WS B+K Thread

Uber1337

[10] Knight
Time to level up Maxi some more. I find that I (and probaly You) don't use this move nearly enough. It's safe, damaging, and evasive. Its pretty well known that WS B+K could be used to punish Pyrrha's 66B BE, but more research must be done on other application for this move. This thread is going to be a match-up specific breakdown of WS B+K usage against common set-ups. If anybody has anything to add to this, let me know and i'll add it to the list.

Alpha Patrokolos:

Aeon:

Algol:

Astaroth:

Cervantes:

Dampierre:

Devil Jin:

Ezio:

Hilde:

Ivy:

Leixa:

Maxi:

Mitsurugi:
- 2KB: If you block 2K, WS B+K evades the B and punishes. 2KB BE will interupt Maxi with second hit.

Natsu:

Nightmare:
-3B: Beats NSS A and B. Beats NSS K from about 1 character length out or more, but is caught if any closer. NSS A+B trades (Maxi deals more damage on trade).
-33B~GS: iWS B+K beats everything except WS A
-66K~GS: iWS B+K beats everything on block.
-4BB: WS B+K after first hit is blocked will evade and punish second hit
-4KK/4KK BE: WS B+K after first hit punishes, BE or not.

Patrokolos:

Pyrrha:
-66B BE: WS B+K after first hit will evade and punish second hit

Pyrrha Omega:

Raphael:

Siegfried:
-3{B}~SCH: iWS B+K beats all follow-ups except ~SRSH K. Must be quick with execution to get around SCH K from up close. Note: Sieg can do 3B then step to get around WS B+K if you are too predictable.

Tira:

Viola:

Voldo:

Xiba:
-3B: If Xiba does anything but plain 3B, WS B+K beats and punishes everything. Xiba can do plain 3B and be able to interupt WS B+K.

Yoshimitsu:
-DF series: So you know how you can duck when Yoshi is in DF and stand for the B, and hopefully sidestep in time for the SDF B UB. Well Maxi can just duck for the K, then do WS B+K if he sees the DF B or SDF B. Punishes DF A, DF B, SDF B, and SDF A. Screw your mix-up Yoshi, and screw safe DF B, we punish you know matter what.

Z.W.E.I.:

Siegfried :
3{B} : beats anything in SCH except guard
I didn't find any offensive option for him than doing 3B, then punish maxi while he is stepping (reminder 3B is -20)
The timing is a bit tight to dodge SCH K though

Ofc you have to be in range of WS B+K :P

WS B+K works best when at disadvantage, so after attacks like LO A, LO K, 2A, 2B etc blocked. WS B+K is a viable followup. I use this move a lot personally. As for countering strings, it's a work in progress.

Not much about countering strings either, but I usually set up WS B+K after 44K, post 66B>LI A knockdown, if the distance is ok.
Go straight into cancel sometimes for pressure and mixups.

I forsure dont use this move enough. I can get 5 matches in and think to my self. "oh yeah WS B+K". Why is this move so forgettable to me? It evades has BL mix ups. This move is easily one of maxis top 5 moves.

Ill give my favorite.

WSB+K, BL K BE, w!, A+B, 4B LOBK,1K...136 damage. But you have to almost be dead nuts straight with the wall before BL K comes out.

**updated with a few new finds. The counter to Yoshi DF series is particularly interesting.

WSB+K, BL K BE, w!, A+B, 4B LOBK,1K...136 damage. But you have to almost be dead nuts straight with the wall before BL K comes out.
Why not use WS B+K, BL KK BE, W!, a+bG, RC AB BE, LI A?
I haven't tried either yet, but a+bG sounds more damaging. =/

WSB+Kg~RO......

I used to LOVE LIBgRO mix ups in SC4. I just started playing with this last night. The cancel and RO input all have to be really fast in order for it to work. But I just dont see it being very good.

Thoughts?

HRD

its not that great. It just doesn't make sense being there. I want to cancel after I charge LI B in their face and they start thinking about stepping or GIing. Why would I want to cancel when I just sidestepped their move and am about to punish them for 75 damage? Its just too hard to set up and you risk missing big damage by cancelling.

That cancel is WAAAY too fast. I still like it, cuz a cancel is still a cancel. I'll do something in neutral like throw, which may net you a right side throw for mucho damage if they tech wrong :)

That cancel is WAAAY too fast. I still like it, cuz a cancel is still a cancel. I'll do something in neutral like throw, which may net you a right side throw for mucho damage if they tech wrong :)

If they tech wrong from where?

What's Yoshis's DF? Dragon Fly?

from the throw, I don't think BL K BE if fully guaranteed vs everyone. I myself am not sure of which direction they have to go, but somebody did a test for it and posted who it works on, and who can tech. Just gotta find it

Is WS B+K really safe? I've used it and felt it was always unsafe. Do I have to PSL into a diff stance to block fast?

it's bs-10 so that means pretty much only natsu can punish with AA, however BL A will counter her AA :)
So yeah it's damn safe

Nice, ty for the info.
Lately I've been doing WS B+KG RO A...K(BE) to track people that may tech roll or something after I do a move that leave me in crouch. Lovely little combo that has been nailing quite a few people online. Sometimes it wiffs but I'm still playing with it.

Back