Xiba Q&A / General Discussion

quick question i was looking over some frame data and i cant remember, what does the "i" before the number mean?
The 'i' stands for Instant, meaning it takes at least 1 frame for the game to register your input before the move starts to come out.

what is this 623B hat trick that was talked about in the combo section, I understand the directional inputs but how does it work exactly?

Also what is RCC and B!E!? The wall combo was listed as this...

623B ~ 623B ~ RCC A+B ~ RCC A+B ~ B!E! ~ 4B

what is this 623B hat trick that was talked about in the combo section, I understand the directional inputs but how does it work exactly?

That combo is only for awesome Dampierre players.

The 'i' stands for Instant, meaning it takes at least 1 frame for the game to register your input before the move starts to come out.

thank you sir. i wonder if there is a thread where all of the technical terms are listed, i felt kinda awkward asking in a gameplay discussion thread

quick question i was looking over some frame data and i cant remember, what does the "i" before the number mean?
I'm pretty sure in frame data the "i" stands for impact. Meaning that an i11 move shows that the 11th frame is the frame of impact.

That combo (although you included two RCC A+B's, there should only be one) is the Dampierre combo that I had in my signature. Perhaps you misread a post of mine in the combo section and thought that my signature was part of the post.

RCC means Recover Crouching Cancel. It's an old term used from as far back as the Soul Calibur 2 days. Basically it means that when you do a move that puts you in a crouching state, you can cancel and recover out of it by tapping 6 (or even 4) with precision, followed very quickly by a standing move (in Dampierre's case A+B). Since you can't do certain standing moves from a crouch position, this method allows you to, but requires a bit of skill to pull off.

B!E! is an abbreviation for a signature Dampierre move called "Bravo! Encore!".

damn I'm dumb, lol I swear the hat trick combo was listed in the Kilik combo thread, I guess it was a mistake then

As far as starting the match when making space and zoning, I was wondering what moves you guys are using?

I use 66A sometimes, but it feels slow! I keep hitting A the second time thinking I'm using Kilik

Howdy people. This thread seems a bit dead, but hopefully someone out there's still looking at this thread.

How am I supposed to play Xiba, exactly? It seems like with Remembrance (and it seems like you only have one move out of remembrance), you're supposed to just be chaining combos and using unpredictable GIs, but don't GIs burn your meter?

Any tips on how to have my inputs set up to optimize my playing? Still not sure what's ideal yet.

Any tips are appreciated, in the meantime I'll be chilling in practice mode.

Remembrance has three attacks out of it.

The controller set-up I have is
Default face buttons
LB/L1- A+B
RB/R1- B+K
LT/L2- B+G
RT/R2- A+B+K

That should allow you to do anything with Xiba you will need. As far as hints and tips I can't really help you there I don't main him my man does. One thing he does catch me with a lot is blocked REM B into aGi CE when I try to attack. Seems like a really nice set up.

I do have a question, actually. It might help. How exactly do I turn to face the other direction? Seems like certain moves requires me to turn around, but that means I can't do them unless I know how to turn around. :<

I do have a question, actually. It might help. How exactly do I turn to face the other direction? Seems like certain moves requires me to turn around, but that means I can't do them unless I know how to turn around. :<
You can only use them when the enemy gets behind you. I think the only characters that can turn around on there own are Yoshi and Voldo. I know Xiba's 88B throws his opponent behind him for Back Turned B+K or any other move you want.

If the opponent is behind him after 22/88B you can tap G and immediately input 3kB for a RO.

Ok so i've been meaning to talk about this for a week now lol but REM B can literally go through some characters.

A week ago vs a Nightmare, when slightly off access more towards his front you can just do it over and over and it will just go through him.
2 nights ago vs KDZ online with Cervy. I did 3B into REM B and it will go through Cervy half the time.

May be something worth trying on everyone because they get free punishes that hurt if it just whiffs like that

Yes I mentioned that in a thread about wonky issues with sc5. Happens if you're point blank and can be random due to opponents hurt box, typically if at an angle to the opponent or their side.

It first happened to me against a cerv. I could do it in training against nightmare and xiba.

It seems like with Remembrance (and it seems like you only have one move out of remembrance), you're supposed to just be chaining combos and using unpredictable GIs, but don't GIs burn your meter?

Auto-GIs do not burn your meter. You can REM GI things all day long. Is that what you meant?

Yes I mentioned that in a thread about wonky issues with sc5. Happens if you're point blank and can be random due to opponents hurt box, typically if at an angle to the opponent or their side.

It first happened to me against a cerv. I could do it in training against nightmare and xiba.
Well it absolutely doesn't have to be point blank is what im saying lol.

Back