Who Liked SC3?

endnow

[09] Warrior
I played SB as a kid so i was always familiar with the series but i was unfortunate enough not to own a PS2 until 2006 thus SC3 was the 1st of the 'calibur' series that I owned.

Anyway all the 'bad for tournaments' and 'broken game' comments aside I really enjoyed this game! My freinds and I had alot of fun with VS and character creation (especially the Special vs slipery stage) and their was an almost never ending ammount of unlockables! Old characters Hwang and Li Long even made an appearance and they were favourites of mine from SB. Also it had numerous fighting styles that werent at all related to the main cast of characters which I think puts SC3s character creation above SC4s!

What do you guys think? Do any of you have a soft spot for this game?

Nothing but deep, intense hatred. Not just because of the game, but because of what it did to the community. Without a good game to rally behind, our community turned into a spiteful, hateful scene obsessed with money matches (no one cared about the tournaments).

Play SC2.

Let us never speak of this game again... it tore apart the amazing community, and left us with nothing to start SC 4 with... If it even kept HALF of the SC2 community, SC4 would be FAR more popular now.

I'm with Tiamat and Endnow. I don't hate the game, I just look at it as a tragedy. It has the stink of "rushed out the door" tucked into every technical aspect of it, but it was beautifully designed, and a lot of fun in single player. It's too bad it flopped, because now we'll never get another game without guest characters. I think the Arcade Edition is superior in every way to SC2's arcade version.

Ah i feel i should have further emphasised something in my initial post. I wasnt a part of the SC community pre SC3 or even pre SC4 so im not speaking from the same perspective as alot of you are I just had fun with it! Furthermore i feel the character creation was a fresh addition to the series it allowed the player to play 'barbie doll' with a fighting game on a deeper level than Tekken 5 or VF4 did.

Hey Question. Do you guys miss the abk power ups? I used to own like crazy on blue power up using Seigs SCH B GB move as an unblockable. Also... Wtf happend to the Owl!? Having a moukgin like character in the SC games was my motivation to get good with every character and would even things out when a freind came over if i just chose Olcudan everytime

I'm with Tiamat and Endnow. I don't hate the game, I just look at it as a tragedy. It has the stink of "rushed out the door" tucked into every technical aspect of it, but it was beautifully designed, and a lot of fun in single player. It's too bad it flopped, because now we'll never get another game without guest characters. I think the Arcade Edition is superior in every way to SC2's arcade version.

BLASPHEMY!

SC3 arcade was HORRIBLE. The ranked system was completely flawed and made no sense. If a person got a high enough character it took like $20 just to take them out and get your ass in their. It was fuckin retarded. SC2 was great and very fun with taking over territory and the ability to build your character stats. It was GREAT!

I enjoyed SC3. It was fun despite the glitches and I have no elitist views of it. I played SC3AE once. Only used Ivy. Wonderful experience though I hate stick. Saw AE Hwang and Tira in vids. OMG so sexy. Guess we can't have it all.

BLASPHEMY!

SC3 arcade was HORRIBLE. The ranked system was completely flawed and made no sense. If a person got a high enough character it took like $20 just to take them out and get your ass in their. It was fuckin retarded. SC2 was great and very fun with taking over territory and the ability to build your character stats. It was GREAT!

True, it is harder to leave your mark on an SC3 machine, but when you do? It's much more meaningful. You become the one and only saved, named version of that character, and after that you can quickly make it much more powerful than any Conquest character ever was. By giving them super powers, at least then you can make them harder to beat than the dumbass non-air controlling AI.

I freakin loved this game. Yeah it had glitches and all that but IMO the roster was more closely balanced than SC4 is now when it comes to mid tiers vs high tiers. Sure X was in a tier of her own but after that who was it....Sophie and Cass? At least you could still take a mid tier character in that game and have more of a chance against those 2.
People complained that in SC3 you couldn't step anything anymore....what a crock of shit. You had people like KDZ (back when he was good old Kid Disaster) and Linkrkc who would step everything.....you had BrianHatesYou with his patented step-bullrush with fat ass Asta of all people. In SC4 you can step things pretty well but nowhere near as well as SC3 and I don't think any future SC game will have step as good as it was SC2.
I think the game was a lot more fun to play once VC was banned....to bad we didn't do that until later. But still, once it got to that point the game was a lot more fun and fair.

I really enjoyed the single player modes. And I also liked the fighting styles of the CaS characters. This game was nothing compared to SC2 though. If only they bothered to take more time on it.

lol was X in a teir of her own?

Did anyone else like how much you could unlock in SC3? You could be playing for 50+ hours and still not have purchased all art/equipment or unlocked everything. I unlocked almost every Ancient weapon aswell which took ALOT of repetition :|. I got to lvl 19 on Chronicles and beat most of the hardest soul arena fights :D.... Ah those were the days!

id anyone else like how much you could unlock in SC3? You could be playing for 50+ hours and still not have purchased all art/equipment or unlocked everything. I unlocked almost every Ancient weapon aswell which took ALOT of repetition :|. I got to lvl 19 on Chronicles and beat most of the hardest soul arena fights :D.... Ah those were the days!

That was part of the problem. There was so much SINGLE PLAYER stuff in SC3; that they did absolutely zero play-testing on the MULTI PLAYER part... Which should have been way more important.

That was part of the problem. There was so much SINGLE PLAYER stuff in SC3; that they did absolutely zero play-testing on the MULTI PLAYER part... Which should have been way more important.

Exactly... That's why so many casual players prefer SC3 to SC4, and bitch about that Tower of Souls or whatever,

lol i forgot to mention i was at Engareds house the other week and Eclair showed me some SC3 clips to show me why it was a broken game. He showed me X doing 300 damage by repeatedly tech trapping the cpu which was on 'guard all' in different ways everytime... it was epic! also a wall combo from X that did 150 damage as well as other characters tech traps and some grab 22g combo (??). So yeah the game was obviously broken lol but as its been said it was very 'casual freindly' which as a follow up to SC2 which was a very popular tournament game does seem grossly inappropriate so i can understand why alot of you hate it. But yeah what was that glich where you could grab someone press a input (22g??) then you could do whatever you wanted to them?
PS: Why the hell isnt their a sub Forum for soul blade!? Im sure im not the only child of the 90s that liked this game!? plus the intro to it still hasnt been topped by any SC in my opinion... I think Sophitia in that intro made me hit puberty

I really liked the game, France banned VC since the very beginning so we had no problem with that and SC3 was a lot of fun.
Although I still prefer SC4, SC3 was with all his glitch and brokenness, a very good fighting game.

I freakin loved this game. Yeah it had glitches and all that but IMO the roster was more closely balanced than SC4 is now when it comes to mid tiers vs high tiers. Sure X was in a tier of her own but after that who was it....Sophie and Cass? At least you could still take a mid tier character in that game and have more of a chance against those 2.
People complained that in SC3 you couldn't step anything anymore....what a crock of shit. You had people like KDZ (back when he was good old Kid Disaster) and Linkrkc who would step everything.....you had BrianHatesYou with his patented step-bullrush with fat ass Asta of all people. In SC4 you can step things pretty well but nowhere near as well as SC3 and I don't think any future SC game will have step as good as it was SC2.
I think the game was a lot more fun to play once VC was banned....to bad we didn't do that until later. But still, once it got to that point the game was a lot more fun and fair.

This!!!

I'm becoming a more casual fighting game player, than a competitive player nowadays. I just appreciate sc3's presentation as a whole, more than sc4's. I know sc2 is the better of the two games. but when i play it, it just seems empty...weather it's the lack of characters or whatever. but i know the solid game play is there. i guess imo sc3 just gives me the best from both world of sc2 and sc4. so that's kinda why i play it more than both games. not to mention the friends i play sc with on the regular like sc3 the most. i can play between all 3 games without any problems. :)

someone mentioned soul charge! yes! that was the "OMFG factor" for sc back in the day for me. especially in sc2 when soul charge had meaning. in sc4 when they removed it...I KNEW I'd probably hate the damn game...

turned out I was partially right...lol I still kinda feel like sc with no soul charge, ISN'T sc!

okay now I'm just ranting...

turns on sc3...

Back