XXX - Xianghua Vid Thread

It's the organizor who has to upload them and he still didn't upload :(
When it's okay i'll share the links ;)

When it's okay i'll share the links ;)

Well, I sure hope he does upload the videos, mademoiselle Kayane! Otherwise, no boss status for you in SCV, I'm afraid! :-))) And seriously: thank you :)

Thanks for the links, I'll add some (complimentary, I'm sure) remarks in this thread after watching the vids today or tomorrow.

Great games, thank you, Kayane! Your match vs. Belial is especially impressive, as expected. Honestly, both of you are probably my favorite players :) Ultra-professional, yet still exciting to watch. I admire your ability to adapt to opponent's playstyle. Yes, I know you have played against Belial before, but he has had a very strong start here. Let's just say he would have probably totally destroyed me psychologically with that perfect round...

Not much to elaborate on the technical side of things - your spacing and move execution is flawless, as usual. Oh, one more thing: in my opinion, you are a best SXS-user out there :) Very creative, intelligent and well-timed transitions into the stance, fine mindgames.

In France i can't use SXS too much because people are used to that, they know how to avoid, to GI or they just do nothing if they don't see the guardcrush for SXS B. So i don't use SXS too much, you may have noticed that I use all my stance charges at the final round in general to surprise my opponent who wasn't use to that during the whole match. :)
Haha yeah I remember the perfect Belial gave me, I smiled at this moment because I really couldn't understand anything !!! I was really impressed by his Mitsu more than Evo. But I wasn't here saying to myself "Oh my goood he destroyed me with a perfect :'( he's in fire !!!", I was thinking that it's his turn to be destroyed haha :)
I could take my revenge and destroy him with a perfect too when i was in a bad situation in the matches, so it's 50-50 ! :D

Thank you for the compliments :)

So i don't use SXS too much, you may have noticed that I use all my stance charges at the final round in general to surprise my opponent who wasn't use to that during the whole match. :)

Yes, that's what I call 'intelligent and well-timed' use of the stance :)

Thank you for the compliments :)

They're all well deserved. Best X I've seen in ages :)

sup, havent posted in a bit but here is footage from the recent "no pros" tournament in Jersey that I won. I guess that makes me a pro now or something

Serge (x) vs Jaxel (talim) - I was on a fucking roll this match. 44B abuse against talim is necessary, especially if you smell a string about to begin
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2191236

Serge (x) - Klizza (Raphael) - This was the winners final, and Klizza has a very pressuring Raphael. Witness 44B tracking Raphael's teleport, and a match where both soul gauges are blinking. And.... Star Wars:-)
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2191270

Serge(x) - Jian (Siegfried, Amy). Two really tough characters to play against, with Sieg's intense 50/50 game and amy's speed. Thats why the star wars stage was randomly selected twice
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2191550

Very good matches. And... Wow! Serge, you are aggressive as hell... Kayane's X is tame and turtlish compared to yours :) Still, I tend to like her style more. No offense meant, your X is superb. Just a matter of personal preference, I guess.

PS: I've noticed you use lots of 3AK's. Surprisingly, the move worked really well on all of your opponents... Maybe it's a (psycho)logical consequence of your, ahem, 'intelligent pitbull' playstyle :) Whenever I use it, it gets blocked and I get punished. Brutally. Yeah, I'm aware it's only -2 on block, but I'm still unable to use it effectively. My own shortcoming, I suppose.

Very good matches. And... Wow! Serge, you are aggressive as hell... Kayane's X is tame and turtlish compared to yours :) Still, I tend to like her style more. No offense meant, your X is superb. Just a matter of personal preference, I guess.

I know how to be aggressive and my nickname in SC world is "pitbull" :), but after many experiences with matches, you know how to fight against each player and each character. There are some times it's forbidden to be aggressive, but when you play you can feel if you are allowed to be aggressive or not, depends of the player/character as i said...during my trip in the USA I learnt how to be patient (i wasn't patient at all before) and thanks to that, i'm really stronger than before and succeeded to win a tournament for the first time at SC4 after i came back in France. I lost before because i wasn't patient enough, but you still can see some videos of my xiang being really aggressive, it's my main style. :)

Yes, I'm sure you restrain yourself for a reason. I did not mean to say by that post: 'Gosh, Serge, your X is godly, I'm in love with you know!!! Kayane's out, Serge's in! All hail!'... Nothing of the sort, trust me :) I readily admit your style is a more carefully balanced one - and that's exactly why I like it more than Serge's, actually. In fact, Belial, who tends to be aggressive and pressuring as hell himself, always describes you as an extremely pitbull-style player - and that's a superb compliment originating from another top-notch pitbull, I think :)

I generally disagree with aggressive x play styles. She is more suited to defensive and movement based play in my opinion. So as much as kayane is great and fun to watch, I don't like her gameplan. No offense. I look forward to playing her in cannes, for a clash of defensive vs offensive play.

I really don't like serge's X. im not sure about how effective it is, but i don't like the direction his game is developing.

I generally disagree with aggressive x play styles. She is more suited to defensive and movement based play in my opinion. So as much as kayane is great and fun to watch, I don't like her gameplan. No offense. I look forward to playing her in cannes, for a clash of defensive vs offensive play.

I really don't like serge's X. im not sure about how effective it is, but i don't like the direction his game is developing.

This is interesting. I agree about the movement based play, which has always been essential to her game. However, I always thought SC4 version of Xianghua doesn't allow her to turtle anymore and forces her to be much more aggressive to stand a chance.

Since you go to Cannes, I challenge you to a FT5/10 with my Mitsurugi, if it's OK with you. I believe I know the match-up well, and I'm looking forward to play against a different style of Xianghua.

I dont believe SC4 emphasis defencive playstyle. In SC2 it was the best style, in SC3 it had its uses, but in part 4... no. In part 4 you turtle = you die. Funny, how from the big turtle I had to evolve into big pitbull...

I also dont think X is even suited to defend. she doesnt have much stuff to punish with and even less - to punish comfortably. But she has evades. Those weapons dictate the style of her warfare. So yes, to make use of her spacing tools, to connect 44B, 1B+K, 2_8*B, to punish with iFC 3B and so on, you have to instill fear in your opponent and provoke him. Otherwise you will be destinied to blocking with no reward or mixup , or spacing without opportunity to punish a wiff.

I think it's very interesting that Shen Yuan plays X in a defensive way, because I can't really imagine how that actually works. But I'll see that in a month.

I don't know whether I'm an aggressive or defensive X player in general, but I would (as Belial mentioned) say I play her more aggressively. In any case, I'm definitely not a turtler. :)

Your arguments have a solid basis.

I will do my best to prove my point in cannes.

When I mean defensive, I do not mean 0 offense.

Turtly play is possible in SC4. You just don't block to defend. Defensive play that is based heavily on guarding will fail in SC4, as abovementioned

Musashi: Sure. I believe I know the mitsu matchup well as well.

Hi everybody,

Here videos of the last tournament in Paris that I won, here the Grand Finale against Dina (best Hilde's player in France), I won 3-2 but was really hard. :

Part 1 :
(you must watch it with the largest size lol)
Part 2 :
Hope you'll like it, and find thanks to those videos some tips against Hilde. :)

Back