Where would you put Yoshi on the tier list?

CrazyYoshimitsu

[10] Knight
Ok, check this out I was in a room with some "high level palyer" if you want me to call them that. Anyway, I was using Yoshi, and when I started to say how good Yoshi is and how is almost one of the best freaking character in the game!!! They call him low tier that he doesn't have anything new. I said" New? Dude he got better lows, cobmos, mix ups, and options." Then they got started with calling Yoshi an easy punchingbag. They call him the punchingbag of this game. They said I should just give up on Yoshi. So my question to you guys. Is do you think yosh is low tier or top tier.

Yoshi is definitely a very hard character to play but calling him low-tier is like saying that owls are mammals. Nobody can say that a quick character with such good combos, mindgames and ROs is bad. It's innapropriate.

That guy lacks of knowledge or he just wanted to piss you off.
...or he is just an idiot, it's possible too.

Also just a BTW. I know yosh iis hard to use. And I respect the challenge he has to show to me.

Also on a sidenote: the guy name is Kageuchi if you wanted to know.

1.01 and 1.02 - top tier
1.03 - high-mid tier

Id still put him as top tier in 1.03. I mean really having to do iMCF after after a:b+K isnt that bad and still sets up to more damage, its just tougher to do. i mean in 1.03 if you screw up the iMCF into 2a at least it will hit them back into standing so you it gives you a grab opportunity.

The other bug 44b~a was highly situational on characters and very unsafe if whiffed.

But, from what I've read, 66B no longer works as a combo if you use it after using a:B+K in air. This alone makes most of Yoshi's combos do less damage.

wow really? I guess after a:b+K you probably have to run up to them and start a mixup game from there. Or end with the old favorite and still to many others, 6k. I find the problem with 6k though is people can air control in any direction. I just hope they also didnt bork up the a:b+K ring out properties.

wow really? I guess after a:b+K you probably have to run up to them and start a mixup game from there. Or end with the old favorite and still to many others, 6k. I find the problem with 6k though is people can air control in any direction. I just hope they also didnt bork up the a:b+K ring out properties.

I think the RO properties will still be there.. and like i said i doubt everyone will be teching left as soon as a:B+K hits them in the air everytime...

and CY why the hell are you calling Kaguechi a high level player? hes won no tournaments... is only good with one character... and really wouldnt be shit offline hes just some kid that gets under your skin easy one day your calling him a scrub the next your calling him high level... ? You know yoshi is top tier.... even with this update he's still top tier... people just arent able to play him to his full potential as easily as other characters like the sisters or amy.... but hes def top tier... and you know this already... stop letting that dork get to you ...

I think the RO properties will still be there.. and like i said i doubt everyone will be teching left as soon as a:B+K hits them in the air everytime...

and CY why the hell are you calling Kaguechi a high level player? hes won no tournaments... is only good with one character... and really wouldnt be shit offline hes just some kid that gets under your skin easy one day your calling him a scrub the next your calling him high level... ? You know yoshi is top tier.... even with this update he's still top tier... people just arent able to play him to his full potential as easily as other characters like the sisters or amy.... but hes def top tier... and you know this already... stop letting that dork get to you ...

No, dude I use these "" as a joke. I really don't thin khe good at all. right now, he think he good with Talim. His Talim is so fucking retarded, and the funniest part is that he ring himslef out most of the time doing too much fucking Air sault. And I know yoshi top tier, but he hit me down when he said Yoshi was low tier, and I said he wasn't. I got call a retard for saying he one of the best characters in the game. And then why don't you comboa with Yoshimsitsu cause he go all of these great cobmos. He even went off by a foot and said high level play of Soul calibur is 80% combos. And know I'm stick with fucking Vodlo. He said Vodlo was my chaarcter. It wasn't Algol, Talim, or Yoshimistsu. You guys gotta help. he fuck up my head. And now I don't even know what to think about SC 4 at a high level now.

But, from what I've read, 66B no longer works as a combo if you use it after using a:B+K in air. This alone makes most of Yoshi's combos do less damage.

can anyone prove this for me?
if true, then bamco are bigger idiots than i thought.why are they nerfing all the wrong stuff? any reason behind it?

if hes saying high level sc4 is all about combos, (which it isnt but its a factor) why dont you learn yoshi's combos and show him a thing or two? Why does it matter if you get called a retard for thinking hes one of the best characters in the game? Just cause one guy thinks hes crappy doesnt mean you have to. It's like voldo, some people think he is absolutely insane now. I dont think voldo is insane because I cannot readily go into backstance anymore (and lots of other stuff) and his elbow combos is something I dont practice a lot so less power to me(does a lot of damage). Does that mean Voldo sucks because I don't think hes as good as everyone? Maybe it does, maybe it doesnt. I still play voldo because hes fun but I don't think he is insanely good like others put him to. I mean if you're going to let this get to you; you should at least start to learn yoshi real fast.

if hes saying high level sc4 is all about combos, (which it isnt but its a factor) why dont you learn yoshi's combos and show him a thing or two? Why does it matter if you get called a retard for thinking hes one of the best characters in the game? Just cause one guy thinks hes crappy doesnt mean you have to. It's like voldo, some people think he is absolutely insane now. I dont think voldo is insane because I cannot readily go into backstance anymore (and lots of other stuff) and his elbow combos is something I dont practice a lot so less power to me(does a lot of damage). Does that mean Voldo sucks because I don't think hes as good as everyone? Maybe it does, maybe it doesnt. I still play voldo because hes fun but I don't think he is insanely good like others put him to. I mean if you're going to let this get to you; you should at least start to learn yoshi real fast.

I knostuff, and he think Yoshi a punchingbag. He's the only punchingbag for my yoshi. I can msot of his combos to anyway, but it not my style of play. I love mindgames:)

Ok, check this out I was in a room with some "high level palyer" if you want me to call them that. Anyway, I was using Yoshi, and when I started to say how good Yoshi is and how is almost one of the best freaking character in the game!!! They call him low tier that he doesn't have anything new. I said" New? Dude he got better lows, cobmos, mix ups, and options." Then they got started with calling Yoshi an easy punchingbag. They call him the punchingbag of this game. They said I should just give up on Yoshi. So my question to you guys. Is do you think yosh is low tier or top tier.

Na-mUuUuuu...i would love to fight whoever said that to you...lemme know, SwordOfApathy, i'll let them see what a punching bag is all about

bump this....yoshi is actually my best in SCiv and i do challenge all those who say yoshi is low-tier or a punching bag...plz...find me in PS3...i feel wut you're sayin' CrazyYoshimitsu

bump this....yoshi is actually my best in SCiv and i do challenge all those who say yoshi is low-tier or a punching bag...plz...find me in PS3...i feel wut you're sayin' CrazyYoshimitsu

I play with yoshi :) man i wish i had a PS3.... and CY all Kaguechi does is shit that works online... all his set ups all his little gay combos just online crap... thats why i left the other night when were playing because he was just abusing the fact that we were online... I would LOVE LOVE LOVE! to meet him in a tournament so i could show him how easy it is to sidestep or GI most of the crap he does but that will probably never happen unless hes at ECC...

I wouldn't say that losing 66B after aB+K makes Yoshi drop a tier. For one thing, if you really need to go for damage 6K still does a decent chunk (only a few points less than the aB+K BnB) and arguably provides better oki. And even for larger stun combos 66B as an ender only provided a few points due to damage scaling and the oki followups were a bit more situational.

The point is, launch > aB+K is still a monster if the ring edge is ON SCREEN, and to me that's all that matters.

Yoshi is top tier, with or without 1.03.

I find Yoshis online nearly impossible to beat. He punishes everything you do really hard, has quick lows and mind games all over the place. Even his unblockables(some) have great tracking. That dude who talks trash about Yoshis is just flaming you, ignore it. Yoshi is VERY good.

I find Yoshis online nearly impossible to beat. He punishes everything you do really hard, has quick lows and mind games all over the place. Even his unblockables(some) have great tracking. That dude who talks trash about Yoshis is just flaming you, ignore it. Yoshi is VERY good.

I'm flattered XD

Back