Xiba Matchup Discussion

if natsu doesn't knock me down, and keeps doing fast horizontal natural combos, how do I put some distance between me and her?

specifically things like her aa, kkk, kk2k, they are fast, and after block those strings, even if I am given advantage, I can't seem to do anything beside grab, 2a, 6b, and 2k because she can hit me before my aa even comes out. I don't seem to have fast moves to do after guarding close range attacks because even my natural combos like aa and bb takes time to come out compare to something like pyrrha's aa.

Well, I will tell you this: you don't want to attempt to try to beat her out close because Natsu is a rushdown character meant to shut down people, specifically up close. Her up close game is probably one of the best in the game. If she gets in, you'll be doing a lot of blocking. The pokes you mentioned are your best bet, then blocking. 6B by far is going to help you out in this fight. If you seen my earlier post with Pyrrha, successfully landing a 6B can allow a safe option to safely deal with quick counterpokes that the opponent THINKS would be able to punish a blocked 6B attack. Like I said with Pyrrha before, this opens up an opportunity to just guard the counterattack. For fast attackers like her, the key up close to them is to get them to see you can just guard. Smart players will back off you, or at least attack a little less because they recognize that you can build meter for free just guarding. Scrub players will continue to mash, in which case you can continue just guarding, building meter, and GI their attacks, and followup with a 1A as a surprise sweep move to open up lots of space between you and the opponent.

Once they see you can just guard the counterattack after attempting to punish your 6B, they(again, if they are smart) will naturally back off of you themselves to keep you from building meter on them for free, or at least attack a little less. This is your opportunity to control the mid-long range field by using 22_88AA to stop steppers. If you need a faster kill step option, go for 3A~B. This is also not a bad up close attack, but you must place it carefully because Natsu may be able to beat it with her quick A attacks.

I'm not sure if this is well known knowledge already, but I have implemented a quick backdash technique with Xiba that allows him to just guard at times while quickly retreating. All you have to do is learn the just guard technique. Once you do, you can do 4+G as if you were just pressing G alone for a just guard. Keep doing this in quick succession, and you'll find yourself doing sort of a backdash cancel technique mixed in with a just guard command! This is something I do a lot and it does wonders for me with good up close characters like Natsu, and puts space between you and her nicely while guard guarding in retreat. This can REALLY confuse and mess up Natsu, and other players in general, which is exactly what you want! In short, implement just guard to gain the psychological edge to back them off you! :-)

Update: Since the patch update, the aforementioned backdash technique no longer works. If you try it, you won't be able to cancel as many times. I still use it just as a means to keep my opponent off balance, but be wary that you cannot block during a backdash, so use it carefully and wisely.

is there any thing else beside just guard? that blue flashing is like fairy tale to me in online. grinding in ranked right now, and so far I only just guarded once by accident.

is there any thing else beside just guard? that blue flashing is like fairy tale to me in online. grinding in ranked right now, and so far I only just guarded once by accident.

Well, I'm going to be completely honest with you. If you expect to get the most out of Xiba from fighting good up close characters to deal with the Natsu and Pyrrha players, that's just something you're going to have to learn. If you really don't want to just guard, you can just do a standard guard, but that usually isn't going to teach players to back up off of you. If anything, it tells them that they can simply pin you down guarding all day to get you in a guard crush state, and/or mix up throws on you. I mean, you might be able to find some openings eventually to where you can use your quickest up close pokes, but that just makes that fight way harder than it should be. I'm not saying you cannot succeed against such characters without just guard, it's just harder for me to do so IMO. In past SC games, I've been able to simply GI attacks. Since it costs meter to GI now, just guarding is what I felt was a necessity to learn I've been there where you are now, and I started playing with Xiba at like under 50% win ratio. However, when I learned how to just guard consistently, my winnings rose to 75% as of now, and still rising.

But there IS a way to make learning just guard easier. It's not as hard as people may think, but you DO have to believe in your ability, otherwise it will remain just what you said, a fairytale. It's all in your mind. If you don't believe you can perform it, you won't be able to. But if you believe the opposite, then you'll get the get the opposite results. My little way of learning it is to simply quickly "flick" the guard button. Flicking the guard button makes you do an extremely quick guard for the few frames it requires to just guard. You go can go to training mode and set the dummy to "Counterattack after first attack." This will get the dummy to attack you once you land a physical attack, such a A on the dummy. Attack with 6B, and the dummy will attack you back. At that time, just learn to flick the guard button once on the dummy's counterattack, JUST BEFORE the attack lands on you. The dummy will counterattack with AA or BB depending on the character dummy and depending on what kind of attack you do one the dummy, and most character dummies AA and BB are fairly quick. What you are doing is setting the dummy up to attack you after the 6B is blocked, so can easily time your just guard on the dummy counterattack.

When you consistently see the blue flash once, you're good to go. Then you can guarding BOTH of the AA and BB attacks and you'll perform two just guard flashes if timed correctly, which I can assure you gets so easy to do with perfect practice. A way to make it real easy IMO is to do 7,8, or 9B, or 44K. These moves put the opponent into a crouch state, which will usually cause the dummy to do a while rising single A or B attack most of the time. That way, while they are rising off the ground, you just have to time your just guard once to block one single counterattack.

If I learn anything outside of just guarding that can help, I'll get back to you. This however, has been the most effective for me, and if you put a little time into training and honing this skill, I'm sure it will be just as effective for you as well. :-)

I have problems with fast characters (natsu, pyhrra, tira...), a long move doesnt caught him when he used backstep and punish fall on me, which move could i use?

and when i use REM?

I have problems with fast characters (natsu, pyhrra, tira...), a long move doesnt caught him when he used backstep and punish fall on me, which move could i use?

and when i use REM?

The key with REM, at least outside of canceling it from moves is to bait your opponents to throw out horizontal attacks. You can easily accomplish this by doing a lot of stepping. Once they hit they can't hit you with most B attacks this way, they will use A attacks to stop your stepping. REM stops ALL horizontal attacks, lows, and kicks. Once you condition them to throw them out, use REM to impact their attacks and setup REM B stun combos and okizeme setups. I have info on matchups with Pyrrha on page one of this thread, and basically the same thing applies to Natsu and Tira.

Thanks for the explanation of REM.

I have info on matchups with Pyrrha on page one of this thread, and basically the same thing applies to Natsu and Tira.
I've read the matchup, and I ask the BackStep because 6B, 3A+B,... miss, and pyhrra punishes me with a quick move. Probably this is the situation to use JG, GI or someting else.

Thanks for the explanation of REM.

I've read the matchup, and I ask the BackStep because 6B, 3A+B,... miss, and pyhrra punishes me with a quick move. Probably this is the situation to use JG, GI or someting else.

For fast backstepping characters like the ones you mentioned, the key is to keep them from stepping 8 way. Again, it's a conditioning thing. Moves like A and 44A are practical and safe moves that can do this. Once they see they cannot constantly step around you, they will be subjected to simply move forward or back. At this point, if they are backdashing to bait out your attacks to get you to whiff, it's because they can easily get away from the attacks you've mentioned. What even the fastest characters cannot backdash on reaction is 4B. It has one of the farthest reaching ranges in the game. It's also relatively fast for a ranged attack and it's totally safe on block. It's important to condition them not to step you because if they see it coming, they can step around it and punish you. That is your best attack to use against fast characters and why it's important to keep them from stepping around you when you use it, which is what the conditioning with horizontals is all about to setup using 4B.

Xiba Vs Algol!!

I hate this matchup myself, lol. I may sound like a scrub saying this, but I think he's one of the most stupid and broken characters in the game. This is just my opinion, though. However, there are some key things you can do to keep this fight in your favor. First, you must not attempt to attack him when your opponent has setup a projectile in front to him to pressure you. Remain patient and block the projectile and his other attacks. The one exception to this rule is if he's only throwing out mid-hitting projectiles, in which case you can use 1A to TC under them and sweep him.

You may take a trade him from the projectile above you, but the trade will be in your favor, and it will cause Algol players to think twice about using it. Doing these simple things saved me A TON of headaches I've gotten in the past when I wasn't as trained in this matchup. KEEP SIDESTEPPING! You'll avoid his powerful B attacks that lead into stuns and/or knockdowns. Once he shifts to his horizontal attacks, you can use REM to auto-GI and setup REM options. Do not be afraid to keep your offense fluid with Xiba's options to cancel into his REM stance. You cancel options will probably be your greatest asset in this fight. When I started mixing these up, my success against Algol players jumped dramatically.

At a distance, just stand there. If you move too much, you can and will get caught with his unblockable teleport. The unblockable teleport cannot catch you if you are standing still. Be patient in your movement from a distance if you are approaching him or retreating.

I hate this matchup myself, lol. I may sound like a scrub saying this, but I think he's one of the most stupid and broken characters in the game. This is just my opinion, though. However, there are some key things you can do to keep this fight in your favor. First, you must not attempt to attack him when your opponent has setup a projectile in front to him to pressure you. Remain patient and block the projectile and his other attacks. The one exception to this rule is if he's only throwing out mid-hitting projectiles, in which case you can use 1A to TC under them and sweep him.

You may take a trade him from the projectile above you, but the trade will be in your favor, and it will cause Algol players to think twice about using it. Doing these simple things saved me A TON of headaches I've gotten in the past when I wasn't as trained in this matchup. KEEP SIDESTEPPING! You'll avoid his powerful B attacks that lead into stuns and/or knockdowns. Once he shifts to his horizontal attacks, you can use REM to auto-GI and setup REM options. Do not be afraid to keep your offense fluid with Xiba's options to cancel into his REM stance. You cancel options will probably be your greatest asset in this fight. When I started mixing these up, my success against Algol players jumped dramatically.

At a distance, just stand there. If you move too much, you can and will get caught with his unblockable teleport. The unblockable teleport cannot catch you if you are standing still. Be patient in your movement from a distance if you are approaching him or retreating.

Thank you so much. That's always been my problem was getting stunned by his projectile spam attacks. i usually don't sidestep against agol i usually try to go all out and rush the player. but i will start doing what you said.
REM always have helped but i don't cancel i press the buttons to fast to think. i will also start canceling to get the guessing game on them and punish.

Thank you so much. That's always been my problem was getting stunned by his projectile spam attacks. i usually don't sidestep against agol i usually try to go all out and rush the player. but i will start doing what you said.
REM always have helped but i don't cancel i press the buttons to fast to think. i will also start canceling to get the guessing game on them and punish.

Sounds good man! You can actually do a little bit of both(sidestepping and rushdown). Just know that you DO have the offense to keep him under control. I played a decent Algol player twice last night. The first match we had was epic and it came down to the last hit, and he barely scraped by me. The second match, I completely shut him down altogether doing pretty much what I told you. He was actually very respectful and cool about it, saying he needed me to beat him down like that and he learned a lot from the fight. I hope this helps you as it's helped me. :-)

Xiba vs. Z.W.E.I.? I have a great Problem, playing against those xD

You just have to be patient with Z.W.E.I. You have to also learn to recognize the patterns of his wolf, which is the key to his gameplay. He's also not very effective at punishing attacks usually, so stick to Xiba's safest attacks(6B, 2A, 3A, 66A, 44K, etc.) and use these safe-on-block attacks to set up GI's if you have meter. I usually go for 1A sweep after using these GI setups just to interrupt his rhythm and get him out my face, while at the same time baiting out any attempt to reverse impact, forcing them to use 1/4 of their meter. The delayed animation on the 1A is what causes this to happen. He's at his best with controlling space and beating out Xiba's space control tools with his wolf, so don't attempt to space him out while the wolf is on the screen. If he gets in your face, stay calm and patient. The first opening you see, you should go for either go the fast 2A or 3A attacks. The 2A and 3A is safe on block, and you can use this to setup just guards or GI's. What I usually do is go for 3A and block to condition my opponent into thinking he can immediately punish me. If he attacks every time after the 3A, then you know you can go for just guard or GI setups. Even better, if he doesn't attack at all after the 3A, you can use this as a tick throw setup. If you think he will crouch under your tick throw setup, you can instead go for the 3B~K~K mid attack starter to punish their couch attempt, or you can simply use his REM cancels from 3B for more mind and mixup games. Mixup these setups regarding 3A well. If you use it for a GI setup, be aware your opponent may try to bait it out. You WILL be blocking A LOT. Don't get flustered with his great rushdown with his wolf because that's the first mistake to sealing your defeat. A good mid poke to setup a GI or a CE situation is 6B+K, and it serves as a great mid poke after you block his attacks and get an opening to attack, which at the very least can slow down his rhythm. This matchup in most cases will be EXTREMELY based on patience and momentum. Some attack of his cause him to have to recharge in order to use his wolf again, so take advantage of these opportunities with these strategies. :-)

I'm going to give my own little list of Z.W.E.I.'s punishable moves. This is something I'll probably start doing with EVERY character to help ya'll out there, and I've comprised my own key for reference:

OB - On Block
PUN - Punishable with specific moves on standard guard (this is for moves you should only be practically punishing with standard guard, in which case there's no need to pointlessly make it slightly difficult by just guarding)
POWJG - Punishable only with Just Guard
PUNBOTH- Possible to punish with standard guard as well as just guard

Note: I am NOT including punishers for the BT attacks because it's usually rare unlikely you're even be dealing with BT attacks, so simply block accordingly if the situation arises. All these punishes are assuming that you've guarded or just guarded an attack at point-blank range, which is probably where you'll be blocking most of the time against a good rushdown Z.W.E.I. opponent. If guarded or just guarded from a farther range away, some of these punishers may not be applicable, so keep that in mind. Also, remember that if you successfully get a just guard with any of the POWJG moves, or even a successful guard for moves you can punish without just guarding, remember to attack as soon as THE VERY FIRST FRAME you can move after the just guard or standard guard to ensure that you get your punish. Remember, even if you're one frame off, it makes a difference. I also realize that I may not have every single punish available, and there may be errors where they shouldn't be. I took very special care to make sure this was error, free. If anyone spots anything, let me know, and I correct it. The punishes I have for most of these moves are going to be the key punishing moves you'll use in most situations.:-)

Punishable Z.W.E.I. moves:

Rangers's Machete (:6::A:, -14 OB, POWJG, punishers{2A, 3B~K~K, 6B, K, 2K, 6B+K - all the hits may not connect for 6B+K, so if you're going to use this punish, use it more as a move to stop your opponent's rhythm, or for setting up just guard setups, GI setups, or the CE setup, and this will apply pretty much anytime you see the move as a punish for future reference})

Aloft Revolver (:3::A::A:, -17, -4 OB respectively, POWJG - second hit, punishers{2A, 3A, 6B, K, 1K, 2K - The first hit of this attack is extremely unsafe on block, so your opponent will most likely be finishing this string to the second -4 OB hit to keep him safe more often than not. However, even the opponent finishes the string, it still has some openings you can expose. After blocking the 1st hit, you can crouch under the second high attack part, and punish with a WR K~K, which can also be BE'd. If you decide to remain standing after blocking the first attack, you can interrupt the second part with REM B+K stance to start some REM mixups.})

Changeup Spout (:1::A:, -20 OB, PUN, punisher{WR K~K - This low attack is extremely unsafe on block, and this is the only practical, good damage punish you should be using, and there's no need for just guarding this attack at all, unless you want to be flashly and build a little meter, which this move can also be BE'd for more damage.})

Armor Peeler (:4::A:, -16 OB, PUNBOTH, punisher{3A} POWJG for greater punish potential, punishers{2A, 3B~K~K, 6B+K})

Assault Position ( :4::(A):, +8 OB - This move is very safe and really isn't punishable if you stand and block the whole attack sequence with the wolf, BUT if you time it correctly, you may be able to use Xiba's sidepping Roundhouse Bo 4A to step the second wave of the attack with the wolf and knock Z.W.E.I. down, but this isn't practical. I've thoroughly tested this, and you have to delay using 4A just before the wolf hits, and more often than not, even if you successfully step the wolf, Z.W.E.I will be still safe enough to block the bo attack. A far better and practical punish and substitute in this situation is to simply block the first hit, then do B+K for Xiba's REM stance to setup REM combos and mixups. This has EXCEEDINGLY helped me out in Z.W.E.I. fights, so do not underestimate the importance of using this technique in this matchup! This isn't something you want sitting on the shelf, so take advantage!)

Terminal Dissever (:B::B:, -8, -6 OB, POWJG - second hit, punisher{K - You most likely won't find any practical use for just guard punishing this move, but if you come across some scrub online mashing this B attack, you'll able to easily see it coming and punish with just guard accordingly if you choose to do so.})

Trail Dissever (:(B):, +2 OB - Same deal with Assault Position, REM can interrupt the second incoming wolf attack if you block the first hit.)

Weakling Knocker (:3::B:, -16 OB, PUNBOTH, punishers{2A, 3A, 6B, K, 2K} POWJG for more damage potential, punish{3B~K~K})

Walnut Cracker (:2::B:, -12 OB, POWJG, punishers{2A, 3A})

Oaf Brainer (:1::B:, -13 OB, PUNBOTH, punisher{K} POWJG for greater punish potential, punishers{2A, 3A, 3B~K~K})

Flank Position (:1::(B):, +2 OB - If you block the wolf part of this attack, it is totally safe from any of your typical punishing moves, even on just guard. The key here is to simply block the first hit and then you can safely interrupt BEFORE the wolf hits you with REM and IMMEDIATELY go into REM mixups. IMO, you should preferably go for the REM B stun for a combo setup. Even if the opponent decides to charge the wolf, your opponent will still be in a bad position because the immediate transition into any of the REM setups will easily punish him. So you are still in a great position REGARDLESS of whether your opponent charges the wolf or not from this move!)

Kreuz Tactics (:1::(B)::(K): +2, -10 OB, POWJG - final kick hit, punishers{2A, 3A, K - You really shouldn't even have to be just guard punishing this attack with these moves since you can interrupt the wolf with REM before you should even have to concern yourself with dealing with the kick, but these punishers are available nonetheless if you don't manage to use REM, and you just guard the last attack on reaction})

Liver Gouge (:4::B:, -14 OB, PUNBOTH, punishers{2A, 3A, K} POWJG, punisher{3B~K~K})

Front High Kick (:K:, -7 OB, POWJG, punisher{K})

Hard Hitting Kick ( :6::K:, -12 OB, POWJG, punishers{2A, 3A, 3B~K~K, 6B+K})

Heel Bullet ( :3::K:, -7 OB, POWJG, punishers{2A, 3A, K})

Ankle Scrape ( :2::K:, -14 OB, PUN, punisher{FC K})

Coward Stump ( :1::K: -16 OB, PUNBOTH, punishers{2A, 3A, 6B, K, 1K} POWJG, punisher{3B~K~K})

Master Knocker (:4::K::B:, -18,-16 OB, PUNBOTH, punishers{2A, 3A, 6B, K, 1K} POWJG, punisher{3B~K~K})

Spinning Driver ( :A+B:, -16 OB, PUNBOTH, punisher{2K} POWJG, punishers{2A, 3A, 3B~K~K, 1K, 6B+K})

Freikugel Driver ( :4::A+B:, -24 OB, PUN, punisher{3B~K~K})

Poor Fish (:B+K:, -9 OB, POWJG, punishers{2A, 3A, K, 1K, 2K})

Pied Piper (:6::B+K:, +2 OB - Again, for this kind of attack with the wolf, block the first attack, then go into REM to GI the wolf for REM setups)

Pied Piper: Drive Off (:6::B+K::A:, +10 OB - For this version, if you just want to style on 'em and build meter, you can stick to blocking the first attack, just guard the second, and throwing in REM to stop the last part of the attack with the wolf just to add insult to injury. Or you could just play it safe and simple and block the first two attacks, then REM for the wolf part.)

Pied Piper: Snatch (:6::B+K::B:, +9 OB - For this version, you can simply block the first two hits, and interrupt the last hit with 2A, 3A, and K.)

Two-Handed Slicer (WR :A:, - 8 OB, POWJG, punishers{2A, 3A, 3B~K~K, 6B, K, 1K, 2K})

Bolt Driver ( WR :B:, -8 OB, POWJG, punishers{2A, 3A, 3B~K~K, 6B, K, 1K, 2K})

Liver Beater ( WR :K:, -8 OB, POWJG, punishers{2A, 3A, 3B~K~K, 6B, K, 1K, 2K})

Leaping Front Kick ( While Jumping :K:, -7 OB, POWJG, punishers{2A, 3A, 6B, K, 2K})

Tempest Bringer ( :6::(6): or :3::(3): or :9::(9): :A:, -9 OB, POWJG, punishers{2A, 3A, 6B, K, 2K})

Beast's Machete ( :2::(2): or :8::(8)::A:, -17 OB, PUNBOTH, punishers{6B, 2K} POWJG, punishers{2A, 3A, 3B~K~K, 1K, 6B+K})

Bush Reaper ( :4::(4): or :1::(1): or :9::(9)::A: -18 OB, PUN, punisher{WR K~K - BE for more damage})

Pile Ballista (:3::(3): or :9::9::B:, - 14 OB, PUNBOTH, punisher{K} POWJG, punishers{2A, 3A, 3B~K~K, 6B, K, 1K, 2K, 6B+K})

Anti-Safety Pin ( :2::(2): or :8::(8)::B::(B):, -16,-15 OB, - For this move, you can block the first attack and just guard the second attack for these punishers{2A, 3A, 3B~K~K, 6B, K, 1K, 2K, 6B+K}, but you can also make it a bit easier by simply blocking the first attack and using Roundhouse Bo 4A to easily step the second attack. If you can read the animation on this attack well, it's easy to do this on reaction.)

Blitzkrieg Deployment (:4::(4): or :1::(1): or :7::(7)::B:, +12 OB - An extremely good and safe move on block, but you shouldn't even have to block it at all. If your opponent tries to space you out with it from far range, you can easily step it. If he's crazy enough to do this move close range, you can easily punish on reaction with 3B~K~K or Shen Ba launcher 22 or 88B during the lengthy startup before the wolf even touches you.)

Sand Splash Kick (:6::(6): or :3::(3): or :9::(9)::K:, -9 OB, POWJG, punishers{2A, 3A, K, 2K)

Spinning Hook Kick (:2::(2): or :8::(8)::K:, -12 OB, POWJG, punishers{2A, 3A, 3B~K~K, 6B, K, 1K, 2K, 6B+K})

Shank Scrape (:1::(1): or :7::(7)::K:, -17 OB, PUN, punisher{WR K~K - Just like the Changeup Spout low attack, this low attack is also extremely unsafe on block, and this is the only practical, good damage punish you should be using, and there's no need for just guarding this attack at all, unless you want to be flashly and build a little meter, which this move can also be BE'd for more damage.})

Knuckle Drag Kick (:4::(4)::K:, -8OB, POWJG, punishers{2A, 3A, 3B~K~K, 6B, K, 1K, 2K})

Clan Vanargandr (:6::(6)::(A+B):, +15 OB - Another impressive and extremely safe Z.W.E.I. move, but can be stepped or quickstepped to the right easily if you see it coming, in which case you can setup a Shen Ba launcher.)

Passing Snipe (:6::(6)::B+K:, -24 OB, PUN, punisher{3B~K~K})

Aloft Knife (During Knife Fiend :A:, -14 OB - You shouldn't concern yourself with block punishing this attack. Instead, watch the animation on the Knife Fiend special movement and simply interrupt it with 2A, 3A, 6B, or K. These interrupt options will work just as well for Turbulent Knife :B: as well, which is also done during Knife Fiend. Even if you don't know which attack your opponent will do from Knife Fiend A or B, it doesn't matter. You don't have to know because the interrupt options work just as well for both attacks, which means you don't even have to know which one is coming and you can still safely use the same interrupt attacks, AN INVALUABLE TOOL!)

Turbulent Revolver (:3::aA+B+K:, -17, -16 OB, PUN, punisher{WR K~K - This BE move automatically puts your in a crouching position, but this actually works to your advantage since this BE attack is so unsafe on block, you can easily score great damage with this rising attack which can be BE'd for even more damage.})

Tempest Arise (:6::(6): or :3::(3): or :9::(9)::aA+B+K:, +30 OB - Yet again, like many of Z.W.E.I.'s other great on-block moves, simply block the first attack, then shift to REM stance to interrupt it to start REM mixups and/or REM B combos.)

And that's it for today. Not sure who I'll do tomorrow, but if enough people respond before then who they think I should do, I'll listen to the people. If I don't get any responses, I'll pick a random character of my choosing. I plan to add at least one of these per day until the whole cast is complete. I really hope this helps you all out as it's helped me. :-)

Anyone else find 3A whiffs at close range against Sieg sometimes? It seems kinda ridiculous since I don't have that problem against other chars.

Anyone else find 3A whiffs at close range against Sieg sometimes? It seems kinda ridiculous since I don't have that problem against other chars.

You're absolutely right. It's like he has a weird hurtbox or something. I actually have much more success just using a simple K to make sure the attack hits, unless I'm at super-point-blank range in which case I'll go for the 3A.

What I usually do is simply block her up close attacks(most of her up close attacks will destroy Xiba's, so attacking up close while at advantage or disadvantage is usually useless), and carefully await an opening to use his best up close attack IMO, 6B, which is safe on block. If she blocks it, she usually can hit you with a fast counterattack, which you can use as an opportunity to just guard or GI if you have meter. I get most Pyrrhas to back off me and carefully think out their attacks once they see I can do this. This is your opportunity to mix up 6B, and throw in 3A+B for a two-way mid/low option mixup. Once 3A+B hits, if they don't tech it, they will crumple to the ground, and you can followup with 6B during the crumple state for a free two hit combo.

If they aren't mashing out her quick attacks up close, you can then proceed to applying block pressure with 6B~K. Sometimes it's good to condition them to block the followup kick by doing this several times. This opens up an opportunity for a tick throw mixup by foregoing K after 6B. To really mess them up, you may even try doing Xiba's 44B+K unblockable, then cancel it with G, then go for his 1A sweep. A combination of these things will get the majority of Pyrrha's to back off of you, then you can continue to dominate the mid-long range playing field. Hope this helps. :)

I'm having hard time with a C5 QB Pyrrha who uses rolling pin...When she 246B and pokes me, she will continue with a 6B launch. Before I can roll away or stand up, she repeats. Many a time beaten to death this way. Any good idea to deal with this kind of attack? Thanks!

There's no way I can explain Xiba like Tonloc has, but in order to see what attacks can keep fast characters away is to think about what possible use some of Xiba's pokes are for, for instance if I get a knock down on a natsu I just 3B while they are on the ground to knock them way back. Or if the person is running in, in order to keep them back I just 1A to knock them over, then I follow up with my mix-up. I also like to use REM and condition the player to block REM-K, after awhile I then use REM-B and follow up with 6B~K. Completely screws with people and has them back off either from feeling helpless or make them think.

If you are versus someone like Astaroth who has a better mid-range than Xiba (in my opinion) but a worse close up game. Then I suggest getting in close and interrupting his attacks and guards with mix-up and some throwing, however most people worry about getting grabbed, but if you are in Astaroths face, then its easy to anticipate the grab because Astaroth will be trying it.

There's no way I can explain Xiba like Tonloc has, but in order to see what attacks can keep fast characters away is to think about what possible use some of Xiba's pokes are for, for instance if I get a knock down on a natsu I just 3B while they are on the ground to knock them way back. Or if the person is running in, in order to keep them back I just 1A to knock them over, then I follow up with my mix-up. I also like to use REM and condition the player to block REM-K, after awhile I then use REM-B and follow up with 6B~K. Completely screws with people and has them back off either from feeling helpless or make them think.
Mind explaining REM?

Back