Who else thought Soul Calibur 3 sucked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahPaiFan

[08] Mercenary
Ah, yes. Soul Calibur 3 aka the blacksheep of the series which was broken, unbalanced, rushed, and unfinished and was full of bugs and glitches. Who else agrees?

No offense Sarah, but if you like SC4 so much (I love it too, FYI), and only care about the core mechanics (Like most people here), then just talk about it in the SC4 forums. It's a hell of a lot more pleasant and productive than attacking somebody's opinion over an older game.

it was bad because of my two favorite characters were crap and look ugly as hell.
At least Talim didn't have her insect eyes from SCII though!
icon10.gif

SC3's battle mechanics sucked, battles rarely lasted longer than 20 seconds because sneezing on your opponent did roughly 90 damage.

A lot of things about SC were bad, but at least one thing about it was very very good. Chronicals of the Sword. That mode was extremely fun and I was sorely disappointed to find out it wasn't in this game, it would've been so much better because of the better battle mechanics. (even more let down by how incredibly lame and half assed ToLS is, it just feels like a lazy excuse to not do CotS.)

SC3's battle mechanics sucked, battles rarely lasted longer than 20 seconds because sneezing on your opponent did roughly 90 damage.

A lot of things about SC were bad, but at least one thing about it was very very good. Chronicals of the Sword. That mode was extremely fun and I was sorely disappointed to find out it wasn't in this game, it would've been so much better because of the better battle mechanics. (even more let down by how incredibly lame and half assed ToLS is, it just feels like a lazy excuse to not do CotS.)
Chronicles of the Sword sucked and was buggy as heck. You can just level up by losing and you had to level up to get the Soul of an existing character. Lame.

I was wondering if we could close this thread now before it gets out of hand with Soul Calibur 4 whiners.

By the way, Soul Calibur 3 was a mess at high level play.

Chronicles of the Sword sucked and was buggy as heck. You can just level up by losing and you had to level up to get the Soul of an existing character. Lame.

Unlockables that increase replay value? yeah you're right those are awful.

As extremely well formed and reasonable as "It sucked and was buggy as hell" is, I'm afraid I don't agree with you...mainly because I have reasons for thinking what I do.

I was wondering if we could close this thread now before it gets out of hand with Soul Calibur 4 whiners.

By the way, Soul Calibur 3 was a mess at high level play.

Don't bother opening threads asking for opinions if you only want to hear one type of opinion.

As much as SC3 sucked, it had a great soundtrack and beautiful stages. Exactly what SC4 is lacking.

SC3+SC4 combined = perfect SC game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back