Xiba Q&A / General Discussion

3kB is very UNDERRATED. Its a phenomenal move. Range is deceivingly long, its fast as hell, even though its unsafe the pushback makes it very rarely punishable. You can literally wiff punish from a mile away with this.

Honestly all in all I really dont think he is not a viable character. Or as bad as some people here think he is. His lows are safe as hell, he step catches like no other, his damage is high, some of the best wall combos in the game, wiff punishing is his shizznit.

I dont know, I feel like if you truly play him in the highest level he is a good character. Specially if you can CH confirm.

how many frames is between xiba's AA and K? I have seen some people counter it after they block the 1st 2 hit. I know this is fully punishable if you duck the 2nd hit, but if you don't duck, can you punish it between 1st and 2nd hit?

what's the best combo after guard break and GI? I am guessing either 3BKK for meter less or 6BKBE 6K for meterfor GI, but I am not sure about guard break, is there enough time to do A+BBKBE?
After a GI 3BKK is your best bet. A+B is too slow, although you can GI, run up and do it to get them if they immediately re-GI.

For a guard burst, try to break with 3(B) for a Rem B combo. Set up a wall combo or RO off this if the stage allows it. Otherwise you can break with something like 44K so you can get A+BBK BE.

why am i not seeing xiba players ABUSE of Kb? because that move is GODLIKE, i mean, an invisible, safe low that cant be jumped and deals with 40 damage at short range (think it is positive on hit at short range too) seems way too good for me.

why am i not seeing xiba players ABUSE of Kb? because that move is GODLIKE, i mean, an invisible, safe low that cant be jumped and deals with 40 damage at short range (think it is positive on hit at short range too) seems way too good for me.
I don't actually play much (no system) but if it's the same as Kilik's kB, that move always felt a bit too slow and short-ranged to me. Seems like you're asking to get counterhit using it.

Which brings me to my big question: As a long-retired Kilik player who only very occasionally gets to play SCV, what moves carry over from Kilik to Xiba? I know, for instance, that Kilik's old WR A+K became Xiba's WR A+B. There were a number of other moves I couldn't do anymore because the inputs changed or the timing's weird (like Kilik's old 3kB...I tried it all the time and only got the first hit, EVER. But it sounds like, in this thread, that 3kB is alive and well).

I want a Kilik-to-Xiba FAQ!!!

Quoted from a thread I started a day or two ago:

Some of my old Kilik standby moves:
2A. I was pretty good at the RCC to spam this move a lot. But it appears to be gone now.
6B. I was really missing this poke!
46B. I didn't rely on the stun from this old move, but it was a great stopper against rushdown.
3A. OMG, as bad as this move was, I sure used to use it. Xiba's 3A seems even more useless.
facedown A+B/A+K mixups. I especially loved the A+B cancel to get out of trouble. At least I learned the new A+K input.
6A+K. Another stunning rushdown stopper I liked to throw out.
AAB, of course. I actually just want the AA back! You suck, Xiba!!!!
88_22AB. I actually forgot about this move most of the weekend. So much rust on my game.
WS B. C'mon, I'd be lying if I said I never used this. Though I never, ever got any good at the instant crouch version.
2B+K. I know it's now 2A, but I liked it better as the heavier variant to the faster old 2A.
3kB. Ugh, my main ringout/rushdown finisher looks like it's gone! (But this input has changed at least once already in the series, so maybe not.)
bA. This little sidestep strike was integral to my game, too.
And, most of all, aA. THIS was my favorite poke. I can't believe it's gone.

Some new moves I'm not sure about:
3BB: A launcher to a GI move?
-or-
3BK: Same launcher but a with a sweet little double kick. I could love these.
88_22B: Great launcher that I have zero idea how to exploit. Doesn't seem to track well.
1B: Ha, I love this low retreating hit. Got to be careful not to spam it.
3K: This looks like the first hit of the old 3kB, but it's not throwing out the 2nd hit. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice.

Cause if your opponent steps it wiffs. Even if he nudges a tiny little to the side it wiffs. It is very linear. Also, it may be + on hit but most times after you hit your opponent with it your outside of 6B range therefore its not like you can frame trap anything.
Its a good move, but IMO its not GDLK.

Cause if your opponent steps it wiffs. Even if he nudges a tiny little to the side it wiffs. It is very linear. Also, it may be + on hit but most times after you hit your opponent with it your outside of 6B range therefore its not like you can frame trap anything.
Its a good move, but IMO its not GDLK.

Ok, thanks a lot.

After a GI 3BKK is your best bet. A+B is too slow, although you can GI, run up and do it to get them if they immediately re-GI.
66K, B](slight charge). If you don't do a slight charge it'll do 65 damage. If you do, it does 66. If you delay it to long, it will hit them grounded and do only 55 damage. It beats immediate re-GI attempts and it has Clean Hit A(Or B) which does 70 damage no charge, 71 slight charge. 3B, K, K can be for w!s or ROs though.

To come back at the xiba popularity topic, while i do think that xiba is a solid mid character, i believe that there are a lot of factors that make him so rare among good players.

For one its the basic-ness of his style. Some not so strong chars like Zwei or Raph just get played because they have a very interesting and unique style.

Secondly, there are basic chars that DO get played like mitsu, pyrrha or pat which are just so popular because of their power lvl. This further decreases the chances for xibas because even though he is solid, if a person wants to play a basic char, there are just better top/high tier alternatives.

And thirdly there are some chars which are popular among noobs like NM, Siegfried, Maxi or Leixia (Leixia=Xianghua) which are not top tiers but still get played more often solely because of the chars themselves. Xiba is a new char, so he has not as big of a following and when i look around, xiba's looks/personality seems to be largely despised by many (justin xiba...). I truly believe if Xiba actually WAS Kilik, there would be more people playing him.

Tldr: Basic style, better alternatives, unpopular new char design

I don't actually play much (no system) but if it's the same as Kilik's kB, that move always felt a bit too slow and short-ranged to me. Seems like you're asking to get counterhit using it.

Which brings me to my big question: As a long-retired Kilik player who only very occasionally gets to play SCV, what moves carry over from Kilik to Xiba? I know, for instance, that Kilik's old WR A+K became Xiba's WR A+B. There were a number of other moves I couldn't do anymore because the inputs changed or the timing's weird (like Kilik's old 3kB...I tried it all the time and only got the first hit, EVER. But it sounds like, in this thread, that 3kB is alive and well).

I want a Kilik-to-Xiba FAQ!!!

Quoted from a thread I started a day or two ago:

I can not believe you named all of this moves but you didnt mention the asura dance or the stance grabs.

For the love of all that is holy, could somebody please tell me what the start up frames on his REM stance attacks are? Right now it's the only glaring whole in his frame data, and it makes question it's application in some areas =_=;. Thank you.

Edit: It looks like his frame data hasn't been touch since patch 1.02 ...This makes things a bit troublesome.

I know, I just mean that it hasn't been looked into since with more discovered information.
EDIT:
REM A i20
REM B i23
REM K i29
Obviously different stance entries add more/different frames to entering REM
My apologies if that information was actually brought up somewhere and I missed it.

I saw a few posts a while back saying you have to work hard for wins with Xiba.

Is this true? Would you describe Xiba as difficult to win with? Any specific reasons why?

I saw a few posts a while back saying you have to work hard for wins with Xiba.

Is this true? Would you describe Xiba as difficult to win with? Any specific reasons why?

Xiba is very much like Siegfried and Nightmare, in that he highly rewards good yomi, and has an uphill battle with bad yomi. He can build some serious oki pressure that often leads into good damage and more oki. His stuff works best (or only) on CH, so finishing for those and catching step can be crucial. Not to mention his whiff punishment is nuts if you're on the ball.

I keep getting told that he's very straight forward, but so far, I'm finding that his tools require more smart and creative use to get a lot out of them than most of the other characters I've used. But he definitely has the tools for success.

Do you guys think that the fact his CE TCs is bad? I think it is. There's been many times that I CE'd hoping to get a GI but I get the regular damage or the CH damage instead. True it removes the possibility of getting grabbed halfway through the move, but I'd much rather have the ability to GI highs.

It is a bit frustrating, a lot of times it won't GI and I feel like I completely wasted 1 full meter; would have gotten much more damage by two GI's into 66K, B *I think*. For the most part I've stopped throwing out CE's unless I know the opponent is doing verticals after I attack them.

Do you guys think that the fact his CE TCs is bad? I think it is. There's been many times that I CE'd hoping to get a GI but I get the regular damage or the CH damage instead. True it removes the possibility of getting grabbed halfway through the move, but I'd much rather have the ability to GI highs.
then play NM or Damp

Back