Which character changed the least from SC1 to SCIV

PlayerRay01

[09] Warrior
I don't know when I'll be able to get my hands on another copy of SCIV (First SCIV disk broke)
But I was able to convince my bro' to get me SC1 to pass the time.I'm playing Sophitia right now since she's changed the least but I want to use another character,any suggestions?

Which character changed the least from SC1 to

Whoa..Maxi is totally different. I wish those guys at calibur forum hadn't deleted all the SC1 stuff, but suffice it to say, maxi isn't the same guy. of all the characters, i'd have to say X probably changed very little. She has the stance now, but her fundamentals are still very similar. For most of the other characters, its hard to say. the removal of SCC changed alot of things, and the basic fundamentals of the game changed, so its hard to say how similar a character might have changed.

Astaroth has changed strategy. While his moves are near similar, his new use of grab combos changed him and dramatically improved him. Also the effects of attacks now change things (in Sc2 66B was a great ring out now it's not)

I think Xianghua is the least changed from a practical point of view, with Sophitia as a close second. They've all gotten additional moves per game but I think Sophitia got more additions that are actually usable for long-term...while Xianghua could just utilize only her SC1 move list. In SC1 and SC2 Sophi didn't have these moves:
-4B+K
-236236B

Those are all handy. But what did X get? SXS? This is a trick that dies out quick. Then she got some lows. 11K? 6bK? 11A+K? It's not as important, IMO.

characters like Voldo and Ivy have changed in every single game! People say its to keep the series fresh but if i go back to tekken 2 (1995) the same inputs still producethe same moves which i think is for the best

When our group goes retro, people accuse me of playing the same Siegfried (and SC2 Nightmare) in every game.

Whoa..Maxi is totally different. I wish those guys at calibur forum hadn't deleted all the SC1 stuff, but suffice it to say, maxi isn't the same guy.

To be fair, Guard Impact had all the SC1 stuff. CF only really started off with SC2.

To be fair, Guard Impact had all the SC1 stuff. CF only really started off with SC2.

True, I really wish all the GI stuff was still around. I still miss the writeups for all the skill projects that WCMaxi did. I guess he dug up some of them but most of them are missing.

Wow man, thanks! It does have maxi's write up! This is totally awesome!

I think Xianghua is the least changed from a practical point of view, with Sophitia as a close second. They've all gotten additional moves per game but I think Sophitia got more additions that are actually usable for long-term...while Xianghua could just utilize only her SC1 move list. In SC1 and SC2 Sophi didn't have these moves:
-4B+K
-236236B

Sophitia did have 236236B in Soul Calibur 1.
Move number 21 under Special in her command list. ;]

god sc4 needs more fan art :)

Back