Which international player would you like to see at EVO 2014?

EVO 2014 is quickly drawing near and thanks to the valiant effort of many of our community members we now have side-tournaments for both Soul Calibur 5 and Soul Calibur 2. Many people are hyped for this tournament, and much like previous EVOs the turnout is expected to be quite large. Thanks to certain community members helping promote EVO 2014, international interest has been quite high.

@Ringout has generously stepped up and offered to help sponsor an international player for at LEAST a flight to EVO. Me, Ringout, and some other community members recently had a conversation on which international players showed the most interest, and we managed to narrow down the list to four players! Here is Ringout's post regarding the matter copied directly from Facebook:
So heres the deal that I want to offer: We want the community to make a decision on who they want to see at Evolution 2014. The winner will be sponsored for at LEAST a flight to EVO, this all varies heavily on rates and time. The candidates are as follows: Keev, Decopon, Partisian, and Lolo. There is a link attached to this post its a poll with your choice to vote on ONE of them. Don't make more than one vote, you'll most likely be unable to, but the point is, lets be civil here and honest. I want these numbers to be as accurate as possible especially because of whats at stake here. The numbers will be viewed by percentages not total votes. If we have a close call between two candidates then we will have one more vote among the two. Basically if two people are at least 1-4% from each other. Otherwise, this poll will last for for 15 days effectively ending on 5/24/14 at 11:59PM Eastern Time. I want to be as fair as possible about this. If anyone has any questions or comments feel free to PM me.

Below is a list of SCV achievements and videos for each player to help you decide!

1st place at MLG 2012 winter championships

FR 17 champion

Runner-up at NEC 2013

EVO 2012 champion

Put it simply these guys are some of the best. They are all very good at the game and have numerous achievements to back it up. We want YOU to decide which one of these great four international players gets to attend EVO 2014. This poll can only have one winner! Here is a link to the poll http://www.addpoll.com/RINGOUT/poll/225269 Let the voting begin!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really would love to see damn near any Japanese player come over since we haven't seen jack shit from them and they actually really like this game unlike a lot of the others in the series. So, I'd have to vote Decopon.

Decopon ain't comin. Only Japaneses players who will still play us are Itazan and P shin. The rest are scurred! I'm goin lolo since he's de mi raza. If not, I'd like to see Keev.
Either way all bout dat USA!

Apparently they've dropped the game completely. Otherwise I'd be calling for Shen Yuan to come out here.

P_Shen (aka Pad God) is comin but only for SCII.
Decopon can't come cause he's busy studyin.
There are other playas, some you haven't heard of and many that can't/don't travel.
I think a few others are thinkin of comin.

Last edited:
Either way, I looked at the poll. Keev is winning by a landslide. Its not even close. Also, Itazan still plays SF4 right? So he would still go to EVO for that. Last year he did, and entered SCV when he heard we were a having a side tourney.

He just plays SC on the side, I don't know much about the SF scene, startin to get into the game (and it) now.
I think that many people outside don't Japan know about the JP SC playas.

Crna_Ruka I think is the best player in Japan right now, so if hes coming thats gonna be nice.

Among other really good JPN players worth chcking out
Nekoyogi (Xiba)
Makken (Natsu)
Wendezday_MIZ (Yoshi)
Chappy-Nidoking (Yoshi)
Suggoidaiske (Nightmare)
Naritaka (Nightmare)
MENMA (Viola)
UPIPON (ZWEI)
yupipupon (Voldo)
KT Voldo (Voldo)
Kei_chan (Mitsu, Ezio)
MIYABI (Mitsu)
Crsku (aPat)
Sawazuma (Maxi)
Tamonegi (Algol, Mitsu) (theres another superb algol player but I dont remember his name)
Itazan (Asta)
Misohiro (Cevry)
DarkRuna(Cervy)
Lanheizer (Hilde)
RequestKing (Ivy)
Krizalid (Omega)
SHK (Omega)
Hameko (Omega)
YotaStar (Raph)

There are much more but these top of my head.
I'd especially note Makken, Nekoyogim Wendezday, Menma, Upipon, yupipupon, Kei_chan, Crsku, Sawazuma, Tamonegi, Itazam, Misohiro, Lanheizer, Requestking, Kirzalid, Hameko - They all, I think, have at least once made finals in JPN tournaments

Maybe the other good Algol is Hatogin?

Wow, you know allota namez!

oosaka (Maxi), SK (Asta), Duskonaka (Natsu) and sousuhi (Cass) are still playin SCV and may deserve a place on your list.

Crsk is Tekkito (Crma's (Kilomilli) friend).

It would be cool to see Decopon come back and defend his 2012 crown. But any of these guys would be a pleasure to watch at Evo.

Crna_Ruka I think is the best player in Japan right now, so if hes coming thats gonna be nice.

Among other really good JPN players worth chcking out
Nekoyogi (Xiba)
Makken (Natsu)
Wendezday_MIZ (Yoshi)
Chappy-Nidoking (Yoshi)
Suggoidaiske (Nightmare)
Naritaka (Nightmare)
MENMA (Viola)
UPIPON (ZWEI)
yupipupon (Voldo)
KT Voldo (Voldo)
Kei_chan (Mitsu, Ezio)
MIYABI (Mitsu)
Crsku (aPat)
Sawazuma (Maxi)
Tamonegi (Algol, Mitsu) (theres another superb algol player but I dont remember his name)
Itazan (Asta)
Misohiro (Cevry)
DarkRuna(Cervy)
Lanheizer (Hilde)
RequestKing (Ivy)
Krizalid (Omega)
SHK (Omega)
Hameko (Omega)
YotaStar (Raph)

There are much more but these top of my head.
I'd especially note Makken, Nekoyogim Wendezday, Menma, Upipon, yupipupon, Kei_chan, Crsku, Sawazuma, Tamonegi, Itazam, Misohiro, Lanheizer, Requestking, Kirzalid, Hameko - They all, I think, have at least once made finals in JPN tournaments
out of curiousity is there match footage of these players? I cant find any on youtube.

Back