Which race will you favor in CAS the most?

I wonder how the other fighting stances would look on a Lizardperson?
Like Astaroth neutral, or Siegfried style's stance dance on a Lizardperson, because Lizzy's original stance is more hunched than average iirc.

On topic: I don't want to be racist(as a german i'm a bit sentisized on that topic)
So i'm just going to tap all the races and go with what works best.

I wonder how the other fighting stances would look on a Lizardperson?
Like Astaroth neutral, or Siegfried style's stance dance on a Lizardperson, because Lizzy's original stance is more hunched than average iirc.

On topic: I don't want to be racist(as a german i'm a bit sentisized on that topic)
So i'm just going to tap all the races and go with what works best.

I'd imagine they'd just stand a little more upright. It might look odd, but I don't think it'd break anything. There are mods of previous games that let Lizardman/Aeon use different movesets, and often times it doesn't look too awkward. The biggest thing is that Aeon is friggin huge, and it's hard to see that when he's hunched over.

I wonder how much of an effect the races will have on gameplay with regards to things like reach.

Will a Lizardman "Astaroth" have the throw range of a normal Astaroth? What about an Oni "Astaroth" will he have a longer reach?

Will there be compensation for longer reach versus shorter reach? Didn't shorter reach versions of chars do a little bit more damage in the past? I wonder what kind of min/max sheet we'll come up with as time goes on, and I wonder how many ranked players will drift toward those CAS versions of chars.

Like, will we ever match up with someone and think to ourselves, "Fuckin' another god damned Malfested Kilik with his 120% range of normal Kilik...."

If Aeon isn't a character then if lizardman can wear some nice clothes I want to make a dapper lizardman

Depend on if the races limit clothing options at all

Lizardman most likely will. As for the others they all seem humanoid but i can see something like mummy restricting you on some stuff, makes me wonder if some races get specific customization.

I wonder if the nightmare race will be able to have a big corrupted arm.

probably none, back in 5 I had made 100 characters (copied my data over to a memory card for 360) so i had a huge cast of characters... i guess I'd favor human but not for any particular reason just that most of the characters I made and want to make are human since they're just people from other games.

although now that the devil jin style isn't around (as far as we are aware) there's gonna be allot of characters I can't make anymore.

Nah, looks like just a fourth, by my count:
Human - Male/Female
Outcast - Male/Female
Lost Soul (Winged) - Male/Female
Lizardman - Male
Mummy - Male/Female
Automaton - Male/Female
Shapeshifter - Male/Female
Colossus - Male/Female
Hidden Village Clan - Male/Female
Malefic - Male
Lost Soul (Horned) - Male/Female
Darksider - Male
Revenant - Male/Female
Malfested - Male/Female
Malfested (Mutated) - Male/Female
Malfested (Fully Transformed) - Male

I'm only really assuming about Malfested (Fully Transformed) because it's based on Nightmare's SoulCalibur IV 2p, for which there would be no Female.

Lizardman has never had a female variant (lizards don't have mammary glands) so it's actually more accurate for a lizard character to have a different colorization or size to determine the sex of the creature.

Are Malefic and Darksider confirmed to be male only?

Lizardman has never had a female variant (lizards don't have mammary glands) so it's actually more accurate for a lizard character to have a different colorization or size to determine the sex of the creature.

Are Malefic and Darksider confirmed to be male only?
Sure sometimes, but some are like birds whom lizards are distantly related to, in that some males have more features than females do. But that's not really the point. It looked like whatever the darksider is only had a male option, I suspect same is true the Malefic and who knows what else as well. Is annoying cause I had plans for a female Malefic.

I'm also assuming about Malefic, considering Darksider. Darksider was shown in IGN's first 8 minutes video, and it didn't offer a gender choice.

I'm also assuming about Malefic, considering Darksider. Darksider was shown in IGN's first 8 minutes video, and it didn't offer a gender choice.
Did we watch the same video? I'm pretty sure we can't say either way whether it does or doesn't. It looked like this Darksider/Male (but to the left it had an image of a male and female). It was also lighted up not darkened out which usually means there is another option. But perhaps I missed something?

It did have some options unavailable for the character (like eyebrows). Also I'm pretty sure the Darksider is essentially just a zombie lol.
Screenshot (156).png

Did we watch the same video? I'm pretty sure we can't say either way whether it does or doesn't. It looked like this Darksider/Male (but to the left it had an image of a male and female). It was also lighted up not darkened out which usually means there is another option. But perhaps I missed something?

It did have some options unavailable for the character (like eyebrows). Also I'm pretty sure the Darksider is essentially just a zombie lol.
Hrm good eyes, you may be correct.

Lizardman looks the same, it's not greyed out, and it says Lizardman/Male, and it shows both genders on the left. The thing is, it doesn't let you pick gender when you pick Darksider, it just goes straight in, automatically picking Male and not giving you a choice.

Lizardman looks the same, it's not greyed out, and it says Lizardman/Male, and it shows both genders on the left. The thing is, it doesn't let you pick gender when you pick Darksider, it just goes straight in, automatically picking Male and not giving you a choice.
Right... ugh...

Back