Xianghua Matchup Chart

tiggerkiddo

[09] Warrior
Now...I'm sure you already know what this is about but if not, this is basically a simple chart where we (Aka people who know what they're talking about in regards to X) rate the matchups for X. If you don't have much tournament experience or not much experience playing other people period (Who are good)...then this topic isn't for you. If you want to go into details(Like if you need help in a matchup)...use the other thread. I'll only give my opinion on matchups I have actually played (Which is not many). Rate the matchup from 1 to 10. 10 being utterly winnable and 1...not.

http://www.8wayrun.com/f46/chai-xianghua-matchups-t1740/

Algol
Amy-5
Astaroth-6
Cassandra-6
Cervantes-6
Darth Vader
Hilde-4
Ivy-5
Kilik-4
Lizardman-5
Maxi-6
Mitsurugi-4
Nightmare-5
Raphael-6
Rock-6
Seong Mi-Na-5
Setsuka-5
Siegfried-5
Sophitia-5
Taki-5
Talim-7
The Apprentice-6
Tira
Voldo-4
Xianghua-5
Yoda
Yoshimitsu-5
Yun-seong-6
Zasalamel-5

Have fun...and keep it civil but I think we're quite civil here...<3

Yo, I'm Khent. I play Seong Mi-na.

We over at the Mi-na forums haven't figured out an exact number for Mi-na versus Xianghua yet, but we're leaning on a 6:4 in Xianghua's favor. Seems like she has tools to compete with Mi-na's mid ranged stuff, an i11 punisher that works well since Mi-na is relatively unsafe, and 44B which can bait quite a few of Mi-na's ranged moves into getting snuffed.

P.S. - Yooooo Serge!

EDIT: I just read the first post again and it sounds like I should've posted this in the other matchups thread. Sorry mods.

Don't worry...I think I will just keep matchup discussion in this thread. If people are asking for help in dealing with a matchup, THEN they can go to the other thread.

Just like every other version, X's safeness gives Cervantes a very hard time. This is one of his very few bad matchups. It's not a one sided landslide, but it's annoying when X is in my face and I can't punish her.

Glad to know there is some agreement...

Alas I don't have much insight on Tira, anyone have a decent idea on that matchup? I plan to look into it myself but someone who has played a good Tira could chime in. That goes for Bubbles, Yoda and Vader as well.

hi there i'm a french X player since sc2 and i want to correct this chart a bit :

X vs Lizardman : 6 nothing to be afraid of and the low throw or 8B totally break crawl stance...
X vs setsu : 4 maybe 3 Sets has a better zoning better dmg output and betters throws... the only advantage X have over her is her speedy step... Umbrella can punish almost every move of X and every of her low's except 11A... Setsuka 4A is awesome against rushing X coz her's every long range move where beat by that (66A is a H, and 66B is too slow, 66K will often be too short..) so she can spam 4A awesome pushback and neat 95 around dmg when touch in CH...

hi there i'm a french X player since sc2 and i want to correct this chart a bit :

X vs Lizardman : 6 nothing to be afraid of and the low throw or 8B totally break crawl stance...
X vs setsu : 4 maybe 3 Sets has a better zoning better dmg output and betters throws... the only advantage X have over her is her speedy step... Umbrella can punish almost every move of X and every of her low's except 11A... Setsuka 4A is awesome against rushing X coz her's every long range move where beat by that (66A is a H, and 66B is too slow, 66K will often be too short..) so she can spam 4A awesome pushback and neat 95 around dmg when touch in CH...

i agree about Lizzy but there is NO WAY Sets has better throws than X. she might not even have better damage output, i'd say its about the same. X has the speed to keep up with Sets and better mixups in my opinion.

Hmmm someone correct me if I'm wrong but Sets throw range doesn't seem as good as X's. And X has a pretty good throw game.

Hmmm someone correct me if I'm wrong but Sets throw range doesn't seem as good as X's. And X has a pretty good throw game.

X seems to have a slight edge in throw range i think. i think X's throw game is one of the strongest in the game. her damage output from some throws or wall throw combos is insane.

What is it that makes Xianghua v. Talim a 7/3 for X? It feels more like a 6:4 for X at most.

And ShenYuan, is Astaroth really advantaged over X? Never played the matchup so I'm curious.

i'm not sure i'm seeing the 4:5 in kilik's favor. i think this matchup is about even.

--damage-wise, kilik has command throw into asura, of course, and standard combos off of wsB and 22B and MO B hurt. but not a whole lot more than x's 2_85B, 44AA, 66B+K.
--she outspeeds him up close, and arguably out-evades him as well. throw range is about equal, and x's lows are arguably better.
--even at long range, as long as X has even a little bit of life advantage, she has the means to counter or evade pretty much anything kilik can throw at her.
--asura? x has plenty of good ways to deal with it. 66k in anticipation, 4A+B auto GI on second and third hit, etc. etc.

stuff that x has problems with are: 4A+B (tracks, spaces, SG damage, damage), 1B (used properly, this can make life really hard for her). also, ringout range. but on the other hand, her 44b gets her out of a lot of shit--bb, 2a, 1_3a+b. her aK is relatively fast, tech crouches, tech jumps, and has the option to go to SXS. her 66A has a lot more range that most people give it credit for.

this matchup's been 5:5 practically since the beginning of the series. the only difference is that now X is the one who has to pull out most of her moves to win, while kilik's the five move whore. somewhere the designers of sc2 are having a good laugh about this.

Astaroth vs Xianghua is 6:4 for Astaroth, not 6:4 for Xianghua, not a chance =)

You cant even compare the damage output, and he can actually zone her pretty well !
Well, just watch me play against Kayane, arguably one of the best (if not the best) Xiang in the world =)

I look forward to playing you saitoh. I believe that asta vs X is 6:4, but i've managed to narrow the gap with my strat. lets see if it works on you. im really interested.

and yes asta vs X is probaby her worst matchup imo.

After Cannes, im gonna give

Sieg 3.5

Setsuka 4

Ivy 4

Asta 4

Lol. ATM i feel that these are her worst matchups.

Im also confident that vs mitsu its a 5-5.

Xianghua's matchups!

Amy 5:5
Cassandra 5:5
Cervantes 6:4
Hilde 4:6
Ivy 3:7
Kilik 4.5:5.5
Lizardman 4:6
Maxi 6:4
Mina 5:5
Mitsurugi 5:5
Nightmare 5:5
Raphael 5:5
Rock 6:4
Setsuka 3:7
Siegfried 3:7
Sophitia 4:6
Taki 5:5
Talim 5:5
Tira 5:5
Voldo 4:6
Yoshimitsu 6:4
Yunseong 7:3
Zasalamel 3:7

Can you explain why you think Ivy is 3:7? I'm having huge troubles vs Ivy, and I neither know why or what I'm going to do about it.

For a matchup to be bad for Xianghua there are a few conditions to meet.

1. You do big damage.

2. Big throw punisher.

3. Out range her.

Ivy fits the bill for these three points.

Ivy's damage is really good for a poke based character. Her spacing game leads to excellent damage... and soul gauge damage. The problem about the ivy matchup is that its really not easy to get in to her. Its not wise to run up and block shit all the time to slowly inch your way in, because her soul gauge damage is soooo high. So the only way is to step and punish these attacks.. especially the verts. But X's whiff punishing is pretty high risk... if you want good reward to compel the opponent to think twice before throwing out the move. Baiting whiffs to step B and fC 3B is very risky business, thanks to things like wp 3A.... and CS/SS. EVen when X is in, things like CL 214B are soooo annoying. At range its hard for X to punish consistently. Also in order to beat CL 214B, X has to commit heavily to box stepping to ivy's weak side... and she has to step forward... so tis realyl risky. Another big problem is CL1B+K B which kills 1B+K and 44B for free... and both are key for escaping pressure... and soul gauge damage from ivy.

Back