Which player would you rather play?

Which player?

• Total voters

JTK

[09] Warrior
To explain more...

The Cocky Champion:
- Knows he/she is good, and will let everybody else know.
- Can definitely beat you 100% of the time.
- Will probably insult you if you don't stand a chance.
- Will never refuse a challenge.
- You would learn from him/her by playing him/her.

The Humble Champion:
- Knows he/she is good, but doesn't brag about it.
- Will encourage you if you get frustrated.
- Will teach you if you ask for it.

Let's just say for the sake of argument that they always would get a double KO in the final round if they fought each other.

Thanks.

ALL COMPETITORS HAVE CONVINCED THEMSELVES THEY ARE BETTER THAN THE OTHER PLAYERS. WHETHER OR NOT THEY OPENLY TELL THAT TO PEOPLE DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING WHEN THE ACTUAL FIGHTING OCCURS. SO I THINK HUMILITY IS A FAULTY CONCEPT. EVERYONE'S BEING COCKY TO DIFFERENT DEGREES. QUIET COMPETITORS ARE SO COCKY THEY DON'T EVEN FEEL COMPELLED TO EXPRESS IT.

THAT BEING SAID, I'D RATHER PLAY SOMEONE WHO IS OPEN TO DISCUSSION, WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE LOUD OR QUIET. MOST PEOPLE ARE TOO SELF-ABSORBED TO LISTEN TO DIFFERENT IDEAS AND THEY GIVE NO FUCKS ABOUT NEITHER ANYONE BUT THEMSELVES NOR ANYTHING BUT THEIR AGENDAS THEY'VE ALREADY PUT INTO MOTION.

To explain more...

The Cocky Champion:
- Knows he/she is good, and will let everybody else know.
- Will probably insult you if you don't stand a chance.
- You would learn from him/her by playing him/her.

The Humble Champion:
- Knows he/she is good, but doesn't brag about it.
- Will encourage you if you get frustrated.
- Will teach you if you ask for it.

Let's just say for the sake of argument that they always would get a double KO in the final round if they fought each other.

Thanks.

That's life and that's competition. Use that frustration to up your skill and get better. Winning can often be sweeter when you really want to destroy someone. Me, like many other people in this community got better because of cocky champions. They can teach lessons a humble champion can't. My passion of beating KrayzieCD was definitely real in SC3. I got damn close at the end of the game, but he always had one up on me. Through that process, I got better than almost everyone else in Norcal though.

Just remember, this is competition. People can only hold your hand so far. Once you get good enough to be a threat, people are going to want to destroy you.

MOST PEOPLE ARE TOO SELF-ABSORBED TO LISTEN TO DIFFERENT IDEAS AND THEY GIVE NO FUCKS ABOUT NEITHER ANYONE BUT THEMSELVES NOR ANYTHING BUT THEIR AGENDAS THEY'VE ALREADY PUT INTO MOTION.

Yeah, that reminds me of someone I know, his name is MONEYMUFFINS.

While I prefer to be humble and attempt to respect everyone...sometimes you just can't help being arrogant especially around inferior players, but sometimes it's those very inferior players that help me keep my feet on the ground.
cocky or humble, imo the difference stems from if you respect your opponent and if you take the game too seriously...at the end of the day, despite what has happened or what will happen, it's simply a game.

Although I do like Alex.J's interpretation of it as well, being humble helps you to realise your place, you're not better than this guy so you won't try or act like you're better than him, when you lose a match you feel nothing because you've accepted you won't get any better than you are now. Being humble can sometimes prove to be hindrance to your own improvement, however arrogance can be that very driving force you need to become better than someone if you really want it

Too humble you'll doubt your own abilities. Too prideful you'll bite off more than you can chew.

Either way, my goal is to win or die trying. The fun is the runbacks, not one's pride.

Too humble you'll doubt your own abilities. Too prideful you'll bite off more than you can chew.

Either way, my goal is to win or die trying. The fun is the runbacks, not one's pride.

It's about keeping that balance, pride is a good thing as it motivates you to move forward, too much results in arrogance and big-headedness, causing you to disrespect players, which ends up causing needless beef with people.
Humility is good as it helps you keep your feet on the ground, but keep thinking that and you set a barrier for yourself that you'll believe you're unable to cross it.
In general it's about keeping that healthy respect for your fellow opponent...unless he/she is a complete asshole with no redeemable factor.

If I could use @Alex.J as an example, and I hope he doesn't mind (and purely because I genuinely don't know anyone else who does this) but watching him at EVO and another event that I forget the name of (fought Xeph with his Xiba, and NoFaceKiller in the GF's, I think it was NCR or something).
How he acted and played was typical of a cocky, douchey S.o.B, mocking them, taking the piss outta them. However, end of the match he turned to his opponent, shook hands with them and said GG's...that's the kind of balance one should strive for.

It's about keeping that balance, pride is a good thing as it motivates you to move forward, too much results in arrogance and big-headedness, causing you to disrespect players, which ends up causing needless beef with people.
Humility is good as it helps you keep your feet on the ground, but keep thinking that and you set a barrier for yourself that you'll believe you're unable to cross it.
In general it's about keeping that healthy respect for your fellow opponent...unless he/she is a complete asshole with no redeemable factor.

If I could use @Alex.J as an example, and I hope he doesn't mind (and purely because I genuinely don't know anyone else who does this) but watching him at EVO and another event that I forget the name of (fought Xeph with his Xiba, and NoFaceKiller in the GF's, I think it was NCR or something).
How he acted and played was typical of a cocky, douchey S.o.B, mocking them, taking the piss outta them. However, end of the match he turned to his opponent, shook hands with them and said GG's...that's the kind of balance one should strive for.

You just told people to be like me. How can I be offended?

ALL COMPETITORS HAVE CONVINCED THEMSELVES THEY ARE BETTER THAN THE OTHER PLAYERS. WHETHER OR NOT THEY OPENLY TELL THAT TO PEOPLE DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING WHEN THE ACTUAL FIGHTING OCCURS. SO I THINK HUMILITY IS A FAULTY CONCEPT. EVERYONE'S BEING COCKY TO DIFFERENT DEGREES. QUIET COMPETITORS ARE SO COCKY THEY DON'T EVEN FEEL COMPELLED TO EXPRESS IT.

THAT BEING SAID, I'D RATHER PLAY SOMEONE WHO IS OPEN TO DISCUSSION, WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE LOUD OR QUIET. MOST PEOPLE ARE TOO SELF-ABSORBED TO LISTEN TO DIFFERENT IDEAS AND THEY GIVE NO FUCKS ABOUT NEITHER ANYONE BUT THEMSELVES NOR ANYTHING BUT THEIR AGENDAS THEY'VE ALREADY PUT INTO MOTION.
All competitors do have that cockiness. However, I do have to disagree when you say, "All players have convinced themselves they are better than the other player."

I am a egotistical asshole- but even I recognize who my competition is. There's a few people who I've openly told "You are better than me." Or have openly said, speaking in general, "they are better than me."

Oh, as for the question via topic, they both suck. And would definitely not win 100%.

Oh, as for the question via topic, they both suck. And would definitely not win 100%.
I suppose this would depend on how good you are. I know of many players that can beat me 100% of the time in certain games, and there are other games I play where if I were to meet a very good player it could boil down to a 50/50.

Can't decide tbh, I hardly win against any champions so if they be humble or cocky it wouldnt make a difference, either way I would be proud I was able to get the victory. I can say for myself that I am too humble and I've seen it hold me back, usually after the match is over and I lost, so I could use a bit of arrogance (be more annoying during a match but still shake your hand at the end of the match). I've tried being a bit more cocky, or at least talk more big but I feel I haven't earned that, I know I got a long way to go till I can say I'm good. By reading the descriptions of both I would like to win both because either way I learn more and I can say I beat the CHAMP!!!

Consider the world deeply, consider yourself lightly. Though you may lose you life, you must never lose your honor- Musashi

He fought in over 60 duels to the death never losing once, known as the greatest swordsman who ever lived.

Back