xbox issues

oddmusician

[08] Mercenary
Does anybody have any helpful hints for playing on the xbox? I feel like a complete noob when using the xbox controller. Often when I try to push down, i get a diagonal instead, and I feel so slow on the slide inputs...

I don't think this belongs here...

Still, I'm a d-pad user myself and the 360's is horrible because of those... intermediate directions. On top of the, the SF4 fight pads are the same way. I know many 360 pad users use the analog stick, though, so maybe that would help you.

Hey i use the street fighter pad for setsuka and thats perfect, very easy to do JF Umbrellas etc etc...

No!!! That thing is horrible! It's so bulky! It's horrible for HC motions, too. -.-;

I think it's...just all right! The PS2/PS1 had the BEST d-pads ever! Though it simply may because I don't get to play fighting games as much as I did back home, I used to be able to do DHC motions in reaction to people jumping with the PS2 and DC d-pads.

Other than that, 360's dpad is horribad...and I have huge hands.

ive never had a problem really with the dpad on 360. just like anything else it just takes some practice to get used too. i switched over to stick, then tried to play on the pad again and was lost :)

solution1:
Go get yourself built with a multi platform custom stick.. assuming the transition works out.. you should be laughing.. ^_^ ..until u realise you've just forked out $$$ for a controller.. >_<

Solution2:
only plausable if you're a great fan of the ps2 ds2 pad.. but go for this baby from ebay... the seller is from Korea, but your orders comes within a week.. and its intact by the time it gets to you... make no mistakes you will be kissing your xbox pads goodbye.. ...and will be so glad you kept your PS2 Pads ^_~

I was so happy with mine that I've actually got two of them now.. ^_^

Only disadv with these is that you need an 'official' xbox usb device.. & no, u cant use the wireless pad with the usb cable. You can however use any other devices.. such as 3rd party, cheapo madcatz pads.. or even the guitar hero ..um.. guitars..

Ive also recently discovered that this device actually works on ps3s too.. obviously sans the 'official' pad verification thingy.. which, if you look at this properly.. means that my ps2 pad can potentially cross platform too.. & if i decide to get something like a HRAP 2 for the PS2.. i essentially get a decent quality multi-platform stick.. at a fraction of the price! haha! ^_^

..hope this helped..

Lost-you are correct this should go elsewhere but i play setsuka almost exclusively so i put it here, sorry.

...sorry, just checked and the link i provided isnt valid anymore..

..here's the updated one..

...its joytron xconverter360

..best thing that's ever happened to the xbox console.. ^_^

I agree the Xconverter 360 really is the best thing that happened to xbox I use whenever I don't have my mic which is rarely so I'm looking into a wireless mic now. Also every button that works on 360 works on the PS2 controller even the Guide button works on it.

so what most of you are saying is that you'd rather pay money for a converter or some way to not use the controller than get used to it or find some way to make it do what you want to?
man that's kind of discouraging haha

oddmusician just give it some time and practice and see what happens. it's really not that bad. you just need to break the dpad in real good then your good to go. a newer controller dpad is always really stiff but after some use it will loosen up.

haha! well.. besides known players such as NoFacekiller (who actually NEEDED a converter to use an XBOX pad on a PS3 for a recent offline tourney.. >_< lol!) ...a majority of decent sc4 players on my XBL FL exclusively plays on the official xbox pad.. even Ivy players that are fully SS/CS capable. So it is technically possible to use the somewhat convoluted contraption.

However, for people like me who's ALWAYS played on the PS2 for this series.. & only went for the xbox option since the PS3's pricetag was too ridiculus at the time. Not to mention the cheapass pricetag of the converter...

The choice for us is a no-brainer.

Why should we cripple ourselves with a pad that was never truly geared towards games like this when there are clearly better options?

And I would like to again re-iterate this:

Ive also recently discovered that this device actually works on ps3s too.. obviously sans the 'official' pad verification thingy.. which, if you look at this properly.. means that my ps2 pad can potentially cross platform too.. & if i decide to get something like a HRAP 2 for the PS2.. i essentially get a decent quality multi-platform stick.. at a fraction of the price! haha! ^_^

...Multi-platform HRAP for a fraction of the price anyone? ^_~

& did I mention that this device has virtually NO LAG INPUT?

LOL! in anycase, Its always up to the individual with this... but I can easily assume that if the person comes straight from a Playstation background.. he/she'll take this 'easier' option.

hmmm.. with me 'plugging' this device like this to everyone.. I should contact the seller for some commission! o_0 haha!

so what most of you are saying is that you'd rather pay money for a converter or some way to not use the controller than get used to it or find some way to make it do what you want to?
man that's kind of discouraging haha

...yes, for some of us.. the xbox pad is REALLY THAT BAD. =/

I've tried getting used to it, modding it (..adding plastic plate under the dpad, filing off the rim of the dpad etc) & even gave the streetfighter 4 fightpad a go! NONE WAS SUITABLE FOR ME.. =(

..the xconverter360 was the only solution that actually worked for me.. short of forking out more moneyz for the stick options.. which isnt going to happen soon.. being the family guy that I am... =_=

However, It might be different for yourself... good luck! ^_^

i saw some photos of a future MS pad with dpad convertible from the circle to just directions like dualshock.

Dunno how much it will cost and when it'll be officially released but for sure it'll cost more than standard one .-.

hmmm.. I think i know that one..

I think it might end up as a major fail for me though:

• Dpad is still in the wrong place for me.. i like it up top where the analogue stick is.. but thats just my own preferences. so meh.. =/

• Taking out the colours of the buttons might open up a whole can o' worms.

• Since it doesn't get shipped with new consoles by default... Its clearly just another moneymaking scheme by moneysoft.. >_<

Still, I'll keep my mind open if/when I try this.. it MIGHT be worth it, but I won't go out of my way to get myself one.. I'm already content with my PS2 & keyboard setup thank you very much.. =P

Guys did you read my post? Buy the Street Fighter pad, it is THE perfect pad for Setsuka...i use it and JF Umbrellas are a joke with this one...

...assuming you used the SF4 Fightpad for .. ..you weren't kidding with the easy JF Umbrellas.. >_< lol!

Its weird tho, I spent a gud amount of 3 months just trying to use the ken Fightpad that i had.. & i couldn't for the life of me get the same consistency with HCF/QCF/DP motions as i do with the PS2 pad.. & the button layout was getting on my nerves too.. =_=

ah well.. each to their own i guess.. =/

I got to say though that the match was epicness.. well played both u & kalas.. ^_~

Oh man dont remind me on that match :) I did my homework afterwards, next time im well be prepared for X, but thanks anyway...its strange it took my a few days with the SF Pad but from then on my execution got better and better all the time. Especially Halfcircles...i absolutely love this pad for setsuka, also i found a button layout that just is perfect for her...so i cant complain :)

Back