Xianghua Movelist Analysis

Yeah thats it I read that in sc6 2bA went to 6 from 8
Huh. Then FC3B might be anywhere from -6 to -9 because that was the move I used to test out punishing it.

Is there any secret with her taunt like in SC IV?
You can do a special taunt after winning a game. She'll do a power pose and say "I will not run away" (or something like that). I think you might have to do 4K+G. I'll check later.

I hate to be the guy coming in and saying "all your stuff is wrong", especially since I was such a shitheel in SCV, but... well, the frames are all wrong. I counted the impact frames with 720p60 streamed from my PS4 (yes, it can do that, and it is legit). Frame 1 is input displayed in training mode; animation starts simultaneously. Impact frame is when the hitspark appears. I did some things to try and discern block/hit advantage visually but none of it was very clear; we're just gonna have to math it out.

Here's my frame data GDoc. It includes aGI interrupts and evasion interrupts; it's meant to be a X-oriented punish reference too. I'll try to work today on adapting it to the wiki where it'll be more useful for everyone. If you want to contribute to that doc, please PM me and I'll add you to it! If you want to check my work, I absolutely welcome it! Right over here. It's the stuff called "just testing recording frames". Once Twitch expires those videos, if people still wanna check it, I'll upload to youtube.

EDIT: During this process, I learned a cool thing about how it corrects simultaneous button presses, which Tekken just doesn't do at all. For the first few frames of an attack, if a B turns into a B+K, it will just interrupt the original move and start the real one. Adapting the move is not built into the animation of the two moves; so it doesn't go from frame 1 of B to frame 2 of B+K. I actually had to redo my B+K checks with a macro to ensure accuracy once I realized this; I initially had 3B+K as i21. But because of this, I'm not sure how to accurately measure stuff like bA, bK, and K6 aside from deriving it from other moves.

Last edited:
Blocked CEs? That doesn't seem very precise. Where does that data come from? We've kind of been taking move speeds for granted around here, and that's kind of a problem. Where did that data even come from? The frame data draft guy? His methods were really imprecise. It's not that you personally did anything especially wrong, but we were running on a lot of flawed assumptions that fucked up all our resulting derived data. So I put my nose to the grindstone to find the cold, hard truth.

I took a 60FPS video and counted the frames from input to impact. All moves peformed from the most neutral state possible to prevent buffering from influencing the results. That is to say: I took advantage of my hyperfocus tendency and did the boring stuff nobody wants to do. If there's something flawed about that, it's important for me to find that out now before I derive anything else from this work.

Blocked CEs? That doesn't seem very precise. Where does that data come from? We've kind of been taking move speeds for granted around here, and that's kind of a problem. Where did that data even come from? The frame data draft guy? His methods were really imprecise. It's not that you personally did anything especially wrong, but we were running on a lot of flawed assumptions that fucked up all our resulting derived data. So I put my nose to the grindstone to find the cold, hard truth.

I took a 60FPS video and counted the frames from input to impact. All moves peformed from the most neutral state possible to prevent buffering from influencing the results. That is to say: I took advantage of my hyperfocus tendency and did the boring stuff nobody wants to do. If there's something flawed about that, it's important for me to find that out now before I derive anything else from this work.
It's guess work. I'm figuring out which moves are slower than others since some CEs can be punished by some moves but not others. I figured 4B was slower than CE but faster than 6K because I couldn't 4B a CE but 3B it but i must've bungled the recording in Training Mode because I checked it again and CE doesn't punish it either.

If your table is real, then wow, i10 AA. Too bad about the range.

For now, the best option for FC3B is 66 A+B SXS K, 6K A, without Soul charge.
Unless my hands just get slow on this particular punish, this doesn't seem to work after FC 3B punishing Nightmare's WR AA. I'm guessing because of the angle he's at when launched? Might be other moves it can't follow up on. I can get it to work fine on his 1A and raw.

Hello everyone !

I just posted a combo video I've made for Xianghua, with Inputs and tips included.
Hopefully you'll enjoy :) I may have missed some stuff, but these combos are my essentials for sure !

Don't hesitate to give your feedbacks !

Don't hesitate to give your feedbacks !
You have a couple of notation errors, In the SC combo section you list 66B+KB as 66B+KK
And while all of us here probably know you're following up the 3B+Ks with K in the video, it might be worth putting the K on the end for newbies

Otherwise, great video! Learned a lot. Thanks for sharing. In particular I haven't been sure what to do at the wall until now.

Back