XXX - Xianghua Vid Thread

Shadius

[08] Mercenary
We don't have one so why not make one

I'm not the best X player, the first 3 vids are from when i first started her and im currently working on making her my main, shes getting better every game. Everyone post your vids and I'll add them up to the first post here, I'll hopeful be making more vids with mister ribu and mister cy sometime soon

yo, so i took 2nd this past weekend at the Crooked Jester monthly in NJ, vids should be up in a few days. Im really proud of the way i played yesterday.

Vids that were posted so far from this past Saturday's tournament

Me vs Jaxel (Talim)

Me vs IdleMind (Cassandra)

Me vs KPC (Siegfried) awesome close match

The winners finals and grand finals of that tourney were also recorded, but aren't uploaded yet.

Just watched those three serge, you're really good! Probably not the better X player out of us two, but was wondering why you don't 66B+K after SXSB...More RO potential and damage I believe?

you mean after blue SXSB? or after my FC3B launcher?

In either case i prefer using 3B+K as a followup because i still haven't fully 100% gotten my execution down on 66B+K off of other moves. Not a big fan of the SC4 buffer system:-)

Also, after watching the grand finals - i didnt practice what i preached with 1BB usage. I became predictable with it (using it after B+G or the SXS throws), but when i thought my opponent was gonna get up instantly, he didnt, and at that point 1BB would have been more appropriate

Yeah that buffer system... sucks. You punish with WRK...really well.

From what I saw, you need to stop whiffing 44AA on KD.. he's whiff punishing it with his tech crouching 236B like a mad man! It seems you were limiting your range options by only doing that move. Seemed to do it a lot on round starts too.

You were also stepping pretty well and getting 33B in... I would have tried to do a 22_88 5 B for the damage you can get off that instead... Well, I'll try to remember but, I probably do 33B myself, lol

Does Cass get 236B after blocking X's AAB?

10 mins in on the grand finals I think you noticed that KD was stopping all your SXS by reacting and interrupting, so then you completely ditched it afterwards?(or did you forget to use it) Amirite? Maybe work on other moves into SXS instead of 1BB (but yeah SXS is great after 1BB on wakeup, totally picking that up from you)

Cass gets both 236B and 236 I think. I always 236B though because I don't have enough time to remember while actually playing.

wow Serge. that's impressive.
you've come a long way since ATL and kept your faith in X ever since; even though I gave up on her.

now that you have the best X in the U.S. title to defend, you're going to have plenty of fun.

Sorry I've been a bit busy guys with my offline practicing for this weekend. I'm ft5ing idle and I've been getting ready for it. Give me a few minutes to do some updates to the first post

Edit: Updated, now to clean up this thread

couple casuals I recorded a week or so ago. I'd been using her for 2 or 3 days and needed to test her out. I noticed I'm pretty damn unsafe (use alot of WS B....) and I whiff alot. Too much 6k. don't really take advantage of grounded opponents.

and critiquing would be nice, like missed free damage or whatever. :O

Ill take a look later and see what I can tell you but for now im adding to the first post

Shadius, would you mind disabling the embed on the first post, if you're going to consolidate the videos? It helps out those not using the best computers or connections, plus cleans up the thread a bit. If no one else cares then fine but having two of the same video in every other post is a bit aggravating.

This is Indonesia casual match

ISCC SBY- Ak47Shadow ( Ivy ) VS Cupui ( Xiang Hua )

ISCC SBY-Cupui ( Xiang Hua ) VS FrozenFang ( Yoshimitsu )

hope u like it :)
Comment will be appreciated :)

I decided to learn Xiang hua seriously
so I will expect a correction

what have I done wrong
What should I do as Xiang Hua player :)
I started using her 1 week ago
so maybe I still do some mistakes

THX

PS: fight againts Ivy is a pain LOL

great matches dude. I was really impressed. Only a few minor points of criticism.

Remember, you get a free FC3B off of a sx3 B. don't hold that button down, i've seen it happen with you a few times.
On wakeup, try not to use A+K [b+k] or A+K, b+k. This move tracks very poorly. Usually on wakeup i will mix up between A+K->ws A+B or A+K->FC3B. Check out some of your punishment options against both characters.

GREAT job dishing out SXS stance damage on both players. The Ivy definitely had defensive tendencies that you exploited (she would start interrupting after 1B, but then u froze her with 11B). The yoshi player got exposed as a "I will always GI the second hit" guy. I saw you go into stance a bunch and punish his whiffed GI attempts, great job.

Also great use of 66a to close the distance, at times mix that in with a 66K to get slightly less step coverage, but a mid to hit tech duckers. Against Ivy, try to fire off a quick 66B+K as soon as she wraps the whip around. Its fast, has range, and will likely hit, especially since the ivy was trying to freeze you out.

Great matches!!!

yo serge THX for the correction :)

honestly your match video in Jaxel Tournament
is the reason I picked Xiang Hua :)
I wish I can play well like u

about the wake up yes I finally found that it's really bad for oki LOL
gotta search the other option
when I saw in your video 66K is also good to track tech roll
if your opponent tech roll behind u. A+K ( doing nothing ) > BT mix up is also good

And dealing with Ivy is really hard to get close when she spamming her
side step defensive move. ( her 236B...maybe ).
is the solution 66B+K ? I'll try that later :)

also her range is ridiculous. it almost shut down all my 44B set up

I still miss some combo opportunities, sometimes still blundering
because I forgot the X's command list and sometimes don't know
what to do LOL

I should check the frame data
and read your guide again :)

THX again
I'll upload my match again
once I play X better. :)

Back