Xiba Matchup Discussion

I actually think Xiba can be good vs Viola. The fact that REM counters some of the orb helps out a lot. I haven't taken the time to fully explore the match up but it seems to be in Xiba's favor.

Although I know close to nothing about the match up REM can counter almost every EIN attack Zwei has. This I think has to give Xiba the edge. I believe there are like 3 EIN attacks that aren't countered. The CE, 44 B, and I can't recall the third one at the moment.

No way, i do believe Xiba has a better or easier time vs Viola than most of the cast, but it's still very much in her favor. That's just how good she is.

I'm almost completely sure that 1B can't be countered at least. That's a vertical move. REM only counters horizontals right?

I'm almost completely sure that 1B can't be countered at least. That's a vertical move. REM only counters horizontals right?
That's the magic of it, REM counters even the vertical moves by EIN. So yes 1B, [ B ], B+K, etc, can all be countered by REM. Try it out in training mode some time.

That's actually one of the best things that Xiba got in this game, REM can counter some things that it shouldn't. For example Astaroth 22K BE, the ground stun caused when you are at a small distance away, can be countered. Nightmare's A+B can be countered. The ground stun from Pyrrah's 8 B+K can be countered. I think maybe 1 or two of Algol's bubbles can be countered, I forget which ones.

It really is a beautiful thing. I have to dedicate time to figuring out everything it can counter.

Xiba can evade Ivy's CE during the animation if he is not blocking with 66K (specific timing). I tried other TJ moves during her animation and this is the only one that seems to work.

I tried it on astharoth, and it doesn't work unfortunately =(
And actually le timing for Ivy CE is really really easy! If you don't have you guard on while she's starting her CE, you can imput 66K almoste whenever you want during the animation! I mean reflexes aren't needed here :D

Well in jolly, her go to step killers aren't amazing so REM won't be necessary. Her gloomy horizontals are pretty strong, but her verticals are just as good and will kill some side steps. GS 66A 6A and 3A are what I'm thinking about in particular. 22A is universal for tira but it isn't worth risking the aGI if she is in Gloomy. Just pretend she is Mitsu where she has stupid verts she wants to whore out

Edit: actually in gloomy treat her like natsu who was stupid horizontals also haha

A thing that Party Wolf taught me about Xibas unblockable is to use it on peoples wakeups. I've done this plenty of times and it works great, but the best is on Nightmares wakeup when he has a full meter. This can get Nightmare out of his CE or scare nightmare players to wake up CE. Great mixup tool.

Edit: Probably on Damp too.

Also does his unblockable TC?

Back