Why did you choose your character?

ZOo00OOm

is dead
When I first started the Calibur series in general, I've always had an interest in Voldo but I didn't know the proper way to play him. When SCV came out, I picked Viola because I didn't know any better. After a month of frustration, I saw some of Enk's Voldo vids and thats when I decided to make Voldo my main.

I'd like to think that 50% of my Voldo came from Enkindu, 10% came from Manta, 15% came from Dime and the 25% is my own. Watching people play characters a certain way makes me want to pick up that character (like Decopon's Tira or KC's Ivy).

What made you choose your character in the first place?

I picked Mitsurugi because he's a badass Samurai. Played him since SCII but didn't really get competitive until SCV. I also play some other characters like Yoshi, Nightmare, Maxi, etc. but Mitsu's been my "main" since the beginning, even when I was just a button mashing kid in SCII.

Last edited:
I picked Maxi because I enjoyed watching IRM fight with him, and because I really find his attitude and voice actor entertaining in SCV, unlike the past caliburs. And because of 6AB

And I picked ZWEI because he's low tier, probably one of the coolest characters in any fighting game in my opinion. That's about it.

I didn´t like fighting games at all, but in 2010 I decided to try with someone and I looked for SCIV. I played the demo and there were only two options: Cassandra and Nightmare. I definitely went with Cassandra, I had a feeling with her, looked like a great person and also a beautiful girl.

I played the demo for days, only with Cassandra, it was really fun, and all with the intention to buy the game and try other characters. But when that happened, I just didn´t feel like it, went directly with Cassandra in every match and found out how great we were together.

And that´s it, big fan of Cassandra from there, I also tried her later in Broken Destiny, SC2 and SC3, loved her. So I like to think it was destiny the one who brought us together.

Not just that, not only thanks to Cassandra I became fan of Soul Calibur, but she also made me fan of the fighting game in general, before that I hated them, but now I love them!!

As for SC5, since she wasn´t there, I decided to go with Pyrrha because she was family of Cassandra, and also a pretty girl. Honestly, I didn´t find another choice, but there was no need, I fell in love with Pyrrha too since the first day I got the game, so today is my main too along with Cassandra.

You know, I thank God because I don´t have to pick between Cassandra and Pyrrha, because if that happens, I would not know what to say, both of this girls mean everything to me, is like picking dad or mom, I just can´t that easily.

Love them both, Cassandra and Pyrrha power up!! =D

PS: Oh, and in SC, since none of them were there, of course I went with Sophitia since she is family of Cassandra too. We made a good team too, also a big fan of her!

Well it all started in 2009. My jimmies had been rustled to an extreme point and I just had to unrustle them. So, I decided to get an xbox 360. Then @DarkRhythm decided to rerustle my jimmies, and made me get SC4. When I first inserted that round silver thingy in the xbox's whosawhatsit, the first thing I did was do some characters stories to get gold and buy more. After playing the few characters available in story mode, I realized that all of those characters were *Betas* and couldn't unrustle my jimmies. But then everything changed when I realized there was a black guy I could play. I immediately went to creation mode and placed a fro on Zasalamel and the rest is history.

Then SCV came out and he wasn't there, so I just picked Mitsurugi because fuck you he is easy and op smd.

Last edited:
I play the most OP characters I can play because Raph is counter-pick tier and Cassandra is not in the game.

Pyrrha because she's a basic ass crybaby and I love it so much bless her heart.

I've always used the s&s users after I dropped Talim in SCIII. I generally used Cassandra at first because I liked her style at the time and I thought Sophitia was too simple. My favorites kinda switched when SCV was announced so I switched to Sophitia because Moephitia exists now.

Correction to my earlier statement. It was a guy named Fhworang (sp) that first got me to enjoy Maxi. I came across a combo video he put up and that's pretty much it.

As far as SCV goes, considering on my most used characters, it's usually Viola with Natsu heavily tied so those two would probably be my mains for SCV and I'll explain why.

Viola - Well, I already liked her when I first saw her debut even though I thought she'd be hard to play. She really isn't hard at all but the reason why I chose her was because she's a pretty swift and fast character and those kinds of characters always matched well with my play style.

Natsu - Mostly because Taki was always the character I used since SC2. I'm a fan of faster paced characters. I may not like Natsu's design all that much but her style plays similar to Taki so that's the reason why I chose her. More as a secondary main in 5.

Previous Mains - Taki, Yun-Seong, Hwang, Cassandra, Sophitia, Tira, & Ivy
Mains I'd love to add - Zwei (I like him a lot but I can't play him competently)

Because Alpha replaced Setsuka in V.
Yeah, I picked up Alpha too since I used Setsuka in SCIV but I had to find a new main when I eventually came to terms with the fact that she no longer had an umbrella or tits in this game.

I tried Viola but then my combos started to do 180+ damage and I had trouble sleeping at night.

So I just went with a character I enjoyed playing, and that was Pyrrha Omega.

I will tell you a small story about my main characters! When I was starting to play with Soul edge and Soul Calibur games the first character that I chose was Mitsurugi I liked his appearance and his fighting style, he is samurai, and I like so much the Japanese culture and Japanese civilization... he was my main character along with Siegfried, Ivy and Hwang! In SC2 my main characters were Yun-Seong, Ivy, Mitsurugi and Kilik! In SC3 my main was Setsuka and I also used Zasalamel, Siegfried, Ivy, Tira and Mitsurugi! Setsuka was my main in SC4 too along with Mitsurugi, Hilde, Siegfried, Ivy, Zas, Yun and Tira...! But Setsuka is my baby I like everything in her... her beauty, her fighting style... everything! I placed the second place in a tournament using her and I was very happy! In SC5 my mains are Mitsurugi, Siegfried, Ivy, Patroklos and Xiba but my beloved Setsuka was replaced by Patroklos ( α Patroklos) and this was bad for me... but her fighting style was still available in the game... so I created her in creation mode! Now I'm looking forward for her come back in the future Soul games! But I will gladly want to learn a new style from a new character!

Last edited:
Algol, because he is by far the coolest looking character that uses the sickest weapons.

Visually no one can deny Algol is the coolest.

I picked him cuz hes such a G, in the end it doesn't really matter since you can be good with anyone.

Algol, because he is by far the coolest looking character that uses the sickest weapons.

Visually no one can deny Algol is the coolest.

I picked him cuz hes such a G, in the end it doesn't really matter since you can be good with anyone.
I liked Algol's design more in SCV then in SCIV lol

Back