Xiba Q&A / General Discussion

Just noticed a mistake in the frame data:

3B is -12 on block, not -10 which I have just finished testing extensively, as it made me as an Alpha player exceptionally happy!

This is crucial knowledge for Xiba players in the Alpha matchup because it means you can't spam it vs Alpha as you would against the rest of the roster as JF Twister option selects the following:
Punishes 3B.
Avoids second hit of 3B K and punishes.
Punishes 3(B)
Interrupts any 3(B) REM followup.

Put simply:
1. No mixup vs Alpha
2. Update the frame data
3. U MAD? =P

What do you mean by "drop" on counter...and there's always mixup options, even on alpha, no big issue here for xiba v.s. alpha match ups..

Ah.. I'd say it won't miss if the a or b hits on a counter hit.. But i dunno, I haven't seen it or tested it on alpha....sometimes Its just the the angles in the game gets messed up, I've whiffed bunch a stuff before, but never "dropped" the k with a counter hit 6ak or 6bk

Another thing that's been bugging me and has been happening often. 33_99 A and REM B goes through opponent when the opponent hasn't moved at all.

Yes rem. b will commonly go through cervy and others...it takes away the fairness of that match up, It is a major xiba issue that needs to be fixed, but I doubt it, project soul will only tend to the need of Japanese players

Hi guys,
just learning the Xiba matchup by playing him.
At long range, what moves should Xiba be doing to fish for mistakes or to convince the opponent that s/he needs to rush in? Or a good poke that deals guard damage?
Just looking for good ideas to make the opponent lose their patience if they want to hang back.

Ah.. I'd say it won't miss if the a or b hits on a counter hit.. But i dunno, I haven't seen it or tested it on alpha....sometimes Its just the the angles in the game gets messed up, I've whiffed bunch a stuff before, but never "dropped" the k with a counter hit 6ak or 6bk
I've noticed it happening a lot against Maxi and Mitsurugi. I guess i'll look into it more.

Back