[Winnipeg, MB] Winnipeg soul embrace!

Schneider-X

[11] Champion
Hello, I'm going to make a new thread for a new era of Soulcalibur.

With the coming week being Soulcalibur V's release, I'm hoping interest is high and people will come out and support the game for those who haven't heard of us before. We are Winnipeg's central fighting game community and hold many tournaments numerous times of the year for all of your favourite fighters.

Check out our website for more details about future events, and introduce yourself on the forums! We welcome people of all skill levels to come out and have a good time.

http://www.chipdamage.com/

We will be having a Soulcalibur V launch tournament on the first Saturday after release at the U of M. Full details below.

20120112posterchpdmgscv.png

Winnipeg’s Namco and 3D fighter fans are in for a treat with next month’s release of the highly anticipated fighter Soul Calibur 5. With that in mind, Chip Damage is proud to announce Winnipeg’s first Soul Calibur 5 tournament held on February fourth at the U of Manitoba GSA Lounge! Like all of our launch tournaments, the Chip Damage Soul Calibur 5 Launch tournament will have free entry. Our tournament rules are still largely the same as they have been for similar games in the past:
  • All tournament matches are to be held on the Sony PlayStation 3
  • Prizes (to be announced) are awarded to the top three competitors
  • Double elimination tournament bracket
  • Matches are best two of three with rounds running best of five
  • As of this post, no characters aside from custom characters are currently banned*
* We realize that Dampierre is a pre-order bonus so if he cannot be obtained through means other than a game pre-order, he will most likely be banned. Stay tuned for more on that as the game launch comes closer.
For details on all our tournament rules please visit our forums post here. Feel free to take part in the community discussion about this event on our forums. Doors open at 1:00 for casuals and the tournament starts at 4:00. As usual, you can register at the venue on the day of the tournament. Details are subject to change, so make sure to check back again in the coming weeks!
Everyone is welcome and we hope to see you there!

I hope that anyone interested will check out the event and become a member of our growing community. We play almost all fighting games, so even if you don't like SC that much there's bound to be someone to play with at one of our weekly gatherings or at one of our events.

Here are the results and the Winner's, Loser's, and Grand finals videos from our launch tournament!

1st. Anthony M
2nd. Jason L
3rd. Jules R
4th. Nick T
T5th.Curtis M, Branden K
T7th Tyler S, Ricardo C
T9th Steffan F, Jericho U, Stuart D, Lee G
T13th. David H, Ian S, Tyler L, Justin R
T17th. Matty S, Marvin D, Paul P, Kiefer M, Helina L

If you're in the area, PNP Games portage is hosting a SCV tournament this weekend. Come out and support them!

Our bi-weekly streaming event, Fight Night Infinity will be holding a special 8-man tournament of our current best players for SCV. Tune in at 8:30 pm CST to find out who is truly worthy of the Swag Edge!

http://twitch.tv/chipdamage

Here's the results from our March 2 Battle tournament. The SFxTk Challonge bracket got messed up due to an error in registration.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

1. Lovell
2. Branden
3. Tyler

SoulCalibur V

1. Jason
2. Anthony
3. Jules

Super Street Fighter 4

1. Kiet
2. Rain
3. Lovell

King of Fighters 13

1. Jericho
2. Steffan
3. Tyler

Street Fighter X Tekken

1. Jericho
2. Jo
3. Lovell

Thank you to everyone that came out!

See the rest of the match videos on our youtube channel!
http://www.youtube.com/user/ChipDamage1#g/u

I am considering going to toryuken but I'm not sure if any others are planning to go. It'll be based on how flexible my summer student job is.

Hey guys, K-MAC here! Otherwise known as the guy in Winnipeg who played Viola before she hit like a truck *puts on hipster glasses*

Long time lurker, first time poster on the forums. Even though I'm relatively new to the 3D scene, I'll contribute in any way I can.

Hey Guys, Andy here. We have a pretty active FG scene in Winnipeg, and our 3D fighters is right up there too. We have a growing scene, especially for 3D fighters, and Soul Calibur 5 has brought some great new talent to our ranks.

So if you are new to the series, or a veteran I'm sure you will find that the Soul still burns in Winnipeg. We welcome newcomers of all skill so don't be shy. Introduce yourself here, or on our mainsite: www.chipdamage.com/forum or feel free to just stop in (address, directions, and any other questions you may have are on the site). We meet every Friday.

Thanks and talk to you soon,
Andy

Hey thanks Jason for doing the tutorial thingy today. And thanks for helping with those Yoshimitsu things. My next question, after learning to use 214+A more, would be "how do I know when alpha Patroklos is going to do a high attack?" Is that something more based on the player, or is there certain moves to look out for that the high comes after? Or even like you showed us earlier: block the first hit, tech crouch the second? I guess I can try in the training mode, but I don't really remember what moves Curtis was using...

Its a bit of both honestly. I'm not sure how early 214A's tech crouch window is, but I think its more for anticipation of a high. Most character's fast step killing moves are highs in the game, so if you think they'll try to kill step use 214A.

After you become more familiar with a character's movelist, you'll start to identify what each string will lead to. You could probably use FC 3K as the move for interrupting strings, since it'll crouch alot faster I think.

Here's the footage I recorded from the tournament.

1. Lovell
2. Kiefer
Last. Bmike

Soulcalibur V
1. Jason
2. Anthony
3. Andy

Shoutouts to Andy for leveling up and beating Tyler!

Thanks for recording the matches. Congratulations to the winners, Jason and Anthony. That wasn't my best match, but watching it again, it's better than I remembered it at least. I clearly didn't know enough about Xiba so of course I went into the lab on that. Hopefully I'm not so free next time. GGs

Hey guys, Baselan 23 is this weekend.

Baselan-23-Poster-small-3.jpg

Baselan 23 is this weekend, and it’s going to be the biggest yet, with tons of great games and prizes over 3 days of nonstop, action packed, body odor filled, computer fan humming goodness!
Of course, you can count Chip Damage to be there running your favorite fighting game tournaments such as, Street Fighter X Tekken, Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. We were lucky enough to get FocusAttack to provide us with some amazing prizes.

And if, by some off chance, you are unable to make it. We have you covered. Yes that’s right, Chip Damage will be live streaming the entire tournament, from Street Fighter to Marvel. You can check it out at the usual place, http://live.chipdamage.com.

You can find full details about our part in Baselan 23 below and join the discussion by clicking here. If you want to know more about the PC side, check out AYB’s official Baselan discussion by clicking here.
Hit the jump for details…
EVENT DETAILS
https://www.facebook.com/events/197802013659563/
DATE:​
May 11 – 13, 2012
360 Cockburn St. North, Winnipeg, MB
OFFICIAL TOURNAMENTS
  • StarCraft 2 (PC)
  • League of Legends (PC)
  • Battlefield 3 (PC)
  • Team Fortress 2 (PC)
  • Super Street Fighter 4 AE2012(PS3)
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (PS3)
  • Street Fighter x Tekken (PS3)
SIDE TOURNAMENTS
  • BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
  • King of Fighters XIII
  • Soul Calibur V
PRIZE DISTRIBUTION
Sponsored by Focusattack.com and many other companies
FORMAT
Super Street Fighter IV AE2012 (PS3)
SATURDAY 4:30pm
  • Double elimination tournament
  • 2 out of 3 games per match
  • 3 out of 5 games per winners/losers/grand finals
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (PS3)
SATURDAY 7:00pm
  • Double Elimination Tournament
Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3)
SATURDAY 2:00pm
  • 2v2 Team Tournament
LIVE STREAM
(www.live.chipdamage.com) Hosted by:
Sponsored by:
ADMISSION:
Gold Pass ($35 in advance, $40 at the door)
  • Seat in the PC and Console areas (bring own controller for console)
  • Entry into both console and PC official tournaments.
  • Entry into all Bri-vents, Minute to Win It and Heavy Metal Musical Chairs.
Silver Pass $20 (pre-registration is not needed)
  • Seat in the console area only (bring your own controller).
  • Entry into console official tournaments.
  • Entry into all Bri-vents, Minute to Win It and Heavy Metal Musical Chairs
  • NOT eligible for network play on PC side
Spectator Pass $5 (pre-registration is not needed)
  • Entry to watch the event.
  • Entry into Bri-vents, Minute to Win It and Heavy Metal Musical Chairs.
  • A spectator pass is needed for people attending the event and just ‘watching’. This includes girlfriends, boyfriends, friends, etc. We have to implement this due to the limited space we have.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTORS (Console Side)
  • Duong Phu (ultra_nYo)
  • Matt Lehotsky (ckasady)
http://www.chipdamage.com/2012/05/08/baselan23/

Come out if you can and check out our stream at http://live.chipdamage.com if you can't. Hope to see everybody out there!

Thanks for extending the group to all of Canada, I've joined the group now and will tell other members in our community to join as well :)

Also this is a bit late but here are the tournament results from Baselan.

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

1. Shane
2. Merlin
3. Norman
4. Duong
T5. Steffan, Rain
T7. Stu, Tyler
T9. David, Jo, Matt, Jules
T13. Kiet, Akida, Jericho

Super street fighter 4:Arcade Edition 2012

1. Shane
2. Jericho
3. Kiet
4. Rain
T5. BMike, Chad
T7. Lovell, Eissan
T9. Merlin, Norman, Sandeep, Matty
T13. Jo, Akida, David, Tyler
T17. Jules, Bryson, Ritchie, Karel, Matt, Robin, Steffan, Russel
T25. Eric H, Bobby, Kyle, Marvin, Stephen.Bob, Craig, Curtis, Kieffer

1. Jericho
2. Branden
3. BMike
4. Erick
T5. Lovell, Akida
T7. Sandeep, Tyler
T9. James, Matt, Rain, Matty
T13. Jules, Andrew, Steffan, Merlin
T17. Eric H, Russel, Kiefer, Jo, Norman, Ritchie, Karel, Stu
T25. Pot monster, David

Street Fighter x Tekken

1. Pad Warriors(Lovell, Akida)
2. Timeout(Curtis, Jo)
3. R(Russel, Robin)
huh.gif
(Richie, Bryson)
T5. Saskascrubs(Norman, Merlin), eSports(Kyle, Craig)
T7. Money INC(Steffan, James), MK Champs(David, Tyler)

Soul Calibur 5

1. Jason
2. Jules
3. Branden
4. Tyler
T5. David, Steffan
T7. Curtis, Keiffer
T9. Akida, James, Stu, Marvin

Skullgirls

1. Keifer
2. Jules
3. Branden
4. Steffan
T5. Stu, James
T7. Curtis, Norman
T9. Jason

Mortal Kombat 9

1. Merlin
2. Tyler
3. Steffan
4. David
T5. Shane, Jason
T7. James, Norman
T9. Akida, Jo, Curtis, Karel

Blazblue

1. Jason
2. Branden
3. Keifer
4. Stu
T5. Andy, Jo
T7. James, Richie
T9. Marvin

King of Fighters 13

1. Jericho
2. James
3. Branden
4. Tyler
T5. Matty, Steffan
T7. Curtis, Keiffer
T9. Jules, David, Stu, Norman
T13. Karel, Andy, Jason

Super Street Fighter 4 Teams

1. JknYo204(Shane, Jericho, Duong)
2. Rape(James K, Lovel, Rain)
3. Saskascrubs(Normna, Merlin, BMike)
4. Grime(David, Steffan, Tyler)
T5. New Blodd 3(Keifer, Mackenzie, Jules), ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ (Karel, Matty, Eissan)
T7. Too Random (Izzy, Andrew, Mike),
huh.gif
(Bryson, Richie, Robin)
T9. eSports(Kyle, Craig, Akida), Drunk Rudy (Rudy, Chris, Seabass), Secretly Amazing (James H, Curtis)

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 teams

1. Grand finals(Lovell, Kiefer, Branden)
2. Stuart exp. feat Mackenzie (Stu, Mackenzie, BMike)
3. Grime (David, Tyler, Steffan)
4. JknYo204(Jericho, Shane, Duong)
T5. Here comes a new challenger(Jules, James), Saskascrubs(Merlin, Norman, Matty)
T7. Threesome(Rain, Akida, Andrew)

King of Fighters 13 teams

1. Feed the Beast (Tyler, Jericho, Steffan)
2. Lets upset Tyler(Branden, Stu, Keifer)
3. Ikari Warriors (Karel, Matty, Curtis)
4. DK2 (Andy, David, Richie)
T5. Old men(Norman, Shane, Duong), Graphic T(James, Rain, Jules)

We'll also be holding a charity tournament on June 16, with all proceeds going towards the Children's hospital! Come check it out and support a good cause. :)

Venue
Churchill Park United Church
525 Beresford Ave
Winnipeg, MB R3L 1J4

It will take place inside the gym. In case any of you are wondering, we will not be the only ones in the church as there will be high school kids from Morden coming in for the Manitoba Marathon the next day.

There will be a waiver that you will need to sign upon entering the venue. THIS INCLUDES SPECTATORS. Similar to BaseLan. If you are under 18, you will require a parent or guardian to sign.

Here's the current lineup along with the scheduled times. Please be aware that this is all subject to change.

King of Fighters XIII: 2:00 pm
Skullgirls: 3:30 pm
Super Street Fighter II Turbo: 3:30 pm
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 2012: 4:00 pm
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3: 6:30 pm
Soul Calibur V: 6:30 pm
Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend: 8:00 pm
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown: 8:00 pm

Entry fees for each game are 5$ a pop. All proceeds will be going towards the Children's Hospital.

Hey here is the results for the charity tournament we had.

http://chipdamage.com/forums/index.php/topic,709.msg11402.html#new

We also have the official announcement and details for our summer tournament so check them out below!

Date: August 11th - 12th, 2012

It's official. The big one is coming. "That Summer Tournament" aka TST is back! We still have a lot to announce but we wanted to get that date out there so you guys have a lot of time to prepare. Mark it down on your calendars. Book that time off. Tell all your friends. We want to make this one our biggest and we need you to make it possible.

We're doing some heavy discussion behind the scenes for the next couple weeks so expect info to be revealed earlier than usual but it is definitely time to get hype!

Please check out the event thread for more details.

http://8wayrun.com/threads/aug-11-2012-tst-7-bigger-than-ever-winnipeg-manitoba.13978/

TST7 update!

TST 7 is an official Canada Cup 2012 Team Canada Wildcard Qualifier! The qualifier will be part of the AE2012 tournament that is happening at TST 7. This is open to Canadian players only (sorry to any of the US states coming by). More details will come soon, but I think that pretty much covers that.

TST 7 is now sponsored by PNP Games and Strata Studios! Strata Studios will be supplying us with a special event at the tournament. It's gonna be pretty awesome! If you guys don't know who Strata Studios are; they are the guys who made those sweet Canada Cup vids and the documentary "100Yen".

Back