Why the hate?

Kilik_21

[08] Mercenary
It's come to my attention that Kilik isn't a much liked character. This is upsetting because since Sc1 on the dreamcast he's always been my favorite. I thought i wud post this in Kilik's forum as i wud probably get the biggest following from here. Now u can say that he gets used alot by noobs as they spam 66A,A Or WS,B and not following up with 66B. But come on people when u get a decent Kilik come along he's just the same as all the rest of the characters. I mean anyone can play online or offline and spam with any Char. It's up to the user to decide how they play. I'd like to see just how many Kilik haters and lovers are out there. So this thread is open to ANYONE with any opinion about Kilik. So lets have it people.

Agreeable on some level but it's not the only broken move. Plus it's kinda cool with the GB. Nice and flashy

Kilik is the n00bies go to poke/range character, such as mitsu is their 50/50. Both characters have a large following of absolutely terrible players, but it's no secret at high level play they are extremely good B-A tiers characters.

Asuras fine :/

It's unsafe, doesn't aGi everything, and despite having TC and TJ properties you can stuff it with any mid kick or just wait and punish. There are far worse over powered tools in this game (fuck iMCF! combo range/dmg is fuckin absurd for something that makes everything a damn frame trap...and its SAFE!). I liken Asura to Street fighters Dragon Punch. It can get you out of a lot of scenarios, but if you guess wrong you get pwned. You can easily match the damage it deals on punish.

its because kiliks risk reward on things like 66b,1B,WR B, and JF asura are so stacked in his favor it becomes a chore to deal with

It's because people here don't know the difference between a good character and a broken character.

Well Kilik has very strong attributes. He has very good range and has command throws that have as much RO potential as Hilde's Doom combo. He also posses a few moves which specially online are readily abuseable, 66AA, 6A+B, MO A+B unblockable. Most of the people that you'll hear complaining about him are usually people who play online and cant really adapt to his spammable fighting style. Now offline he is still high tier and has skills like GB Asura which take ridiculous amounts of damage, aGI and ring out, but nevertheless if you study the match up he is not impossible to beat.

This is all true and i still point out that in my opinion is that Kilik is still a high tier character and fun and rewarding to use. Especially if you know how to use him. I have faced a few Kilik's online and i can honestly say that i have only faced 3 that i can say are "any good" the only one that has stood out for me was Martimouff On XBL. And all the rest have been fodder! Maybe i havn't seen or come across any of the "Top" players and belive me i wud really like to! I keep coming across scrubs and spammers. And it's soul destroying to see. So i have made it a mission to DESTROY THEM ALL MWWWAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Ahem.... excuse that little outburst.

I didn't read all of that, but a good Kilik is hard to come by. Referring to my previous post, it's a reason SU is the only American Kilik you see consistently placing high, especially when you consider FG players tend to flock to the supposedly 'easy and broken' characters.

Can i be forward and maybe a little out of place with this post. I was looking on youtube for SU. And come across a vid of him fighting a Maxi, he lost 3-0 And all i saw him do really was WS B 66B Now call me whatever or slag me down if u will but i watched him fight and i didn't see anything special that really stood out to me. Now maybe if i fought him then i wud probablyrealise but until then as far as i can tell or from what i seen, I dnt think he's anything special with Kilik.

By this post i mean no offence i am mearly stating my opinion. I don't want any backlash!

It's because people play too much online. They start complaining about kilik. Kilik's online are so easy to read too, they all took lessons from the same text book. 66B blocked into 1B etc.

Fact is Kilik is a hard character to play, if you don't have his FOTD down, you seriously lack any offensive presence that scares people. So he pretty much comes down to almost turtling and countering.

He can't punish for shit,46B 6AAA K at i13 do shit damage as block punishers.

Kilik is pretty much what I would call a counter character, he counters your shit if you let him. Although he has a lot of good tools, outside FOTD he can't really pressure you into a corner, his lows aren't that impressive either.

FOTD is actually a very easy move to do in practice, but being able to place that throw anywhere in a match makes kilik jump from good to straight up overpowered.
However, outside of that the style of play you have to adapt to play kilik successfully at high level, is just too demanding for most people.

Random Asura's don't work offline son, only well timed one's do lol. That random shit gets you killed quick.

I agree with the punishers. Or lack of anyway, and in saying he's a counter character is also how i was describing him to a mate the otherday. He's got a few quick counter hits, thats why i like him. I like to step more than block not to say i dnt block cause i do. But stepping verticals is faster and easier to get a hit in. I have started using 8_25 BB Alot cause it's got a nice sidestep and tracks nicely and is good for setting up either BP B or BP A.

Kilik_21 if you doubt SU amazing ability go to youtube and watch his fight against Omega. Now I honestly believe Omega was the best SC player in the world , he was a defensive savant and he got beat by him. If you still dont believe watch a couple of his older fights, maybe against RTD or some other people.

Ok i will do. As i sed i don't doubt the guy it's just the fight i saw really didn't stick out for me on a Top player level like eveyone keeps talking about, but i will check out those vids. I can't remember the tag for the Maxi he was fighting but his fighting with Kilik seemed a little basic i didn't see any use of MO or BP and unfortunatly his iFoTD Asura dance didn't come out. Thats what i like to see when i watch other Kilik's fight. Call me picky but am too much of a show off.

I will check them out. I wanna see his tru colours cause i've heard the hype about him, and when i saw the vid i was a little dissapointed. I am working on gettin my own vids up on here so when i get that sorted i'll put up links to them. I dnt think am a slouch with Kilik.

Fact is Kilik is a hard character to play, if you don't have his FOTD down, you seriously lack any offensive presence that scares people. So he pretty much comes down to almost turtling and countering.

He can't punish for shit,46B 6AAA K at i13 do shit damage as block punishers.

Kilik is pretty much what I would call a counter character, he counters your shit if you let him. Although he has a lot of good tools, outside FOTD he can't really pressure you into a corner, his lows aren't that impressive either.

FOTD is actually a very easy move to do in practice, but being able to place that throw anywhere in a match makes kilik jump from good to straight up overpowered.
However, outside of that the style of play you have to adapt to play kilik successfully at high level, is just too demanding for most people.

Random Asura's don't work offline son, only well timed one's do lol. That random shit gets you killed quick.

Pretty much sums up everything about Kilik except one point; Kilik kills step at midrange like CRAZY.

Ok i will do. As i sed i don't doubt the guy it's just the fight i saw really didn't stick out for me on a Top player level like eveyone keeps talking about, but i will check out those vids. I can't remember the tag for the Maxi he was fighting but his fighting with Kilik seemed a little basic i didn't see any use of MO or BP and unfortunatly his iFoTD Asura dance didn't come out. Thats what i like to see when i watch other Kilik's fight. Call me picky but am too much of a show off.

Dude, you're referring to an online match of him vs ATLR3dd, a Maxi user. First of all, online is TRASH to use as a gauge of skill. Second, this was a very old match, look at the date. SU wasn't nearly as good with Kilik then as he became a year later. Third and once again, online is TRASH! ATLR3dd got away with a lot of Maxi shenanigans online that Kilik would shut down easily offline. As a matter of fact, Kilik is Maxi's second hardest matchup, as long as the Kilik player is familiar with Maxi's moveset. So don't just look at one SU match, an online match at that, and form an early opinion about one of the greatest SC4 Kilik players in the world. You want good matches? Look for OFFLINE matches. Some I recommend but am too lazy to link right now, lol:

SU vs Thugish Pond in the game unicon tourney
SU vs RTD in the same tourney
SU vs anyone at SC4 nationals 2009

Once again, if you're gonna guage skill, PLEASE watch offline matches and not online matches.

Back