Xiba Matchups that just don't seem fair...

For Sieg, 22/88B shuts down every follow up to Sieg 3 if timed right.
22/88B evades everything if the sieg player attacks right away. So there is no timing involved on the xiba players part.
However the sieg player might delay his attacks or realign himself manually with 4 or 6 in which case you need to adapt to the player.

22/88B evades everything if the sieg player attacks right away. So there is no timing involved on the xiba players part.
However the sieg player might delay his attacks or realign himself manually with 4 or 6 in which case you need to adapt to the player.
This be true. However im fairly sure that if Xiba just goes for right away it it'll hit Sieg out of 4 or 6.

And i didn't say that the timing was one the Xiba's side, i just said if timed right. It's all player dependent.

This be true. However im fairly sure that if Xiba just goes for right away it it'll hit Sieg out of 4 or 6.
One might think so but realigning with 6~SCH K is faster than xibas 22_88 B. I know because i spend a bit of time in the lab for that situation due to someone requesting me to.

However 4 doesn't work because of the distance it creates.

Personally, I find Nightmare to be one of the best match-ups for Xiba. But that's probably just me. Anytime I anticipate Grim Stride I stuff him with 6B+K and when ever he goes into NSS I use 4B which beats out all of his options there except A+B and even beats that out at certain distances. Plus, if he gets wise and starts to block those moves, they still deal a ton of guard break.

The characters I have the hardest time with are Ivy, Natsu, Mitsu and Cervy. I just can't seem to get in on a good Ivy. Natsu is just too damn fast and hard to pin down. I usually can only beat her if I can keep her from gaining any momentum. Mitsu is just Mitsu. And Cervy, I really don't know why he gives me so much trouble. I find him catching my 8 way with his WR A a lot.

Viola, Voldo and Yoshi are tough too, but I attribute that more to my personal lack of experience there rather than a bad match-up.

Viola anad Yoshi are hard for the same reasons Cervy, Mitsu, Natsu and Ivy are hard. Great close/mid range game. Their buttons will beat your buttons and throw you in a bad situation.

Voldo is not bad for us, not at all.

Yeah, I just don't get to play Voldo enough to really get a feel for how to deal with him effectively. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

The characters I have the hardest time with are Ivy, Natsu, Mitsu and Cervy. I just can't seem to get in on a good Ivy. Natsu is just too damn fast and hard to pin down.

I feel ya, those two give me the run around. If I try to outspace ivy, she beats me, and if I get in too close she beats me as well. And Natsu is Natsu of course; I do find 3BKK to beat her s-low circle kick thingy. Her bombs use to give me a bunch of trouble but they are easy to avoid by doing a 7A or a 7B, just takes getting use to.

I feel ya, those two give me the run around. If I try to outspace ivy, she beats me, and if I get in too close she beats me as well. And Natsu is Natsu of course; I do find 3BKK to beat her s-low circle kick thingy. Her bombs use to give me a bunch of trouble but they are easy to avoid by doing a 7A or a 7B, just takes getting use to.
Try 6K on the bombs and REM on the circle kick thingy... Natsu users hate that :)

well I've played with many of the best players, I'm gonna say some names, just so you know that I know what I'm talking about, those players include, lolo, RTD, Woahhzz, Xeph, Fhwoarang, OmegaDR himself and many others so I know that nightmare and siegfried are not that hard to Xiba, especially if you use B+K that will just do wonders cause of the combo oportunity, I think B+K is the most underrated move of Xiba since almost nobody use it, when its a defense against ALL horizontals and let's you do really good MU and gauge deamge, some of the best moves of sieg, night, natsu, ivy, asta, maxi, or xiba himself, are horizontal attacks, but more important, many, MANY players do horizontal attacks in certain times, especially WR, or when trying to get close, with sieg and night is kinda "easy" deppending on the player, to anticipate when they're gonna use an horizontal attack, if the player stops doing that and tries to hit you with verticals, xiba has 22_88B or he can just step and do 3bkk or even an A+B combo with devastating results for your opponent, now I have a hard time with a beast mitsu like RTD, the poke game of mitsu is just a pain in the ass since they are safe, quick, and deals decent deamage, natsu is really anoying as well since she can punish xiba really bad and even in close range, the fastest attacks of xiba are lame compared to natsu's A, so if she is close to you, block, block and block, and get away to a safe distance and phyrra is just scary. Now pat and Apat, ppfffff both of them are a hard time for xiba, not only B+K wont work on many of their attacks since many of their best are verticals, but against a good Apat, 3B is forbiden no matter what you do or you dont do Apat can punish or interrup anything you try after 3b with his twist attack, fortunately almost no Apat players know this, so if you are against Apat, pat, mitsu, natsu, maybe a good asta or a good cerv, you will have a hard time but nothing more, asuming that you are good and that your opponent is, now if you are against an Algol that actually knows how to play him, and that knows xiba's weaknesses, then you will probably die. Anyway, is not a matter of how can Xiba respond to certain mixups cause he has very good options to punish the opponent, especially if it wiffs, plus, 2A and 2k can interrup a lot of things and WRA is really good as well to stop your opponent. Now if your opponont just keeps blocking just use FCA+B that thing breaks the opponents guard in like 6 hits, so stop at 5 and do 3b, they'll break. but be carefull cause the second hit is easy to step or JG

Lmao. Basically... Xiba basics are good... is what I gathered from the above wall of text.

I have big trouble vs. Voldo and Leixia if anyone has any insight. I feel like they just aren't punishable, and my mixups just aren't working against them. Sidestepping Leixia is a bitch, too... I just can't get it! But that's probably my own fingers' fault.

Xiba is a really cool character, and don't get me wrong when I say this, but he kinda sucks...I don't use him, but my brother does, and he's not really too bad, but he cannot beat me with Xiba (i use Maxi). It seems like I can fall out of Xibas natural combos very easily, also being able to block some of his multi hit moves after being hit by the first one or two strikes seems like a huge disadvantage. Is there something that he's doing wrong or what?

Back