Xiba Q&A / General Discussion

In normal cases yes, but walls will make you go off axis

Yeah, other than that it is fine. You just want to optimize your rewards. 9K as a combo will do 2 less points of damage than 3kB, but when it clean hits it will do 3 more damage than 3kB. 9K is a Clean Hit A so the chances are pretty high of it clean hitting. However, it is entirely up to you.
Oh okay thanks for the info. Also, do you space/poke or rush Ivy? I've been trying both and it seems like she beats me at both games.

Oh okay thanks for the info. Also, do you space/poke or rush Ivy? I've been trying both and it seems like she beats me at both games.
I space her but I don't use many pokes at longer ranges. I mainly threaten with aGI and whiff punish her since Xiba does that super well. If you rush ivy you are going to have to deal with her 3B and 214B evading your 3Bs and 6Bs. You can kill the tech steps with 3kB, but she does get a small punish when she blocks it (I think it is 3A or 66A which does less damage). Same thing with your 1A where she gets almost nothing (Ivy 6A punishes up close for less than 20 damage).

I space her but I don't use many pokes at longer ranges. I mainly threaten with aGI and whiff punish her since Xiba does that super well. If you rush ivy you are going to have to deal with her 3B and 214B evading your 3Bs and 6Bs. You can kill the tech steps with 3kB, but she does get a small punish when she blocks it (I think it is 3A or 66A which does less damage). Same thing with your 1A where she gets almost nothing (Ivy 6A punishes up close for less than 20 damage).
So you like 3BK and not 4B. I always wiff punish with 3BK

3BKK does more damage than 4B, but it also has less range and is a risk if you mess up the punish. 4B also creates a lot of distance on hit and block. Your 4B+K will even whiff punish stuff like Ivy 9B+K or Astaroth 1AA on JG since the range is incredible. They are all good.

3BKK does more damage than 4B, but it also has less range and is a risk if you mess up the punish. 4B also creates a lot of distance on hit and block. Your 4B+K will even whiff punish stuff like Ivy 9B+K or Astaroth 1AA on JG since the range is incredible. They are all good.
But you would normally rush asta right?

But you would normally rush asta right?
Xiba can get the pressure on up close if he wants too since 6BK and 6AK can't be interrupted along with the lack of a strong block punishment game from Astaroth. If you play the spacing game you can get a launch for most of his whiffs, and the same can be said for Astaroth if you whiff.

Depends. If you can get both hits of 6K to connect (sometimes only one hit will because of range issues), it does more damage and you are up close. kB will keep you spaced out and has more range than the 6K combo ender.

Depends. If you can get both hits of 6K to connect (sometimes only one hit will because of range issues), it does more damage and you are up close. kB will keep you spaced out and has more range than the 6K combo ender.
Oh okay I didn't think of it like that. Yeah cuz my match and NCR, blueboy kept saying I should 6K after 6A BE , but I'd rather keep my distance against Pyr O.

Oh okay I didn't think of it like that. Yeah cuz my match and NCR, blueboy kept saying I should 6K after 6A BE , but I'd rather keep my distance against Pyr O.
I remember seeing that match on YT. I'll look it up when I get home and PM you tips.

if you want space use 1B after the BE
mefnirV.gif

I've been threatening Ivy with REM lately and it is SUUUUUCH a good tool. They just freeze so a REM~B does good guard damage and you get a free combo. I like it.

I was playing against a random Xiba the other day and they landed a Rem B on me and actually combo'd a 3B afterwards? This was done at a certain range but I was unable to do it myself in training, feels abit like Raphs 22B - 3B.

Andy, Sounds like it a tech trap to me. But it might be worth labbing since it would provide more ringout options after a REM B.

Also, I'd like to know what you guys do to put pressure on grounded opponents. I find myself incredibly harmless after I manage to score a knockdown by just using running up an mashing basic stuff like 6B/2K.

A very interesting tool against knockdown opponent is Xiba iWSB, it's really powerful ! It tracks on your left, do like 35/38 damages and is safe on block. It breaks in 9 the guard too. Can be right techtrap sometimes too, like after 44K =)

Back