Xianghua Movelist Analysis

Latest from Final Round & Ringout SF

Xianghua's Soul Charge Mode AB. No, it's not aB in past games. It's Xianghua's A into Faint.

Soul Charge Mode AB.gif

Xianghua's Soul Charge Mode 66B+KB is her 66B+K to her SCII 6B+K for really strong NC.

Xianghua Soul Charge Mode 66B+KB.gif

Last edited:
I don't think anyone's pointed this out yet, but her throw from SXS leads into 6B (but the 2nd hit of 6BB will whiff) and Critical Edge. I only ever saw Kayane do 6B and not 6BA so I don't know if 6BA is still in the game, but it would presumably lead into the same things.

I have yet to see Gue even once. Is it gone or is it just terrible now so nobody uses it, ever?

I don't think anyone's pointed this out yet, but her throw from SXS leads into 6B (but the 2nd hit of 6BB will whiff) and Critical Edge. I only ever saw Kayane do 6B and not 6BA so I don't know if 6BA is still in the game, but it would presumably lead into the same things.

I have yet to see Guei even once. Is it gone or is it just terrible now so nobody uses it, ever?

It's 4B now. Xianghua has a new 6B. The 6BA is trash because the A's range is bad and 6BB is also a NC that turns into launcher on CH.

The 2nd hit of SCVI's Xianghua 4BA is Mid again.

SXS entries is still trash except 4A+B aGI Lethal Hit after the 1st Hit.

Xianghua's new SXS throw aka her old command throw is +14.

Crybaby aka WD A+B is their of course and it's one of the ONLY moves that does Leixia DMG. WD A+B is ONLY good if you know you'll get the K.O.

The other move is CH AAB still doing 40 DMG. Xianghua use to do 49-50 DMG of CH AAB.

It's 4B now. Xianghua has a new 6B. The 6BA is trash because the A's range is bad and 6BB is also a NC that turns into launcher on CH.

The 2nd hit of SCVI's Xianghua 4BA is Mid again.

SXS entries is still trash except 4A+B aGI Lethal Hit after the 1st Hit.

Xianghua's new SXS throw aka her old command throw is +14.

Crybaby aka WD A+B is their of course and it's one of the ONLY moves that does Leixia DMG. WD A+B is ONLY good if you know you'll get the K.O.

The other move is CH AAB still doing 40 DMG. Xianghua use to do 49-50 DMG of CH AAB.
Ah, So 6BB is the one NC that's a mid into a launcher with wildly variable launch rate? Also, is it 4BB then for the 2nd hit that's a low? And does a 4BA variant exist?

Ah, So 6BB is the one NC that's a mid into a launcher with wildly variable launch rate? Also, is it 4BB then for the 2nd hit that's a low? And does a 4BA variant exist?

4BB which was Xianghua's old 6BB is now a NCC & 4BA is still a NCC and the 2nd hit is Mid again.

So like in SCV, 22_88B is the input for what was 25_85B in SCIV? And it seems to still go back on itself, right? I think I was the only one to use this tech in SCV since I hated moving back into verts that I just evaded, but can you still do a fast half-circle around to the opposite direction to keep your sidestep going the same way during the move? So, like, 223698B or 889632B?

Last edited:
So I'll be able to play a demo build in 5 days' time at Japan Expo. What are her BnB combos, mix-ups, pressure, etc.?

AA
CH AAB
Soul Charge AB(Xianghua's Standing A into her old aB)
CH Soul Charge AABB(Leixia's AA(BE) from SCV)
CH 3AK
3A2 ~ SXS
3A4 ~ LBHH(aGI's All Weapon Verticals)
3A8 ~ BHH(aGI's All High & Mid Weapon Horizontals & Verticals)

BBB(Last 2 Hits is Xianghua's old 6B+K)
BBK(Last Hit was Xianghua's old 11_77K from SCIII & SCIV)
6BA(New Move & the 2nd Hit ends with Xianghua's old 1A)
6BB(New Move)
CH 6BB ~ G ~ 3B+KK
6B2 ~ SXS
6B4 ~ LBHH(aGI's All Weapon Verticals)
6B8 ~ BHH(aGI's All High & Mid Weapon Horizontals & Verticals)
3B ~ 3B+KK(2nd Hit Can Whiff If Your Aren't In Close Range)
4B(Xianghua's old 6B)
CH 4BA
CH 4BB
WS B(SC II Version)
FC 3B ~ 3B+KK(2nd Hit Can Whiff If Your Aren't In Close Range)

6KA(Xianghua's old 33_99KA)
6K(A) ~ BHH(aGI's All High & Mid Weapon Horizontals & Verticals)
Soul Charge 6KBB(Last 2 Hits are Xianghua's old SCIII & SCIV 1BB)
FC 3K(Was Xianghua's WS K)
WS KB(Was Xianghua's 44KB from SCIII & SCIV)

A+B(Luna's 66B)
A+B2 ~ SXS
A+B4 ~ LBHH(aGI's All Weapon Verticals)
A+B8 ~ BHH(aGI's All High & Mid Weapon Horizontals & Verticals)
(A+B)
6A+B(aGI's All Weapon Verticals Causing a Lethal Hit)
6A+B(Lethal Hit) ~ 6(B+K) ~ 9KK
1A+B(Was Xianghua's 2A+B)
1a+bG ~ BT
4A+B(aGI's High & Mid Horizontals + Thrusting Verticals/Lethal Hits During the 1st Hit After aGI)
4(A+B) ~ SXS
2A+B(Was Xianghua's WS B from SCIV & Causes A Lethal Hit When aGI Low Horizontals)
2A+B(Lethal Hit) ~ 6(B+K) ~ 9KK
WD A+B
JMP A+B(Was Xianghua's FC A+B)
JMP (A+B) ~ SXS
2B+K
2(B+K) ~ SXS
BT B+K(Xianghua has a JF BT B+K after a low throw)

CH 66AB
66BB
CH 66BB ~ 6BB
22_88B ~ 3B+KK(2nd Hit Can Whiff If Your Aren't In Close Range)
66A+B(Was Xianghua's old 33_99B)
Soul Charge 66A+BB(Last Hit is Xianghua 66B+K)
66B+K
Soul Charge 66B+KB(2nd Hit is Xianghua's 6B+K from SCII)

AA
CH AAB
Soul Charge AB(Xianghua's Standing A into her old aB)
CH Soul Charge AABB(Leixia's AA(BE) from SCV)
CH 3AK
3A2 ~ SXS
3A4 ~ LBHH(aGI's All Weapon Verticals)
3A8 ~ BHH(aGI's All High & Mid Weapon Horizontals & Verticals)

BBB(Last 2 Hits is Xianghua's old 6B+K)
BBK(Last Hit was Xianghua's old 11_77K from SCIII & SCIV)
6BA(New Move & the 2nd Hit ends with Xianghua's old 1A)
6BB(New Move)
CH 6BB ~ G ~ 3B+KK
6B2 ~ SXS
6B4 ~ LBHH(aGI's All Weapon Verticals)
6B8 ~ BHH(aGI's All High & Mid Weapon Horizontals & Verticals)
3B ~ 3B+KK(2nd Hit Can Whiff If Your Aren't In Close Range)
4B(Xianghua's old 6B)
CH 4BA
CH 4BB
WS B(SC II Version)
FC 3B ~ 3B+KK(2nd Hit Can Whiff If Your Aren't In Close Range)

6KA(Xianghua's old 33_99KA)
6K(A) ~ BHH(aGI's All High & Mid Weapon Horizontals & Verticals)
Soul Charge 6KBB(Last 2 Hits are Xianghua's old SCIII & SCIV 1BB)
FC 3K(Was Xianghua's WS K)
WS KB(Was Xianghua's 44KB from SCIII & SCIV)

A+B(Luna's 66B)
A+B2 ~ SXS
A+B4 ~ LBHH(aGI's All Weapon Verticals)
A+B8 ~ BHH(aGI's All High & Mid Weapon Horizontals & Verticals)
(A+B)
6A+B(aGI's All Weapon Verticals Causing a Lethal Hit)
6A+B(Lethal Hit) ~ 6(B+K) ~ 9KK
1A+B(Was Xianghua's 2A+B)
1a+bG ~ BT
4A+B(aGI's High & Mid Horizontals + Thrusting Verticals/Lethal Hits During the 1st Hit After aGI)
4(A+B) ~ SXS
2A+B(Was Xianghua's WS B from SCIV & Causes A Lethal Hit When aGI Low Horizontals)
2A+B(Lethal Hit) ~ 6(B+K) ~ 9KK
WD A+B
JMP A+B(Was Xianghua's FC A+B)
JMP (A+B) ~ SXS
2B+K
2(B+K) ~ SXS
BT B+K(Xianghua has a JF BT B+K after a low throw)

CH 66AB
66BB
CH 66BB ~ 6BB
22_88B ~ 3B+KK(2nd Hit Can Whiff If Your Aren't In Close Range)
66A+B(Was Xianghua's old 33_99B)
Soul Charge 66A+BB(Last Hit is Xianghua 66B+K)
66B+K
Soul Charge 66B+KB(2nd Hit is Xianghua's 6B+K from SCII)
Thank! She cancels into SXS now by hitting 2? Really? It's not just holding the button down anymore? Also, whjat do you mean by "Luna's 66B"?

Thank! She cancels into SXS now by hitting 2? Really? It's not just holding the button down anymore? Also, whjat do you mean by "Luna's 66B"?

Xianghua goes into SXS with 3A2, 6B2, or A+B2 with the holding the button and it's faster. Luna was a Xianghua wannabe Bonus Character in SCIII. Xianghua got 2 moves from her 9K in SCIV & A+B_(A+B) in SCVI.

Xianghua goes into SXS with 3A2, 6B2, or A+B2 with the holding the button and it's faster. Luna was a Xianghua wannabe Bonus Character in SCIII. Xianghua got 2 moves from her 9K in SCIV & A+B_(A+B) in SCVI.
Ah, ok. I never bothered with the Bonus Characters. Didn't even know Xianghua had a Bonus version. So if I'm understanding you correct, you can go into SXS by holding the button but holding it and hitting 2 does it faster?

Ah, ok. I never bothered with the Bonus Characters. Didn't even know Xianghua had a Bonus version. So if I'm understanding you correct, you can go into SXS by holding the button but holding it and hitting 2 does it faster?

No, just hit 2 after 3A, 6B, & A+B. It's way better than going into SXS the traditional way.

Bandai Namco decided to suck this year. For the first time ever, they fid not show up wih any games, only figurines. Ugh. I'll have to wait 'til Gamescom.

Some notes after playing at an exhibition in VSFighting tournament in Birmingham, UK:

66A+B is NC I believe. As are most of her strings now, which is nice.
After some very high launches 66A+B will bounce the opponent up and down in a full combo and looks like it will allow some kind of follow-up. I didn't get a chance to test actual example combos though.

SXS (2) is a STC which will probably work more by luck than design (as it is quite late).

11K animation is back in a string, but I can't remember how I did it.

44B+K and 22B+K cannot be re-GI (as in SCV) and give launch advantage

I couldn't find a RO from 1A+G - the JF BT B+K is back, but doesn't give enough advantage for 6A+B or 66B+K, and only allows for 6KA, which doesn't ring out after this stun.

The command grab and SXS also don't seem to have the follow-up anymore which allowed for side RO. Generally her KND and RO abilities have been nerfed, and she is more about string mixups including fakes into SXS.

The 6KA knockdown into SXS K may look nice at the moment, but in the long run I think this will just be a way to give lots of free damage to your opponent - it is very slow and can only be done from the stance, and it is launch punishable.

CE is like Leixia's, still i13 or maybe i14, and might be a bit safer? but has much less range, so good for whiff punish but not amazing like SCV. Solid damage except when used at the end of a stun combo (e.g. CH 6BB BT B+K CE is a waste iirc)

Quake stun [2B+K] gives launch advantage.

You can still lie down mid-match with 44A+B G. Crybaby works front-facing and BT as in SCIV (in SCV it did not work BT).

Kayane showed me - SXS [ B ] is guard crush, and UB in Soul Charge mode. 66B+K has a B follow-up which is like her SCII advancing vertical (I think 6B+K iirc?) The guard crush A+B can be released quickly (A+B 6), but then loses the GC. Also, this attack is a high, and I think this will mean it will be almost useless in the long run, unless the LH version leads to a very big combo.
We also looked at SXS and, although we didn't find any charge-specific attacks, her SXS taunt would change when X did successive SXS taunts. They were the same three taunts as in SCIV. So maybe she has hidden SXS charges. The only thing we sawe is that they do build a decent amount of meter. I don't know if that would work after the round ends though.

Last edited:
WHAT OTHER WAYS CAN SHE ENTER THE LOW CROUCH STANCE BESIDES 3A2?

IS 66K STILL THE SAME INPUT AND SAFE ON BLOCK?

DOES 44A ALWAYS HAVE THE SLOW STARTUP? CAN IT BE DONE WITHOUT THE CHARGE?

Some notes after playing at an exhibition in VSFighting tournament in Birmingham, UK:

66A+B is NC I believe. As are most of her strings now, which is nice.
After some very high launches 66A+B will bounce the opponent up and down in a full combo and looks like it will allow some kind of follow-up. I didn't get a chance to test actual example combos though.

The 1st 2 hits of 66A+B in the EVO Japan Build was a NC. Now in the E3 Build ALL 3 hits are NC. In Soul Charge 66A+BB is insane with amazing chip damage after the whole combo.

11K animation is back in a string, but I can't remember how I did it.

Xianghua's SCIII & IV 11_77K is now in BBK.

The 6KA knockdown into SXS K may look nice at the moment, but in the long run I think this will just be a way to give lots of free damage to your opponent - it is very slow and can only be done from the stance, and it is launch punishable.

You mean 6K(A) ~ BHH K. BHH K is Xianghua's old 6bK from SCIII & SCIV.

Kayane showed me - SXS (B) is guard crush and UB in Soul Charge mode. 66B+K has a B follow-up which is like her SCII advancing vertical (I think 6B+K iirc?) The guard crush (A+B) can be released quickly (A+B)2, but then loses the GC. Also, this attack is a high, and I think this will mean it will be almost useless in the long run, unless the LH version leads to a very big combo.

In Soul Charge SXS B non charge version becomes a Guard Break.

We also looked at SXS and, although we didn't find any charge-specific attacks, her SXS taunt would change when X did successive SXS taunts. They were the same three taunts as in SCIV. So maybe she has hidden SXS charges. The only thing we saw is that they do build a decent amount of meter. I don't know if that would work after the round ends though.

SXS Taunts give meter because SXS A Stuns on CH & SXS K Lethal Hits after ducking a High Attack.

3A2, 6B2, A+B2, (A+B)2, JMP KK2, 22_88K2, SXS 2

66K is the same input & it can do 1kA Series moves in Soul Charge.

Regular 44A is the about the same and stuns on CH. 44(A) Slight Charge is NC. 44(A) Max is +18 and gives CH 6BB combos.

I didn't check if 66K is safe. I think it is but it also doesn't seem to catch step so well in this game (often I got stepped to the kicking side even well within range). 22B is also safe I think.

44A is the same as SCV. Normal input for TC horizontal mid, hold A for charged 2-hit high. It jails. Dunno how much adv on hit ho.

Back