Xianghua Top 10 moves

MystSilver

[09] Warrior
I feel like the game's been out long enough that we can do this now. What are your top 10 moves for Xianghua?

My list, fired directly from the top o my head with little consideration:

1. AA
i10, catches step, SXS transition. 41 damage on hit-confirmable CH with AAB. Safe AAA followup to keep people honest. This might actually be my favorite AA ever.

2. 2A
It's 2A, it does 2A things

3. 6BB / 6BA / 6B2
Again the move thrives on options. Built in mid/low mixup where the unseeable low actually leaves us + on hit and in FC ready for mixup. 6BB counterhit combos kill backstep hard for a character that people want to back away from. PXS cancel for people trying to GI the mixup.

4. CE
i12 punish for 75 damage? That's worth a bar.

5. Throws
Do throw things. These might belong higher, since I feel like X really needs them to crack people open.

6. FC3B
100% safe launcher that leads to 72 damage, 94 with meter.

7. 6A+B / 4A+B / 2A+B
Maybe I'm pushing it by shoving three moves into one spot, but they more or less serve the same purpose vs. different moves. 6A+B gets top billing for it's larger aGI window and easy conversion into 81 damage. I hope someday to see myself and other X mains putting the fear of god into all seeable lows with 2A+B.

8. 22_88B
100% safe tech step launcher. Don't feel like I need to say much more.

9. 44A / 44[A]
I feel like this is our best step catch, can convert 43 damage off of the uncharged version. Also crushes highs hard. Full charge version is really only for high crush, but it leads to real girl damage too. Now that 44[A] jails and is + on block it's scarier than ever.

10. SXS A+G / SXS 4A+G
Good damage with meter, cracks people open pretty well

Honorable mentions: 66K, 4B, 66B

It might be blasphemy not to put BB on the list, but I'm really not that enthused with it compared to her other basic tools. What are your thoughts?

Back