YosharioIII's Character Creation's...

Thanks for the feedback so far guys. I'm glad that people like Shentou's 2P! It was whim that turned out well!
Vilarcane if it's not too much trouble, could you be specific about what you're not fond of? I'm not mad or anything, I just want to know what I can do to improve my less original creations.

No sweat.
-Stickers stick out too much, try and have a more discrete / blending in with the rest of the CAS sort of use...
-Colors need to be toned down a bit (too flashy)
-Either pick a strong theme (what is the intention/concept behind the CAS, try to make something fresh) and have a detail that really stands out (special equ, tatoo, whatever)...
example : crash test dummy CAS, cook CAS (my son), cute animal CAS, whatever, just avoid the generic been there done that CAS builds, or the overdone because i have no big scheme CAS...

just my 5 cents

Understood. Thank you! :D

Anyway, I did more to SCIV Sophitia and Cassandra;

Sophitia
Sophitia (16).png
Sophitia (18).png
Sophitia (17).png
Sophitia (19).png
I changed some colors, and wanted to see how it looked with the flared skirt. I have a pic without the skirt too in case anyone liked it better.

Cassandra
Cassandra (18).png
Cassandra (19).png
Cassandra (20).png
I went for a totally different approach here. I finally ditch the Noble Dress thing, it was way too baggy for Cassandra. The nurse uniform may not exactly match her SCIV outfit, but looks really good on her. I'm using Thigh Highs for the boots, which is pretty okay. All we need is the Elysium 2P pauldrons, which would be perfect! But with just my luck they'll either not come out or be fused with gauntlets...

Understood. Thank you! :D

Anyway, I did more to SCIV Sophitia and Cassandra;

Sophitia
I changed some colors, and wanted to see how it looked with the flared skirt. I have a pic without the skirt too in case anyone liked it better.

Cassandra
I went for a totally different approach here. I finally ditch the Noble Dress thing, it was way too baggy for Cassandra. The nurse uniform may not exactly match her SCIV outfit, but looks really good on her. I'm using Thigh Highs for the boots, which is pretty okay. All we need is the Elysium 2P pauldrons, which would be perfect! But with just my luck they'll either not come out or be fused with gauntlets...
omg the perfection in this cassandra is amazing. Im starting to get mad at myself for only giving praise on this thread, but seriously, that Cassandra is great. Makes me wish I bought the dlc for that stuff, but I'm out of microsoft points now D':

Amir = I fell that there is some poor sticker use with the 2 cylinders. It clips poorly and does not add much detail to the character. Also some items fell unnecessary.

Rina = Try switching your stickers from place by view to place by axis. i think it will help in what you are trying to do.

Long = I would put a sticker on his hands, if you are trying to create a brass knuckle

2p Kage = I think you could do more with his face to make him more "evil".

I also feel that there is also some unnecessary pattern use across the board. It's not always good to do this as it can make the character look cluttered and boring.

I like your recreations though.

Amir = I fell that there is some poor sticker use with the 2 cylinders. It clips poorly and does not add much detail to the character. Also some items fell unnecessary.
They are supposed to imitate rolled sleeves, without them the Cloth Vambrace just show over the sleeves of thecCongratulatory Shirt. I may also try seeing how it looks like with Pure Rings or just Stickers....What items do you find uneccesary?
Rina = Try switching your stickers from place by view to place by axis. I think it will help in what you are trying to do.
I tried "place by axis" first, but it distorts the sticker greatly. I know the pocket and zipper stickers would look better with axis, but it sucks that view is all I can do! D:
Long = I would put a sticker on his hands, if you are trying to create a brass knuckle
I didn't think of that. I figured it may get too distorted, so if it doesn't work out I'll just go with the hero's helmet crest.
2p Kage = I think you could do more with his face to make him more "evil".
I originally tried to make him look more evil, but then it didn't look like Kade anymore. I really want it to still look like Kade, just obviously being controlled y a demon.
I also feel that there is also some unnecessary pattern use across the board. It's not always good to do this as it can make the character look cluttered and boring.
Where does it seem unnecsary? I'm not mad or anything, I just happen to belive the opposite in most cases. Very subtle patterns on Shentou and Amir I think prevent material from looking flat.
I like your recreations though.
Thanks! :D

And thanks for the feedback!

Well for Amir I would try changing the cloth vambrace for something else because then you could use those two item slots for something that can give the character more personality. But if you want rolled sleeves....pure rings can help. It's just that the textures wouldn't match.

For Rina you could try using a different sticker (Square I think would be excellent)

As for the unnecessary pattern use. Let's put it like this. If I wanted to create subtle patterns, I would have used "dirt" patterns (like one of the basic patterns or the ethnic tiger pattern). I also would have chosen a regular pattern and just shape using stickers. That's just me though. No need to be upset. I've remade my characters probably 20 times.

Update!

I was bored so I figured I try again to make to Talim's first costme:
Talim (10).png
Talim (11).png
Not perfect, but it looks nice.

I wanted to resist doing this 'til I made a seperate file for recreations (Didn't I say something similar the first time I introduced this creation?) But any way:
Lightning V2
Lightning (4).png
Lightning (5).png
Lightning (3).png
Better than the last one I think. The Nurse Uniform works surprisingly well, except it doesn't work with almost any underwear. It works with the regular long-sleeved Unitard for some strange reason, but not the Sleeveless Unitard/Shirt/ or Top. Her undershirt is a sticker. There is no perfect hair for Lightning, but Natsu's 2P pointytail looks and sharp, as well as voluminous. It also parts the the perfect way, whose says Lightning can't just put her hair in a poinytail? :D. I may add some pocket stickers on the uniform though...

And last, since I was not satisfied with Fa's 2P costume in my Original Creations Super-Post-Fest Thingy, I ended up making 2 more:

2P (A)- "Release Dove"
Fa (16).png
Fa (14).png
Fa (19).png
A more elegant take on Fa, because her 1p is kinda tomboyish; with armor, boots and shorts; this one was made to be more... feminine. I white feathery scheme, I incorporated the unchangeble colors on Xiaoyu's dress into the color scheme. The wierd baggy gourd thing I have going on was for uniqueness... Orignally I was using them on her sleeves, but it didn't look the way I wanted, so I grafted them over to the boring Capris. Probably would've looked nicer on sleeves any way... I don't know...

2P (B)- "Crimson Heron"
Fa (18).png
Fa (15).png
Fa (17).png
An even MORE elegant take here, with a continued bird theme. Remeblant of older chinese dress, I think it's pretty...
I had trouble decidng wear to put the peacock sticker, I may change it eventually.

I'm gonna replace the 2p in the Orignal Creations Post on the last page with one of these, but I'm not sure which yet. Then I'll just call the other a "Bonus Costume".

Attachments

• Talim (9).png
    Talim (9).png
    757 KB · Views: 329
Experimenting with Long Shentou's 2P "Dragonkin"design. I didn't keep any because they kinda mess up the integrety of the design, but they looked cool

With Voodoo Armlets
Shentou (12).png
Shentou (11).png

With Dragon's Head
Shentou (18).png
Shentou (17).png

Aeon's Head
Shentou (14).png
Shentou (13).png

With Aeon's/Dragon's Head and Voodoo Armlets
Shentou (10).png
Shentou (9).png
Shentou (16).png
Shentou (15).png

Shentou's orignal 1P revolves arouund a concept that he's a an adopted baby raised by shaolin monks, who rebels because he doesn't belong, as he is a descendent of dragons.

The Dragon's head kinda gives him a "descendent of dragons" look. Aeon's head kinda looks like he has a full blown dragon transformation (and in armor break when it explodes, he takes enough damage to be knocked out of dragon form... I guess...)

Nice Seong Mi-na. Except I think you shouldn't have used the thigh highs.
I love character creation stuff. I mostly make recreations, of both old SC characters and those of other media... and I make a few 3p costume's and original's here and there... but for now all I have to show the world is my recreation of SCIV Seong Mi-na until the weekend... If anyone cares. It's one of my favorites.

Back