Y-Seong players; try to convince me.

1AngryZealot

[08] Mercenary
Hey everybody. I'v been playing SC4 for quite some time now. Learning about this website from a friend of mine (Zombiebear666) about a month ago has dramastically improved my fighting abilitys. Since I discovered Yoshi's 2bA (Curve Fist), 3ab, 44bB, aB+K combo, GI and Just frames has now been my thing (thanks to this website and Zombie teaching me the existence of 2bA). Using my new ability to spam GI and Just frames, my win percentage has been bumped to 70% still raising in special while in standard rank games, I am fixing the rank at the moment to a 70%+ ratio (at a icky 50% before. Now improving recorded sinces I'm converting back to standard games). Now so far, my ability to play Yoshimitsu and Rock (Yep, I'm one of those poor Rock suckers but I love him <3 <3 ) has gone quite nicely, as now I'm able to compete with nembers of 8wayrun. But this is where the promblem begins.
Playing with many of my friends for long periods of time, the only 2 characters I know how to play is Yoshimitsu and Rock. Seeing my friends play a huge varations of characters such as Algol, Vodo, Yoshi, Cervantes and Asty, I feel left out while at the same time, thinking that I bore my friends with nothing but Rock and Yoshi. I'm desperately searching for a new character that I like but pretty much most of the characters in the game looks unappealing to me. So far the characters I had attempted are Setsuka, Cassy and Lizardman. I like none of them gameplay wise. So my next character on the list is you guessed it...Yun-Seong.
I'm a extremely defensive guy. I love counters, stun counters, GIs and evasive moves (All hail Yoshi's handy dandy 2a+b). I tend to have the habit of waiting for a opening, no matter how small it is and take advantage of it. Now, its funny to think that I choose to look into Yun-Seong seeming from what I watched from the videos and the post on this website, hes seems to be very variable for attacks and has a lot of +frames (I'm new to this, I'm taking the more positive it is, the more of a disadvantage you are at?). I'm willing to try out somebody completely different so seeming that Yun is quite the opposite from what I'm used to, he might be a good start. However, it would be more preferable for me to pick a character more of my style but if you can convince me to try and play Yun-Seong, well all I can really award you is a Gratitude of thanks. But yeah, I really found Yun-Seong's kicks to have a quite a good feel to them.

Edit: Sorry guys. I try to add indents to this thread but it just didn't seem to work.

hi

1st: Taking online seriously is a bad bad thing to say in here if you want someone to take you seriously.
2nd: Yun-seong is bad, you might wanna post this wall of text in Hilde's forum, just for kicks.

^^^not very convincing...

i mean playing yun is all up to you, i play yun bc

1.i had been playing kilik since sc1

2.yun is fun to play with

3.crane

4. crane mix-ups

5. BT CR b+k (while the move itself is useless and a fucking joke, when playing scrubs it has good awe effect)

Well, I'm not an expert, but a few things:
1) Yun-seong DOESN'T have lots of moves at +frames. He in fact has a BB that leaves you at -2.
2) He doesn't pressure with tons of frame traps on block, but rather he pressures with good soul gauge damage, good throws ( ring out forward and backwards with A and B respectively ), and yomi with his 44B and his stance mixups.
3) His stance is very character dependant, so you'll need to learn it quite well to learn to apply it
4) He has good kicks, very useful against a-gi type moves such as asura and such
5) His step control is kind of crappy. He doesn't have any good mid-step killers. His best up close 4K doesn't track well enough ( according to Johhny Blaze aka hotnikkelz ) and his 66A is high.
6) He's relatively quick with his i12 KK letting you pressure, interrupt, and punish alot situations that other characters cannot.

I think he's a blast to play. I wish he had a few holes fixed, but you can't have everything. I do think if you've grown very accustomed to Yoshi you'll have a hard time adjusting. His frames are worse in general and he's lacking as many easy, safe damage setups. Most of his good setups are risky to a lesser or greater extent. 236KK 2nd hit duckable, 33 leaves you in back turned, 33AA is unsafe, All move -> crane are somewhat to very risky, 1A is not good on block...anything i'm leaving out?

I'v been messing around with him in training mode. His stuns seems almost next to useless since shaking em is a problem. As I played Yun, I can't bear the unsafe combos and states he tend to leave his self in during combat. He was fun at first but it just seems the more I play him, the worst I get with him. Well, I'll play with him a little more, do a little more research on this atttack traps and combos, then I will decide if I want to master him. More then welcome to recommend a safer character to me.

I told you if you want him to be like Yoshi you can't play like that. You need to know his block stun coming off of his moves and make decisions on the risk of losing frames versus the reward of doing soul gauge damage/low attack. If you want a safe char go to Amy or Setsuka...but I don't think they are half as fun as Yun. Sure it would be nice if his stuns were harder to shake, but they set you up for mixups/soul gauge damage opportunities. 6A+B, 9B, 6B/, 66B, 66A+B all do good soul gauge damage and are great mids to use after his stuns if you want Soul gauge damage. You can then mix it up with throws, 11B, 1B, 11A ( completely safe ) to get good opportunities from his stuns. His shakable stuns come on very nice moves anyway, 6A/[A] gets you mixups from crane on NH and knocks down on CH. 44A covers step really well, and 44B is the classic dodge away move that does decent SG and you get the stun mixup from both moves.

Back