy mentality, loosen up from tough guy ego, stick to only one account, stop making excuses, squash old grudges to move on, stop deleting comments meant that are true to everyone but him, and taunting others like some snobbish teacher's pet. In general, I don't think many would be willing to get along with him because he's self-centered with issues. The only thing that idiot can provide, is being laughed at and being a verbal punching bag sadly.

Still an idiot like me wouldn't treat him unfairly. The time he finally lets go of all those flaws, is the time I can truly give him the respect he deserves. Until then, he's but a person with issues that creates alts of himself to feel better against the ever growing enemies he's made.

AQI(AzureQueenIvy and AzureQueenIce) twins may not be CATGIRL, but they're gonna be on the same path if they keep doing what they do.

My love for 8wayrun was unconditional. Therefore, I know we could get along. As long as you weren't someone like @Ishimaru Jinrai. There are others I won't mention for I can see past their flaws of why they're that way, but he probably needs the most work imho.

CATGIRL just needs to man up and participate in major brawls via online and/or offline, refrain from that "I'm always right and others must treat me nice and such" sissy mentality, loosen up from tough guy ego, stick to only one account, stop making excuses, squash old grudges to move on, stop deleting comments meant that are true to everyone but him, and taunting others like some snobbish teacher's pet. In general, I don't think many would be willing to get along with him because he's self-centered with issues. The only thing that idiot can provide, is being laughed at and being a verbal punching bag sadly.

Still an idiot like me wouldn't treat him unfairly. The time he finally lets go of all those flaws, is the time I can truly give him the respect he deserves. Until then, he's but a person with issues that creates alts of himself to feel better against the ever growing enemies he's made.

AQI(AzureQueenIvy and AzureQueenIce) twins may not be CATGIRL, but they're gonna be on the same path if they keep doing what they do.

Lol, Okay, let's highlight your idiocy step by step:

1) Who cares what you think about other people?: Am I supposed to honestly care about the opinion of an online forum-poster who lives 1,000 miles away whom I'll never meet? Honestly... Don't flatter yourself.

2) What exactly have you "accomplished" here as an SC player?: Other than posting on a half dead message board that only has the same 22+ people frequent per day? What have you HONESTLY accomplished? 1 Youtube fight video? Hell you couldn't even get a full friends list on Xbox Live... You could't even get 1 Youtube subscriber... Talk about virtual accomplishments!

3) Why do I need to attend an SC tournament for validation?: We real life people have a thing called a "Job". Besides, the community is ridiculously small, there is nothing gained by participating in a SC5 tournament other than meager enjoyment. I have friends who play video games at my house, why should I travel to battle tournament players who sometimes beg for donations just so they can afford the bus tickets to attend...? How pathetic is that?

4) Growing "Enemies"?: Perhaps you haven't noticed as my friends lists are always full and my very active social life? I'm sorry you deluded yourself into believing this small community counted as a popularity contest, time to log off the computer and go outside.
I never got a chance to attend offline tournaments due to personal reasons,
Let's not sugar coat it, you just didn't have the cash.

I've been to about 6 anime convention tournaments, 3 Call of duty tournaments, and won 1 Halo tournament. I don't require being assimilated by a virtual community for social acceptance like you do Yoshi. That's what real life friends are for. Ciao! =]

Last edited:
Notice She Never "Got Gud" Cause Thats What I Read In That Wall Of Text No One Cares Abouts.

Also, Orange, He's Not As Hilarious As You :3

Back