Xiba Q&A / General Discussion

Most of Xiba's tools only shine on counter hit, so it's not really a good idea to throw out willy nilly like that :|. You should really only be using 66B if you read a backstep since it catches backstep pretty well for the CH other wise just go 3B. Btw, shouldn't half of the thread be in the general discussion one rather than the meet and greet?

Most of Xiba's tools only shine on counter hit, so it's not really a good idea to throw out willy nilly like that :|. You should really only be using 66B if you read a backstep since it catches backstep pretty well for the CH other wise just go 3B. Btw, shouldn't half of the thread be in the general discussion one rather than the meet and greet?
Yes but people don't know how to post properly

I apologize if there is already thread for this, but how do you guys play this character? He seems quite defensively geared with the very nice REM stance and the GI properties of his CE. Yet when I fail massively when i try to play him defensively.

And another question that might sound incredibly dumb but what move do you use to break an opponents guard that is blinking red? I somehow struggle with this despite xiba being a character that can quickly wear down someones guard gauge.

I apologize if there is already thread for this, but how do you guys play this character? He seems quite defensively geared with the very nice REM stance and the GI properties of his CE. Yet when I fail massively when i try to play him defensively.
Xiba is a character that excels at 50/50's, whiff punishment, and counter-hit fishing. What kind of problems are you running into when you try to play him defensively?

And another question that might sound incredibly dumb but what move do you use to break an opponents guard that is blinking red? I somehow struggle with this despite xiba being a character that can quickly wear down someones guard gauge.
A lot of moves break guard with Xiba. 3B ~ REM B is probably the easiest to break someone's guard with, but there are other ways to do it. Click here to go to his frame data. The frame data will have a column that says GB. This stands for guard burst and will tell you how many times you have to use that move to break an opponent's guard. For example, BB breaks in 7 so if you do this move 7 times your opponent's guard will be broken leaving them vulnerable to an attack.

Xiba is a character that excels at 50/50's, whiff punishment, and counter-hit fishing. What kind of problems are you running into when you try to play him defensively?

How should I put it, I feel like he does not have such good range and his AA is a whopping i18, leaving his only real get off me move to be 3A which is fast but it has such short range, the same goes for his 2A. Most attacks I block tend to push me out of their range constantly. I struggle to find a golden range for this character to be in. Most likely one of those things that you improve upon the more you play the character but at the moment it is an issue for me.

You mention he excels at counter-hit fishing. Could you please elaborate on that? I´d love to know some basic set-ups.

Xiba isn't made for 50/50 rushdown. He has some nice lows but can't pressure like that. What Party Wolf means is that a lot of his easier to use and more rewarding stuff is on CH. 6BK is the prime example you'll see used constantly. CH 6AK is a good damage KND stepkill. I think Xieber can be like Yun in that his power is in reverse mixups. Have them block something safe and guess what they'll do after. B+K aGI and 22B as a whiff punish are both quite rewarding for him.

How should I put it, I feel like he does not have such good range and his AA is a whopping i18
Xiba does have range, but some of them just require you to get a counter-hit for their damage. For example, his 6A is only going to be effective if you get a run counter (when they step) or an attack counter (hitting them out of an attack). Without the counter-hit you don't get the knockdown that leads to his damage.
leaving his only real get off me move to be 3A which is fast but it has such short range, the same goes for his 2A.
If you feel that being up close is uncomfortable on some match ups, you always have the option to space after a knockdown or while you have frame advantage. Some other up close attacks you can use but not limited to are 6B, 3A+B, kB, 2B+K, and throw mix-ups.
Most attacks I block tend to push me out of their range constantly. I struggle to find a golden range for this character to be in. Most likely one of those things that you improve upon the more you play the character but at the moment it is an issue for me.
Ideal range is kind of based off your play style. Me personally, I like a mid-range where I am close enough to 3B, but far enough to not be forced into a poke war so that I can whiff punish without being beat out by a faster character's frames.
You mention he excels at counter-hit fishing. Could you please elaborate on that? I´d love to know some basic set-ups.
Well there aren't really any set ups besides someone disrespecting your frame advantage and you getting an attack counter. A great thing to do is take mental notes of when your opponent steps. For example, if your opponent sidesteps every time they get a 2K then you should try to go for a step catcher (6A is his fast damaging one). It can also work the other way around where you do a move and they step every time they block it.

Ah such wonderful advice. Much appreciated. After playing with this guy more I´d like to retract my statement that Xiba lacks range as I start to realize the deceiving long ass range this guy has with for example 44B and kB. His ability to really mess with your opponents mind is also surprising due to his hard hitting options if he guesses right. Also safe lows? I love abusing this with Apat players who just throw out twisters after blocking them. Yum yum.

But that´s not what I wanted to talk about. I´d like to know your views on using 44K on wakeup. I am kind of warming up to this move since it hits OTG and if blocked leaves you in a great position to read their next move for massive damage since it is only -3. I really like his basic but deadly wakeup pressure.

44K is pretty good. Most of the time people block it from my experience, so it is good for gaurd pressure like you said

I saw a combo about twice online where it starts as a mid but moves into a low, I have looked on the moves list and didn't find anything. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

I saw a combo about twice online where it starts as a mid but moves into a low, I have looked on the moves list and didn't find anything. Anybody know what I'm talking about?
44AA.

It's a good move. Hit confirmable, safe, mid, good hitbox, good damage.

Don't think that's it :/ it's 3 hits and he spins around a lot, it's not AAK either. Tanks though. It's like trying to find a song without the lyrics -_-'
22AAA. It's a hidden move that only Edgemaster and Kilik have when mimicking Xiba's style.

Sorry for the double post but HAHAHAAHAHA HOLY SHIT IT WORKS WHILE LANDING

EDIT: List of Xiba moves that can now break with this glitch are 6B, A, 3K, 1K
Oh holy shit, I didn't even think to test this. It works with all the other ones that work from FC too, like Aeon 4B, Damp and Algol 6Bs, NM 6K, etc. It even works for some moves that don't seem to work from FC, like generic 2Bs.

Back