YLOD I needs halp

Juez

DragonPuncher
So my Ps3 got the YLOD. I need help fixing it with out having to spend $150. If anyone knows any websites that can give me a hand that would be greatly appreciated.

i got this on my first system. your gonna find that your best bet is to buy another ps3, sorry.

Juece, as g0ofus mentioned yea, that is your best bet; unless of course you feel taking another course of action may help....here is a link for you that i used as a reference at an attempt to fix my ps3 with this method(twice) but no luck for me....i think it had something to do with the temperature my heat gun could max out, though i hear others have been successful with
method....good luck

So I heard of this repair book that's suppose to be awesome so I'm thinking of buying it. It cost like 30 bucks and if it works then It will save my a shit load of money and then I can repair peeps ps3's for cash. With me luck yo

im havin this same problem, ut i get the flashin red light...
if that book works juece, let me kno asap

Alright the book worked and my ps3 is working as I am playing it right meow.

Juece, the youtube tutorials are just as effective and free. I had the same problem and fixed it using those. Also, if they didn't tell you in the book, it's ultra-rare that a YLOD is fixed permanently. You'll most likely need a new PS3 eventually.

Bookmark these links from youtube, this guy knows how to fix a ps3 YLOD, though I only think it works with the older "fat" models, but any ways here they are:

(that's part 1 of 3)
(that's part 2 of 3)
(this is part 3: the re-assembly)

I've used this to fix 2 ps3s myself, you just have to follow it exactly

Back