Would you still support SCV after next game comes out?

Would you still support SCV after next game comes out?

• Yes

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 59.3%

• Total voters
You didn't specify SC6. Could be another SC card game/non fighter.... and i'm sticking with SC5 until SC6 shows up.

I left SCIV as soon as SCV came out. I might do the same. Besides, I've had SCV for over 3 years already; GIVE ME SOMETHING NEW, DAMMIT!!

It will end up just like every previous installment. Might have a side tournament here and there later on... if people actually wanted it. But, I'll be on SC6.

Maybe SCV will be the Melee of the Soul Series...

Tournaments still supported Super Smash Bros. Melee for years, even after the release off two more entries in the Smash series and a fan-made mod of Brawl.

Perhaps if the next entry of the Soul Series isn't as tournament friendly, they could still support SCV.

I doubt it. SCV is a solid game but it's just a transition point in the series at best imo. I think people like it but I doubt too many people are really attached to it like SC2 or 3.

SC2 will be the Melee of SC forever.

Well, if we take a look at the IV-V transition, people in large part went on to the new game. And why not? The publisher enticed them with DLCs, better graphics, new and improved Creation capabilities, better online where they don't have to avoid using certain moves (lag tactics and stuff)... scII hd online was a step back not because it went back to a classic from a bygone age, but because its online was a major disappointment. How many people on your friend list are playing that game nowadays...?

My point being, it's only natural that people migrate to a new game if it provides just enough satisfaction.

SC's always been extra hard on people who want to migrate around the various games since they shake up the movelists obsessively. I'd be more inclined to play SC2 if it didn't mess with my SCV play. That more than the busted online led to me virtually dropping it. Going into a sidewinder when I really just wanted to 2kB with Maxi in SCV is maddening.

If SCVI turn to be shit yes. I love SCV and if the last game is worst I will keep playing. I still play DOA4 because I find DOA5 boring. So I can do the same with SCV.

I second WuHT's comment.

This happened when SCV was released. I simply liked 5 so much and i put my skills into it so much that i didn't go back to IV and i'm pretty sure that it will happen when/if they release VI anytime soon.

Back