Who else misses SC3 Zas?

Artilust

[10] Knight
I like SC4 Zas, I think he is more competitive this go around, but I dunno man, theres a lot that drew me to him thats not there anymore, and I dont know how to feel about that. Who else misses SC3 Zasalamel?

For those who didnt play with Zas last go round, or dont fully remember::

-2A had MUCH longer range, because he swung the blade instead of the back of the handle
-B+K (in the arcade version) caused crumple stun
-There was a 3rd hit to 6BA. (the 3rd hit pushed them back out). All 3 hits could be delayed.
-There was a 2nd hit to 2B+K_2[B+K] (it was a mid, so if they ducked the low the mid would knockdown)
-WC 3B's old notation was 33B...insanely practical and not just a piece of WC options
-1AA (doesnt exist in SC4) Low/High? It knocked down, about as fast as Setsukas 1A. It was even faster in the SC3 demo.
-66BB LAUNCHED!!! (I really dont care about this one too much tho)
-66BK (doesnt exist in SC4) the second hit is now B:K, but think about all the times you make people duck 66B...what if a mid came after the duck.
-66A+K (doesnt exist in SC4)..if 66B+K was horizontal, and tracked. and went 1/3rd across the screen. It was also unblockable after you soul charged. lol
-A+K came out faster
-44A used to be 66A and was MID

*starts to tear up*

-44B+K (unblockable) couldnt be stepped after close range. Just like SC4 before the unnecessary patch lol.
-4B+K (doesnt exist in SC4) Think X 44B. Talim 4B+K. Mitsu 4B. Zas jumped backwards and whipped the blade down like and axe. Went over lows, was a mid, decent damage. It was a retreating attack and its only drawback was on whiff it was unsafe. This move was CRUCIAL. Say you wanted to poke a little bit, throw out 2A..and just when they were about to attack back, 4B+K. This is what Zasalamel is lacking in SC4, the ability to pressure, then GTF outta there. God only knows how much I miss this one.
-B+K (doesnt exist in SC4) Actually the second hit of 6A+B, only you could do it manually, AND IT AUTO GUARD IMPACTED HORIZONTALS.

Im utterly heartbroked about the final two. Im gonna need some of these moves back in some form.

You think Zas has mixups now? If Zas was as safe as he is now in SC3? Lord jesus christ have mercy.

I miss

66BB launching
WS B with an auto gi.
2A actually this right here 2A
6A

The pimp hand used to stun in the Arcade version.

I was about to say, I THOUGHT WR B was auto GI, but I didnt want to guess.

What was 6A?

6A was the hilt to the face. Felt like his only way to stuff pressure outside of the basics. I'll name what I miss that you guys haven't.

-A+G - 50 damage
-B+G - 60 damage
-Back throw - 60 damage; does 57 now WTF
-BB - spammable as heck
-2B+KA - Something endearing about this low. Great range for its speed and NCC
-CH 22_88BB (now 4B+K) 4A+B combo - 77 damage
-46B+G - Wasn't that great but I love free mixup opportunities. It'd only help the current Zas. Cute that the animation is in the Nergal JFs tho
-3AB being safe. I might be the only one who loves this move in SC4.
-44B - TJ move where he did a funny flip forward; KND STN on hit; Tech trapped into 3AB for a total 83 damage
-Old 11_77K - fast low that RO with good positioning
-JUMP A - Especially 7A; retreating horizontal high with stupid range? yes please; 4B+K was better for retreating but linear

Sure he does less damage now and his AA is still duckable on block but he's a pimp. That's all that matters.

SC3 Zas so annoying to fight against -_- Between the old B+K and 4B+K, SC3 Zas could avoid most moves in the game after getting something blocked

I never played SC3 AE Zas extensively but I heard he was super dirty in that version. Didn't B+K give a silly combo on CH or something?

yeah though back then the command was aB I believe. I actually tried it out when I played AE. he can get a 40%+ life combo on counterhit in AE from it, and I think it was faster too

Yes, and that was when they made 4B+K safe, and Bt B+K. What were the frames on the old BB? I used to spam that shit like Sophie's BB.

I forgot all about 2B+KA, honestly I could do without 1AB because the former is much more useful. Think Kilik's 44B, with Ivy's WP 1A as the second hit.

Damn. Zas really got switched around, when you really think about it. Him, Mina and Ivy really have the most dramatic changes since SC3.

I think its a little late in the game to pining for SC3 Zas. Hopefully he'll get some new stuff or old stuff back in SC4 AE or whatever cash-in Namco comes up with.

I dont miss SC3 Zas although those moves u mentioned were really handy and i wish he would have 4B+K,2A,66A+K,and 66BK although still a solid char tho.

Eh. I didnt really get competitive until around 08, so when I go back to older games in some series I realize how much things have changed, when I was playing without a clue.

SC2 Ivy is still as beasty as they come.

Tira had an annoying and unwarranted change added (HP loss). Your moveset is limited based on your life bar. Zas' is limited by unsafety. In that way Zas is lucky.

Did pimphand give that delicious stun on NH back then? Please say yes. I'm droolin' at the thought.

Did pimphand give that delicious stun on NH back then? Please say yes. I'm droolin' at the thought.

Hmm, I don't remember clearly. I can't imagine it did, that would be too dirty. :D

It does draw a question about SCIV though. I'm interested in CH 4A_44A_6B+K:B5, where he does the B+K and it gives double-over stun. Why put this in the game? To punish you if you miss the 2A or B followup? It's not like its hard at all to hit those, so whats the point? A taunt? I always thought there was more to this move, but that's probably wishful thinking.

lol. I forgot all about that.

I remember when the game first came out I thought I could cancel out of it and do do something else.

Im still searching for something thats unlisted. I wont give up until I glitch into BT or some shit like that.

I dont see whats so difficult about giving us a SC 4.1

Back