X's 4B and (22, 88 B+K)

7thfonon

[08] Mercenary
I've been practicing with X trying to incorporate moves I don't use into my game... I came across 4B and couldn't figure out anyway it could be of any practical use... SXS out of this move string (4BB) isn't woth using since the string itself can be stopped with a mid with decent speed. It doesn't give much pressure on block ( at least to my knowledge ). So is there anything that makes this move worth using that is practical?

Another move that puzzles me is the 22 or 88 B+K. Its a guard impact, I know, but it doesn't look like its giving me an advantage at all. Is there anything else to this move? I've been working on incorporating everything into my game, but these two moves I'm having trouble with.

I think 44b+k and 22b+k are pretty much useless other than using them as a taunt. 4b6b breaks the soul gauge in about 5 hits. Although the last part is a high you can just use 4bb so they wont duck the last part because 4bb both hit mid.

22, 88 B+K is not useless. It's slow true, but if pulled off it can set up for various movies.

If they do not block it, it does a stumble stun. From this you can do A+B, then 3B+K (or 66B+K) juggle combo. Great damage.

If they do block mid/high, then it causes a guard break giving you a great opening for an i3cB.

This move is punishable, so you have to make sure you use it with caution. However, the rewards for using it there.

EDIT: I was thinking about the wrong move. The move your describing has some very tough timing. I just use it as a mind fuck only.

If you are talking about 2[b+k] it is a good attack to use to charge her Silent Xia Sheng stance when the opponent is dead. That is what I use it for.

If you are talking about 2[b+k] it is a good attack to use to charge her Silent Xia Sheng stance when the opponent is dead. That is what I use it for.

I use it for that too. I use it fairly reguarly for the combo I listed above when my opponent is guarding too much.

I just started using X as well and I was wondering about her 4B. I know that 4BB and 4B6B are pretty good soul crush moves, but aside from that what other applications can it have?

There is a general Q&A thread.

Anyways, it seems kind of slow but since you can enter SXS from it, it has its uses for mind games.

4B can be pretty useful for GI-happy opponents (or a post-GI scenario, where you suspect the opponent is going to try and re-GI) because it's one of her slower moves. Of course, there's no guarantee someone won't GI it, and Xianghua does have better mids. Nonetheless, it's not a bad idea to use it once in a while. And like tiggerkiddo said, it can be used for mindgames since she can enter into SXS from it.

In response to the original post, 22_88B+K is fun to throw around randomly. The aGI after 33KA is nifty too (although the input there is 33KA B+K, the B+K ends up yielding the same aGI animation). The move can give rise to some good ol' priceless WTF moments when it works, but I don't think X has any advantage/potential set-ups after it. Other than damaging the opponent's SG, that is. Oh yeah, and it seems to lose its novelty value after the, oh, 3rd or 4th time I use it.

Back