Hilde (10).png
Hilde (3).png
Hilde (4).png

V2
Hilde (6).png
Hilde (7).png
Hilde (8).png
Hilde (9).png

The Hip Skirt, while not very princessy, does match thee luster and material of the Rocaille Suit. The frills of the bottom also look like the original princess dress. Downside, NO STICKERS.

The Pareo verion, while decorative and sticker compatible, just... looks like a crappy art project. The shape and where it parts does look like the origanl dress, but... it IS a pareo... just doesn't have the material or luster...

It really seems the skirt can't be done perfectly ...

Attachments

• Hilde (1).png
    Hilde (1).png
    852.5 KB · Views: 423
Thanks for everyone whose been giving feedback! I'm ging to be away from my PS3 fro about a week, so no CaS til after then.

Maybe this'll be a good time for people to look at my thread more... It's been pretty barren aside from a few people, at least compared to other threads.

Anyway I'll still be lurking around, but no creations til next week!

OK, Yosharioll i know how you feel, so i went through your whole gallery and here is my review and tips.

First off a general comment, part of your work is recreations, they all show a good mastery of the editor, a good eye for details, and your Sophitias and Cassies are cute and well done.
Still, recreating old costumes is for me Level 0 in creativity, so it fails to impress me...so i am glad you have other stuff to show.

My personal favourite is your bath suit cucumber girl, because it is fresh and original, and well done too. Nice joke character ;o)
Next come your two face jester girl (the one in blue and black)
Your Rock is rock solid, and your Geishas/Ninjas are interesting
This space guy with the red face and purple rings is intriguing too.

Your asta and shaolin in the end are good, not overly original but nice ones (i just did a shaolin monk Maxi myself).
Olcadan is a nice build, i never played SCIII so i don't know much about him, but i like owls too (wink ;o)

All in all, what you can improve on is being less over the top in size and placement of stickers, they tend to stick out too much (i prefer your 2P Hilde much more without that zipper, it detracts from an otherwise very nice and faithful recreation, i love Hilde, and yours is no exception ;o)
Then you need to work on the colors, your CAS are either lacking color variety (it is good to match colors, you do that reasonably good, but you need contrast, so a few colors need to be different and complementary).
Your CAS recreation could benefit from the use of gradients and patterns, even if it not 100% faithful, who cares, try to think outside the box, because you have the potential to do much better CAS using those simple tips.
There is room for improvement in the special equ use too, and sir you like pure rings (it is all right, i do myself ;o)

That is all i have to say, oh maybe, don't give up if you don't get many comments, been there lived that, have faith in yourself, work hard on refining your skills...
I challenge you to do a CAS that wows me, sweeps me off my feet, slaps me in the face, you can do it Yoshi !

Maybe you'll return the courtesy somehow...

Thank you very much for your feedback Vilarcane! I just in downer mood yesterday (as well as very very BORED). I just I see other threads getting noticed here and there, and I got a wee jealous in my feat of boredom...

While I understand that people find no creativity recreating outfits that already exist, I believe that it shows a sense of creativity in how one finds a way to express it. It just makes me exited when I make something that is a throwback to a previous game.

I like to use stickers, considering it is something we've not had in creation before. I underdstand I do go a smidge over board at times... And yes, I noticed greatly how much my colors are... not diverse. I use colors that compliment eachother well all the time, but I rarely put accenting contrast. My characters like Cecille and Lila suffer from that. That idea of gradients for recreation is cool, old utfits tend to appear bland and since total faithfulness is hardly possible, might as well do that right?

Well thanks again, and I'll definately start brainstorming for a mind-blowing CaS! (once I get back to my PS3 :D )

I totally did not realize you had added so much stuff since my last visit. /shameface

Anyway, let's get to it. Here's a ladder for the wall of text. You may need it.

Fa's straps look good and the additional wings/feathers/bird stuff gives a thematic consistency which is always nice. Tasteful and understated patterns are also used well to avoid that "flat" sort of look. I love Cecille, though. My original thoughts remain the same: great concept, great weapon choice, incredibly unique and quirky character. DO NOT DELETE. I'm still not feeling Wyls, though. The green works it's just the amount of pitch black and greys make things slightly dull. I think some of the subtle pattern work you used on Fa could maybe be applied just to bring a little bit of depth to the darker areas. Maybe make the stickers on his chest gold or copper or something just to highlight their shape, aswell. Also you could experiment with make up in order to make him look more sickly. It doesn't need to be severe or anything but if you can give him some discolouration around his eyes and cheeks it'll make him look more gaunt and poorly (look at the eyes of your 38 year old Cassandra for a rough idea of what I'm getting at). If you can make his face look sick it'll give his suit context which will give him a stronger sense of character. As with all of my advice, take it at your own discretion. If you're happy with him it doesn't really matter what I say. :)

I remember Lucius and Rina. I like the unusual item choices for Lucius like that Egyptian skirt thing. The colours and stickers tie it all together nicely. I'm trying to imagine how that spear would look in combat because Pat has a couple of shield smash moves, it must be quite neat. You used the old man face! That's a great face for veteran type dudes and one I don't see get used all that much unless it's buried under stickers or paint. Rina meanwhile is the girl next door....just hopefully not next door to me. All the loveliness, all the sweetness, totally contradicted by the whopping great sword she's got. I'd expect her to have the rolling pin and basket but the mismatch here is so weird it's difficult not find it endearing...from a safe distance. She looks pretty psycho. I like how you broke up the long sleeved dress with the stickers and again a really nice subtle pattern help to avoid the parts looking lifeless. Nice hat. ;)

Now Lila has one of the most unique applications of the gradient pattern I've seen. I've played with the converse colours before but splitting a whole character right down the middle like that is very creative and impressive. Tira's style is, ofcourse. the obvious choice for any schizophrenic. Brilliant work.

After seeing dozens of burned and horrifically scarred monstrosities it's a very refreshing change to see Spa Mom. Pretty creative and out of the box thinking for that one. I can appreciate that. :D

Long Quantou's got some sneaky tricks to him. The sleeves being matched to the flame sticker by use of the pattern was a shrewd move. I like the simplicity of this design and the knuckle dusters are a nice touch, however I feel he could (again) benefit from those subtle patterns used for characters like Rina just to give some more depth to his trousers/top.

Yeah that was pretty focused on your originals, which I hope you don't mind. I will however say that your Hwangs and that Hilde with the Hip Skirt are fantastic. Don't be too down if feedback is slow, though. It's summertime now and people are out and about, on holidays, looking for jobs (graduation time) and whatnot. It's easy to lose track of time in those situations. Keep at it!

YES. ATTENTION. *ravanous eating noises*... Just kidding... Thanks for looking back here Fliptop.

Fa and Cecille are my pride and joy, they are permanent on my roster for sure. Wyls I ended up deleting to make room. I just couldn't feel him, I'll probably make him again someday. Lucius I love 'cause of his sheer resemblence to Roman Legionarries, and yes; his spear looks pretty cool in battle. Rina was actually one of my few carryover originals from IV. She originally had Setsuka style with the western parasol, but I fitted her with the ornate Damascus Sword of Mitsu in V. I loved how it made her look so badass! Lila looks incredible in battle, but it's also cool to watch her with Voldo's style. I'm also glad Spa Mom is getting some love! Quantou with pattern was a lucky last minute idea to make up for the 2 motif limit. Though I haven't given much explaination to him yet... but he is just fun to play as with DJ's style.

I was thinking of reposting all of my originals along with 2ps and backroud/info pretty soon... once I get back home.

So thanks again though!

COMING UP SOON (like in a week maybe) :
-Amy recreation/maybe Viola 3p
-BANGOOOOOOoooooOOOOOoooo
-Original creation reintoduction festival!... or something...
-Maybe 3ps of Sieg, Raph, Mitsu, and Cerv...

Quickie

Hilde SCIV 2P
There are several different versions...

The Hip Skirt, while not very princessy, does match thee luster and material of the Rocaille Suit. The frills of the bottom also look like the original princess dress. Downside, NO STICKERS.

The Pareo verion, while decorative and sticker compatible, just... looks like a crappy art project. The shape and where it parts does look like the origanl dress, but... it IS a pareo... just doesn't have the material or luster...

It really seems the skirt can't be done perfectly ...
i actually love all of them!

My first CaS in a week!

Bangoo

V1
Bangoo (6).png
Bangoo (5).png
Bangoo (7).png

V2
Bangoo (3).png
Bangoo (2).png
Bangoo (4).png

Notes
Genral- This design draws a lot of inspiration from fellow 8WRunner Gatsu's own Bangoo. Aside from that, I took it to take features from his original appearence in Soul Edge/Blade, and both of his appearences in images of Rock's ending in Soul Calibur. A leather-esque vest with no undershirt was definately needed. The pants was interpreted from an image with his back turned. It looked like baggy shorts, but I think it might have actually been a large wrap-type thing, yet the idea stuck.

Moveset- The choice of Xiba's style has a lot of reason behind it.
-To avoid too much similarity to my Rock CaS, and Rock in general I guess.
-My premonition that Bangoo would have "replaced" Rock in SCV, to prevent similarity to Asta, I figured he'd have a more lithe axe-wielding style.
-The fact that in Soul Blade if hacked, one could play with Bangoo's model over Seong Mi-Na' moveset
-The Halberd has the resemblence to Rock's axe when it was more slender. It could be implied that Bangoo wields it with different techniques.

V1- The Arabian Vest is smaller, more similar to his vest in the SC ending pic, but it totally lacks the half sleeve shoulder outcrops from SC. I'd like a smaller vest to show off more of his upper body shape. The Vagrant's Warahi resemble the types of sandal-ish footwear that Rock has worn.

V2- The Leather Vest, has the shoulder sleeve-age, but is longer and covers up more of his upper body. With that it is looser, so in nimation it swings to show more body. There is a different pocket sticker on this one as well, the buttons kinda compliment the necklace. Shinobi Tabi couple with the shoes them to give them more appearence of a boot like his past appearences.

Which do you guys prefer, Arabian or Leather Vest; and Sandals or Boots?

Bangoo update! I've decided on most aspects on the 1P, and I made a 2P

1P Outfit- "Father's Sendoff"
Bangoo (12).png
Bangoo (11).png
Bangoo (13).png

The cropped pants are less shiny, therefore more leather-ish. The length is closer to the baggy pants I envisioned. I revised many stickers as well.

Plus a version with Stylish Short hair instead. Which is better?
Bangoo (1).png
Bangoo (14).png

2p Outfit- "Apache Warrior"
Bangoo (9).png
Bangoo (8).png
Bangoo (10).png

His 2P resembles more traditonal Apache attire (from what I Googled). Just a loincloth riddled with garters and belts and such. The Center Parted hair is softer and more resemblant to Apache Native American hair.
Just a wee concept doodle...
Bangoo-ref.JPG

So does anyone rember this guy I made?
Lucius (7).png
He is a Roman legionnary that I named Lucius. After looking around at minor SC characters (after my Bangoo CaS) I realized that Sophitia and Cassandra had a younger brother named Lucius. I was about to simply deem legionnary Lucius as the brother, but he looked too old, and I didn't want to make him younger. I decided to rename him Aegidius, and make an entirely new CaS for Lucius Alexandra.

Ergo, here is Lucius Alexandra!

Some info on him...
Very little is said about him, so I'm kinda making him an "original" character. There is no evidence of him ever having fighting abilities like his older sisters. He also held some sort of grudge against Rothion (Sophitia's husband) as he apparently kept the disappearence/death of Sophitia (via the malfested/to protect Pyrrha) a secret for a while. He also apparently passed his baking skills (Alexandra family business) to Patroklos before he went off to his... whatevers...

My interpretation!!
My appearence of Lucius in V has him 29-33 years old, meaning that during the events of II/III/IV he was 12-16... I'm just being really generous here... Considering he never fought in any games is something I'll incorporate. He never found a knack for fighting, while his sisters went off fighting, he was home... baking. He did his best to keep the family business together after everyone died and/or vanished into Astral Chaos. Lucius amended the grudgehe had against Rothion before he passed. He did associate Patroklos before he went on his little story mode quest, he was like his "cool uncle that never amounted to anything". After Pat left, Lucius couldn't help but feel useless. He enlisted the help of retired soldier and Alexandra family friend (for reasons of fanfiction) Aegidius!... to teach him the ways of fighting. Perhaps he could aid Pat on his quest, or look to destroy Soul Edge or something (afterall, Soul Edge is the reason his siter is dead, and possible reason his other sister is missing). Lucius was not as good with a shield as his sisters, so Aegidius decided to teach him proficiency with the spear instead. Lucius was still unsure of his abilities, so he asked Aegidius to accompany him as he was worried about Patroklos... Something along those lines...

1P Outfit- "Alexandrian Lancer"
Lucius (13).png
Lucius (8).png
Lucius (12).png

He is lightly armored, as he is just a baker and only borrowed this soldier equipment from Aegidius. Hilde's style equips him with a sword and spear, similar to greek hoplites. His shield is not a hoplon, but a mere buckler. The half-shirt with chiton and assymetricality is based on some of Sophitia's old costumes. The symbol on his chest is made to resemble the feathery "Alexandra Family Creast" or at least that's what I call it. The Roman Belt eliminates the bottom of the Chiton and all skirts, so I settle for Simple Half-Pants.
2P Outfit-"Lazy Street Clothes"
Lucius (11).png
Lucius (9).png

Lazy street clothes... just a place holder 'til the Hoplite armor DLC shows up...
My original concept doodle
Lucius-ref.JPG

More stuff!

Salia Olschmidt
Salia (5).png
Salia.png
Salia (6).png
Salia (1).png
Salia (3).png
Salia (2).png

Most of the Salia CaSs that I've seen were manish, blonde, Siegfried look-alikes with his style. Yeah, she has a similar color scheme and armor... it's just what I thought would fit her. I saw pictures (mostly concept sketches) of Salia, which helped me secide on the armor. She is also older than she was in said pictures. The Champion Belt clips with the Stell armor, but I like the way it looked.

Viola as Amy
Amy (3).png
Amy (1).png
Amy (2).png

I like it. Nurse boots are perfect, the Bridal Dress works really well. The Vicious Horns help make the pigtails look curly, at least at distance. Earrings were us to make up for the fact that I had no room for two flowers, they're like hair clips.

Attachments

• Salia (4).png
    Salia (4).png
    810.3 KB · Views: 345
Prepare for MY ORIGINAL CREATION INTRODUCTION EVENT... THING... yeah... Part 1

Fa
Fa (6).png Zhan Heping "Fa"
Referred Name: Fa
Origin: China
Personality: Dislikes fighting, benevolent, strong-willed, yet hesitant to fight
Travelling with: Shentou
Notes: Comes from ancestry of great warriors, parents exepct much from her and they aren't aware of her dislike of violence, well liked in her town as a sort of "Neighborhood Watch" (she uses the job to avoid more violent occupations like soldier)
Story Notes: Travelling to where the Soul Edge war thing is going on, as she was sent as an envoy of her town. She was sent alone and unwilling to go, her closest friend Shentou insisted he go with her.
Weapon: Jian and Tengpai- Charmed Sword and Jade Shield
Stage and Theme: Luoyang: Grand Festival of Guandi Temple- EPHEMERAL DREAM

1P- "Jade Dove"
Fa (8).png
Fa (6).png
Fa (7).png
Fa (9).png

2P- "Abhorrent Soldier"
Fa (12).png
Fa (10).png
Fa (11).png
Fa (13).png

Shentou
Shentou (5).png Long Shentou
Referred Name: Shentou
Origin: China
Personality: Bit of a hot-shot, pugnacious, rebellious, yet hard-working, cares for his friends
Travelling with: Fa
Notes: Raised in a monastary just outside of Fa's town, he was abandonned as an infant and left there. Resiliant to the up-tight attitudes of the monks. Wishes to make something of himself. Descendent of a race of dragon people that can sprout wings and fly and shoot fire (through their eyes...). Only he and Fa knows.
Story Notes: Has heard of Soul Edge and could take the oppurtunity to go find it for adventure and fame, but he is truly going to protect Fa because he know s that she doesn't wish to go.
Weapon: Knuckle Dusters- Long Fang
Stage and Theme: Conqueror's Colisseum: Underground- FORSAKEN SANCTUARY

1p- "Golden Dragon"
Shentou (8).png
Shentou (5).png
Shentou (6).png
Shentou (7).png

2p- "Dragonkin"
Shentou (3).png
Shentou (1).png
Shentou (2).png
Shentou (4).png

Cecille
Cecille (1).pngCecille Isolda
Referred Name: Cecille
Origin: Western Europe
Personality: Stern, vengeful, bitter, basically the new Setsuka
Travelling with: Alone
Notes: A mage-knight, raised by traveling troubadors, minstrels and mercenaries. They were all killed after a job by bandits infected by the Evil Seed. Traveled on her own and continued to train in swordplay and magic.
Story Notes: Travelled the world preparing herself to get revenge on Soul Edge, and overall to stop 'cause it's evil. Apparently, she just never happened to get close enough to it all the other times 'til now.
Weapon: Twin Magic Swords- Courtain and Sauvaigne
Stage and Theme: Unknown Forest: Dark Night- HORANGI ARIRANG

1p- "Armored Sorceress"
Cecille (3).png
Cecille (1).png
Cecille (2).png
Cecille (4).png

2p- TBA

Amir
Amir (8).png Amir Veseli
Referred Name: Amir
Origin: Eastern Europe
Personality: Jolly, benevolent yet michevious, uplifting, generally silly
Travelling with: Rina, Kade
Notes: A fickle noble's eldest son who was exiled for silly behavior. He was never satisfied with noble life anyway, so he was happy to steal what he needed and run off to live on his own. He lives to make others happy, so he ended up taking a robin hood role to help people he met in his squallor. Still visits his little sister at the manor in secret.
Story Notes: Following his sister Rina in her endeavors when she runs away from home.
Weapon: Push Daggers- Guild Claws
Stage and Theme: Free Imperial City: Old Quarter- DESTINY WILL TELL

1p- "Marquis' Shame"
Amir (3).png
Amir (8).png
Amir (9).png
Amir (1).png

2p- "Marquis' Son"
Amir (12).png
Amir (10).png
Amir (11).png
Amir (13).png

Rina
Rina (5).png Rina Veseli
Referred Name: Rina
Personality: Kind hearted but adventurous, unamused when people think she can't take care of herself.
Travelling with: Amir, Kade
Notes: Amir's younger sister. Abhorred at her father's decision to exile her brother. They make secret meetings every now and then. Was taught self-defense growing up, and very able in combat despite gentle appearance.
Story Notes: Decided she was finally fed up with her father, she up and left home. She wanted to help people like her brother. The town her father governs was touched by the war of Nightmare, she went to help them in any way she can. Eventually she wished to travel and aid anyone who was influenced by the war. Her brother heared as she left town and wanted to come with her to keep her safe, to her slight dismay. They met Kade along the way, who was on a similar journey, and they went together.
Weapon: Shamshir- Steel Iris
Stage and Theme: Free Imperial City Center- SOUL AND SWORD

1p- "Wandering Flower"
Rina (2).png
Rina (5).png
Rina (4).png
Rina (1).png

2p- "Lilac Promenade"
Rina (10).png
Rina (8).png
Rina (9).png
Rina (11).png

Kade
Kade (9).png Kade Arcadia
Referred Name: Kade (Alias: The White Sage)
Personality: He wishes to help people, seemingly proud but actually slightly awkward
Travelling with: Amir, Rina
Notes: The missing prince of Arcadia. A demon born from Soul Edge was defeated and possessed the queen's unborn baby in the womb to recooperate its strength. To prevent it from escaping or harming the baby, the country's greatest sorcerors placed a seal on the demon. Kade grew up practicing magic, as the power in the seal enhanced his abilities.
Story Notes: It was heard that the seal would weaken after 20 years, an uprising occured that people wanted to kill the prince to be rid of demon. To prevent a rebellion, Kade ran away and disguised himself for the good of the country. He wandered using his magic to heal and help people and the guise of "The White Sage". He met with Amir and Rina as they were helping those affected by the SSoul Edge war.
Weapon: Pictogram Sorcery- Immaculate Octogram
Stage and Theme: Denever Castle: Eye of Chaos- WORLD ATLAS COLLAPSED

1p- "The White Sage"
Kade (12).png
Kade (9).png
Kade (13).png
Kade (11).png

2p- "Seal Released"
KadeX.png
KadeX (3).png
KadeX (1).png
KadeX (2).png
That's it for now...

That's a nice bunch of originals there; they're unique, but not in-your-face.
Fa 1P and Kade 2P are my favourites :)

man... that new pack is great... but Shentou and Kade are fucking amazing!!!! Shentou 2P is my favorite... so awesome

Dragonskin has something, very well done, not overloaded, and suitable dragonish...
Lilac promenade is light and cute and a good use of clothing i do not possess ;o)
the others i am not so fond of, either a tad unoriginal, or a tad overdone (in your face stickers/colors ain't good in my books)

Back