Xiba, Yoshimitsu, Cervantes and Aeon Confirmed!

• Admin
Today, Famitsu announced four new characters for Soulcalibur V! While Yoshimitsu was "sort of" announced in the custom character trailer, there was never any real confirmation. As well, hints about Aeon Calcos comings from soundtrack leaks (the same way Raphael was discovered early). Aeon Calcos in case you don't know, is the original Lizardman!

In addition to the return of the immortal Cervantes, Namco has revealed a new staff user by the name of "Xiba". Xiba, a character clearly designed around the Monkey King from the Journey to the West story in Chinese Folklore. Several months back, Daishi stated on his twitter that Kilik was an "ill-fated" character. With the introduction of Xiba, it begs the question: "What happened to Kilik?"

2d_aeon.jpg 2d_cervantes.jpg 2d_xiba.jpg 2d_yoshimitsu.jpg
aeon_3D-Render.jpg cervantes_3D.jpg xiba1_3D-Render.jpg yoshimitsu_3D-Render.jpg xiba3.jpg alchemy2.jpg
aeon_astaroth.jpg aeon_astaroth2.jpg aeon_pyrrha.jpg aeon1.jpg
aeon2.jpg cervantes_ivy.jpg cervantes_natsu1.jpg cervantes_natsu2.jpg
cervantes1.jpg cervantes2.jpg cervantes3.jpg xiba_leixia.jpg
xiba_maxi.jpg xiba1.jpg xiba2.jpg yoshimitsu_mitsurugi.jpg
yoshimitsu_voldo1.jpg yoshimitsu_voldo2.jpg yoshimitsu1.jpg yoshimitsu2.jpg
alchemy1.jpg cave-ride1.jpg cave-ride2.jpg pirate-ship1.jpg
pirate-ship2.jpg

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
So after Dampierre and the other 4 characters that were just announced, that leaves 7 slots not including not lower middle block. Im guessing that might be used for possible possible dlc or created characters.
notizia-soul-calibur-v-confermato-il-nuovo-soul-ca_5ar9v.jpg

313515_314686611876241_100000047138427_1323660_151777251_n.jpg
A pre-apology if this has already been covered,for i did not read all the posts.But Xiba (whom at this point am in denial about replacing kilik,but thats for another time) is getting a lot of "flack" saying hes a "Goku Ripoff".Well here is a fun fact to end that.Xiba,as its been made obvious,is designed after The Monkey King ,Sun WuKong (as many have figured out already.)But what a lot of other people do not know is.....SO IS/WAS GOKU! So thats how its so easy to compare.So ya see?...theyre BOTH ripoffs ... further more,kiliks original concept was inspired by TMK,so its like they've recreated Kilik...and renamed him!? ...my only concerns with this "kilik replacement",is the possibilty of this kid hoppin around like a little goon the whole match.That would just bother me,as opposed to kiliks serious and semi-grounded movement and serious personality.I wont get into issues regarding "kiliks replacement" on this thread though.Maybe a convo if anyone wants to discuss this? ....again,if this has already been covered,then,my apologies.

So after Dampierre and the other 4 characters that were just announced, that leaves 7 slots not including not lower middle block. Im guessing that might be used for possible possible dlc or created characters.

A few things to clarify,

At this point, Dampierre could possibly be put into a DLC slot. We don't know yet though.

The lower middle block is the counter, as of the most recent builds.

Created characters already have a slot, down in bottom left corner.

That's all!

I'm very interested to see how Xiba will play, though I believe he will end up being similar to Kilik. In the combat screenshots they have of him I can definantly catch the similarities just from the poses. They, in fact, look exactly like Kilik's moves.

#1: While Rising K
#2: 8K
#3: Looks very much like the last swing of Kilik's "Asura Dance"
#4: Could be Kilik's 66K K B (the middle of the string)

I have confidence that I'll enjoy him regardless. I needs me my man with a stick ^-^

I still dont think Xiba is Kilik's replacement. I'm still hoping he's just a replacement for Mina. Could be her kid? Could be just a different kind of Staff user.

i'm glad that the new yoshi sounds cool at least in japanese. i'm annoyed by xiba's voice though and his personality but i called that early anyway.

Yeah, I don't think Xiba will be a "Luigiized" clone like Natsu-Toe, Pyrrha, and Leixia. But I still think his inclusion is for replacin' both Mina's and Kilik's, or at least one [most likely Kilik's].

I hope the build for NEC and SCR will have these characters playable.

Also, I really hope that Aeon's fire-breathin' bullshit is only do able in his CE.

Stages look epic as usual. Renders are slightly disappointing as usual. (OMG lizard cloaca to the face!) Cervantes is looking very... lively this time. Guess he got over the undead thing. I'm not too disappointed. It's time his story progressed. I wish Aeon could have done the same. I'd like to finally see a human version of him.

And omg omg, i love this so much:

A real world map with real countries labelled on it. Not sure if the names are 100% historically accurate for the era, but at least they're making an effort. I'll take it.

I just wish they would throw in some more real historical events into story mode, like at least a mention of the religious wars that were utterly consuming Europe at the time.

The map is actually pretty spot-on. The names are all latin - I translated it a while back:

If anyone is interested (I'm very bored at work), I have translated the story mode world map from latin :)

Pretty self explanatory mostly, apart from a few places. Hopefully, we'll see stages from a lot of these locations (and some in Asia too of course).

From left to right (approx):

Regnum Scotiae - The Kingdom of Scotland

Regnum Britanniae - The Kingdom of Britain
Londinium - London

Regnum Franciae - The Kingdom of France
Lutetia Parisiorum - Paris
Lugdunum - Lyon
Sequana - The River Seine

Nederlandia - The Netherlands

Helvetia - Switzerland

Imperium Romanum Sacrum - The Holy Roman Empire (historic, now Germany)
Saxonia, Bavaria and Brandenburgum - German regions/states
Berolinum - Berlin
Lipsiae - Leipzig
Francofurti - Frankfurt
Bremae - Bremen
Hamburgum -Hamburg
Rhenus - The River Rhine

Venetiae - The Republic of Venice (historic)
Roma - Rome
Mediolanum - Milan
Padus - The River Po

Magnus Ducatus Austriae - The Grand Duchy of Austria (historic)
Vienna - same
Salisburgum - Saltzburg
Danubius - The River Danube

Bohemia - The Czech Republic nowadays (approx)
Praga - Prague

Unio Poloniae Lithuaniaeque - The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (historic, Lynette from SC3 is from here).

Hungaria - Hungary
Buda - Budapest

Imperium Ottomanum - The Ottoman Empire

EDIT! I also just noticed:

Regnum Danorum - The Kingdom of Denmark

Corsica - The Island of Corsica.
This is off Italy's coast, which is a likely location for Voldo's money-pit.
It's in the Mediterraneum, go left from Roma. Corsica is now a French Island, but at the time of Soul Calibur 5, it was part of the Republic of Genoa (Italy), so it makes sense for Voldo and Vercci to have set up a base there.

Principatium Transylvaniae - The Principality of Transylvania (part of modern-day Romania).​

Great, then it's even better than I expected. I love SC.

I'm really pleased about it too! With certain aspects of the game getting increasingly fantasy (non-ageing, magical orbs for weapons and......Zwei), the world-map keeps the game's setting grounded in a (heightened) reality, and doesn't let it veer too far off into dungeons and dragons territory... :)

Actually think it's worse. Gatsu's green recolor was better.
I just wanted to match the skin tone from SC3's Cervy as shown here:
cervantes.jpg

I just darker the skin tone to match the scene, if you want another color skin, don't worry use CAS in the current game or in the next.

YESH, idk why everyone is so dissapointed, were really lucky to have even pulled soulcalibur from the grave! yesterday i was playing lizardman, and was like.. "Damn hes prolly not even comin back..." *log on to 8way* ._. i dead stared the home screen and prolly shit bricks but omg yes! aeon, who is just badass, and yes i know its not OG lizzy but hes still looks like hes sportin a 3b in his pic. Cervy, my bro, that i dont even know is back to smack that ho ivy. and some really faggy lookin monkey king *cough boy* i mean seriously hes lookin really young and fruity to be a king, but who am i to complain hes a new character :D TY PROJECT SOUL!

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back